My sources confirm Grubb will be hired as OC(RUMOR)

Parallax

Reaction score
lol. This will be the only NFL franchise where the coaching staff have opt-out clauses in their contracts so they can jump ship for better offers. Do what you gotta do I guess.
What makes you think they have opt-out clauses? I doubt that's the case.

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
Now that are coaching staff is about done. The front office now will focus on personnel. I'm sure Geno is the first one on that list.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Geno fits the scheme. I expect him to return. Maybe they draft a QB? But they won't roll the dice on the prospect of having to start Lock or a rookie week one.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Geno isn't as bad as this place thinks he is.
I respectively disagree. He is a career backup full stop no pass go. Roll with Lock and a rookie you actually believe in already. Be ok with being 5-12 next year and maybe even 2025. It isn't the end of the world if we're shit for a year or two but after that I'm not ok. But regardless take your shot at quarterback EVERY year starting now.

Last edited:

themunn

Reaction score
Geno isnt bad.. hes just not $25 Million good, not even close

$25m is as cheap as you will get a QB on a veteran contract.

$24.5m steps you down to Jimmy G levels. Or you can pay upwards for Ryan Tannehill (29.5m), Jared Goff (33.5m), Kirk Cousins (35m), Derek Carr (37.5m), Daniel Jones (40m)

Given the injuries to our o-line and ineffectiveness of our running game, his step back last year was unsurprising, however I still think Smith is as good as if not better than all of those guys above who are significantly more expensive. In 2022 the main criticism levelled against him was that he wasn't clutch and couldn't do it with the game on the line. Then this year he goes and blows those critics away as well with 5 GWDs in the 4th quarter this season - hell he almost manufactured another against the Rams coming back in from injury after we'd let a 10 point lead slip with Lock on the field.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
We are over the cap as it stands. There will have to be some cuts, trades, and contract restructuring.

CPHawk

Reaction score
We are over the cap as it stands. There will have to be some cuts, trades, and contract restructuring.
Adams dead weight should have been cut as soon as the season ended. Probably Diggs as well

hoxrox

Reaction score
When its been OFFICIALLY announced.. Shefter and Condotta and them dont count. lol Once we see an announcement from the team/organization itself we can remove the rumor tag or at least clarify. But definitely will be giving credit to the OP for sure when its announced.
Yeah I give the OP credit for essentially breaking the news like 4 hours before Schefter did.

WarHawks

Reaction score
If this is a done deal, then why haven't the HAwks made it official? That's what makes me suspicious and concerned. Are they waiting until after the sb to announce? If so, why, unless they're still considering someone in the owl? There is a complete lack of logic in all this speculation.

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score
Can we give this original poster some credit. He got lambasted for only having two posts lol. Maybe he was in bar lol