Votes: 22 23.4%
  • College

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 6.4%

• Total voters

GemCity

Reaction score
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Carroll is terrible at drafting players.

I think Schneider is and always has been the key to the draft when Seattle drafted well.

I always said Carroll had a leg up advantage drafting in 2010 and early cause he knew players when he was at USC and when that time started dry up cause he no longer had college experience with those players, his selection began to fizzle.

Many on .NET are correct, Carroll, is mainly a culture, players coach guy, but he’s not a brilliant Xs and Os guy. And because of this he depends largely on relationships and he needs elite players in order to make his very simple system work. But elite players aren’t easy to come by and playing his style of defense has become somewhat extinct in the NFL so with each passing year Carroll resulted to trading for players and then paying them, elite money, to make up for his inability to draft well. But these players aren’t elite players and since they got paid, have gotten injured, etc, no longer play with that hunger, so the product on field, especially defense, shows it’s true colors, as a skeleton of what used to be and what used to work.

Carroll couldn’t overcome this.
I agree with a good bit of this about drafting players. If you’re right, we may be in for a treat.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Yes I want a younger coach that brings innovation and change. I surely don’t want the proven commodity that’s Pete Carroll. Apparently ownership doesn’t either.

And so far it appears the league agrees with you. He isn’t being mentioned in any potential openings while other coaches who got fired are including bellicheck. That’s telling to me

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Pete Carroll needs to go to UW.

And honestly, UW needs Pete Carroll.

Especially right now.

Carroll, would turn the cameras and recruits looking at UW again.

It just makes too much sense right now for both sides…

CactusJack

Reaction score
Pete Carroll needs to go to UW.

And honestly, UW needs Pete Carroll.

Especially right now.

Carroll, would turn the cameras and recruits looking at UW again.

It just makes too much sense right now for both sides…
I think it would make a lot of sense. But I don't think Pete is a big fan of the current college landscape. NIL, etc.

Last edited:

NoGain

Reaction score
You'd think that if their top choices were nixed and with the bleeding of recruits and prospective transfer portal signees, is there ANYONE who could stop the bleeding faster than PC? I can't think of anyone else.

Fade

Reaction score
Carolina. Hear me out.

Tepper, having ran it into the ground, and no one of worth, especially a younger coach, willing to take on the dumpster fire that is the Panthers.

Hands the keys to Pete, and clears the way for Carroll to return credibility to Carolina. Tepper realizing he Dan Snyder 'd it.

They wouldn't win a championship with Carroll, but he could pull them out of the cellar and give them a foundation to vault off of in a couple of seasons.

Chargers seems way too obvious, and would feel bad for him, if he rolled out another bad defense and got Herbert killed with a bad O-line.

Carolina there would be no expectations.

College: Anywhere.

As much as I criticize him as a pro coach. He is tailor made for college, where his foibles are easily masked. With his 35 1st rd picks ever year, and the transfer portal giving him an even greater advantage.

Germanhawk7

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks that at 72 you should just know that it's enough?
Yes, he is fit for his age, but now again in a new city with a new culture and a completely new team also with a Team like the Panthers what is multiple years away to win a Trophy?
Also for the interested teams, you can never plan for longer than 2-3 years then the HC is 75 and you can start all over again.

For me, it only makes sense if you have a team that has both a franchise QB and a good defense that has recently only failed due to coaching and here I see the Chargers as the only serious option.

NoGain

Reaction score
I don't know. The POTUS is 81 years old, and the leading GOP contender for the POTUS is 77. Hell, Norman Lear was active in producing content for TV till he was 100 years old, and Clint Eastwood was still going strong in his 80's, and even now into his 90's.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Carolina. Hear me out.

Tepper, having ran it into the ground, and no one of worth, especially a younger coach, willing to take on the dumpster fire that is the Panthers.

Hands the keys to Pete, and clears the way for Carroll to return credibility to Carolina. Tepper realizing he Dan Snyder 'd it.

They wouldn't win a championship with Carroll, but he could pull them out of the cellar and give them a foundation to vault off of in a couple of seasons.

Chargers seems way too obvious, and would feel bad for him, if he rolled out another bad defense and got Herbert killed with a bad O-line.

As much as I criticize him as a pro coach. He is tailor made for college, where his foibles are easily masked. With his 35 1st rd picks ever year, and the transfer portal giving him an even greater advantage.
This is the problem. Tepper's ego will not allow him to blame himself. He is the next Dan Snyder. Panthers are screwed as long as he owns the team.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I don't know. The POTUS is 81 years old, and the leading GOP contender for the POTUS is 77. Hell, Norman Lear was active in producing content for TV till he was 100 years old, and Clint Eastwood was still going strong in his 80's, and even now into his 90's.
Not to get piltical but aren’t both prime examples that thebpremise has a right? Now Clint Eastwood is a different story!

NoGain

Reaction score
Not to get piltical but aren’t both prime examples that thebpremise has a right? Now Clint Eastwood is a different story!
I don't want to get political either, but how has Biden shown he's not up for the job? You may disagree with his policies, but he's accomplished a ton both domestically and on the foreign policy front. His age really hasn't been a factor at all in this way, other than the fact that many people would like to see a younger POTUS.

I'll take leave of this subject now as such things tend to get political fast.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Carolina. Hear me out.

I don't want Pete to pull a Seifert in Carolina, I still think that Atlanta is ideal, roster wise. Besides, I am a sucker for melodramas, a Wilson and Carroll winning another big one together makes movies.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
That's a definite possibility. After I retired, my attitude towards even the simplest things changed. It used to be that I had an urgency to get things done on my days off. But now, if I get the slightest bit tired or bored, I just say F-it, I'll do it tomorrow. My former boss has asked me on multiple occasions to un-retire, and I told him that if he thought I was lazy when I worked for him before, I'd be ten times that if I returned to work.

At his age, if Pete stays out of the fray for one season, it's my bet that he never goes back not only to coaching, but any full-time position such as an analyst or color commentator on TV.
I can certainly relate to that. But if Pete wakes up at 4:00 AM every morning and starts fidgeting, he may think otherwise.

Fade

Reaction score
This is the problem. Tepper's ego will not allow him to blame himself. He is the next Dan Snyder. Panthers are screwed as long as he owns the team.
Oh, I agree.

I'm just trying to carve out a hypothetical path for Pete to land another HC job.

Pete doesn't appear to have a lot of prospects, but it only takes 1.

Even Snyder eventually handed full control over to Mike Shanahan for a time. Maybe Tepper hasn't bottomed out yet and is hungry for more punishment. But eventually, he will have no choice but to hand the keys to someone else and get out of the way.

Pete would be perfect for Tepper at this juncture.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Pete should take a college job. But he probably doesn't want to deal with the current college landscape. I could see him doing media.