My Food Beverage & Jersey, for a preseason game in Denver!

A

Anonymous

A very happy game-day Thursday to all 12's everywhere, and welcome to the 2014/2015 NFL almost-season!

I woke up this morning with an attitude problem, my phone ringing, and a full bladder. I took care of two of them in short order, but the attitude just won't go away no matter how much coffee and Krispy Kremes I throw at it. It might have a lot to do with the fact I had a troublesome rear molar removed on Monday and my jaw still hurts from the pain shots. I never realized just how debilitating tooth pain can be. Damn, glad that deal is over.

This is the first of what will be 23 FB&J posts this year, and for those that are new to the site, welcome. Every game-day morning, I'll break down my magic, victory-clinching combos, and will give everyone a chance to share what they are eating, drinking, and wearing to root-on our beloved Hawks. Whether you are heading to the game, preparing to enjoy it at your favorite watering hole, or plopping down right in your own front room, we wanna hear about what you have going on, and what's going down the hatch. Remember, let's keep it as legal as the folks in the "lesser"-48 can go, k?

Don't be shy, let 'er rip, and remember, it is only weird if it doesn't work!

Here we go. This weeks combo is simple yet effective; Enjoy!

Food:
- Poached Atlantic salmon with citrus slices and a rosemary and dill treatment, with a nice moat of white wine and fresh real butter. Fresh garden salad with Italian dressing, and a nice blob of mustard potato salad. We are trying out a new Tuscan bread, and we'll see how that goes.

Beverage:
- A mixture of beers from the shop-fridge; MGD's, Stella, Heine, Fat Tire, 55's, a Lone Star or two, and I see a few Shiners waaaayyyyy in the back. I'll crack open the wine as the regular season gets going, but for now, beer.

Jersey:
- The same cheap, replica, too-big-for-me, Shaun Alexander away jersey I wore for the RoadHawks Texans game. That jersey, in all of it's lameness and inexpensiveness, is the cellar-dweller of my collection, but even the ugly ones need love too. Right? The good stuff doesn't come out until the games mean something more than evaluating players.

The first quarter should be exciting, for at least the first few series anyway, then it's "get out the notepad" time to keep track of who might be making this team. I know Kearly and Scotte will be glued to the screen doing the exact same thing, so I'm gonna try to keep up. I won't, but it's worth a try.

Have a safe and happy day wherever you are, and Go Hawks!!!

:mrgreen:

Largent80

Reaction score
Superbowl champions t-shirt
Everything the bartender can make
Dave and Busters BBQ Buffet

And Mama Sherman in the house for her birthday.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Ah yea! Football time again! Love these threads, Houston.

I'm starting slow this year. And I have to watch the game down at the local dive bar today. So:

Food:

- Whatever's decent at the bar; hopefully some spicy chicken wings. I am starting the day out with a light brunch of avocado chunks and smoked salmon, for what it's worth.

Beverage:

- Probably a few Widmer's Heffeweisen with as much lemon as I can squeeze into the glass. Nice for another hot summer day in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Jersey:

- Going Holmgren era to start things off. #51 home Tatupu.

Let's do this! GO SEAHAWKS!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":ztfhq76d said:
- Probably a few Widmer's Heffeweisen
*Hefeweizen. :D

As for me, I'll probably wear a #29 Earl tee, and I'm thinking the world's best burrito from Nick's Grill.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Wearing a white NFC Championship Tee....had to go with white being it's an away game, otherwise Roland's superstitions might kick in :lol:

As for food, going to go with garlic chicken and pasta.

Drink I have no clue. I'll figure it out when I get in the kitchen. I rarely plan my drink, it just is whatever I end up wanting at game time.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":382r1wsc said:
Seahawk Sailor":382r1wsc said:
- Probably a few Widmer's Heffeweisen
*Hefeweizen. :D

As for me, I'll probably wear a #29 Earl tee, and I'm thinking the world's best burrito from Nick's Grill.

Yea. :oops:

There are, I believe two variants of that spelling: hefeweizen and hefe weissbier. I chose the third. I swear I haven't had any yet.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kidhawk":3d1cp5rs said:
otherwise Roland's superstitions might kick in :lol:

Heirs_Older_sister_slap.gif.gif

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2an94tre said:
Seahawk Sailor":2an94tre said:
Making sure his life remains devoid of all superstitions IS Roland's superstition.
Negative. I believe in Ka. ;)

Ka [ka] Show IPA
noun
a belief or notion, not based on reason or knowledge, in or of the ominous significance of a particular thing, circumstance, occurrence, proceeding, or the like.
a system or collection of such beliefs.
a custom or act based on such a belief.
irrational fear of what is unknown or mysterious, especially in connection with religion.
any blindly accepted belief or notion.
superstition.
kaka.

Edit: Aaaaaaand we're ruining Houston's fine FB&J thread here. Sorry, Houston.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Jersey: Wolf gray 12.

Drink: Full Sail session black with a potential Lagunitas Russian Imperial stout as dessert.

Food: Whatever is offered.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2i80enw7 said:
Edit: Aaaaaaand we're ruining Houston's fine FB&J thread here. Sorry, Houston.
Ka as defined in a certain book series as you well know, you flaming ********. :)

dunceface

Reaction score
Lynch limited drenched jersey
Aspxi2fproductImages2f 14530002fff 1453251 xl

Red Hook ESB

Homemade veggie soup

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!

irocdave

Reaction score
Didn't put much effort in to the grub for tonight. I smoked a couple of pork shoulders (Boston Butts) about a month ago and stashed a couple of 1 pound bags just for the preseason. I just finished making pulled pork burritos.
The goal for these was to use up all the leftovers in the fridge. I like using the George foreman grill, you don't have to heat the leftover ingredients first, just rap them in a tortilla and put it on the grill. Pull them off when the tortilla is crispy. Everything inside will be hot, no oil or grease involved.

Used about 1 pound of pulled pork all of this.

Made 6 with pulled pork, black beans, left over rice, jack cheese, Safeway south west salsa, sour crème and guacamole .

Made 4 more with pulled pork, refried beans, left over rice, cheddar cheese, salsa and sour crème.

If you want to get rid of just about any leftover put it on a tortilla and cook it on the GF.

Hakws SB T-shirt and currently working on my 3rd Fosters oil can. Stupid lightning delay.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Food: Papa Murphy's and some Cheese Cake from QFC
No jersey this time: Went with the SuperbOwl Champ t-shirt
Drink: Since I had to work in the morning, just went with one beer early in the night, Long Board.

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

irocdave":3dtkathm said:
Didn't put much effort in to the grub for tonight. I smoked a couple of pork shoulders (Boston Butts) about a month ago and stashed a couple of 1 pound bags just for the preseason. I just finished making pulled pork burritos.
The goal for these was to use up all the leftovers in the fridge. I like using the George foreman grill, you don't have to heat the leftover ingredients first, just rap them in a tortilla and put it on the grill. Pull them off when the tortilla is crispy. Everything inside will be hot, no oil or grease involved.

Used about 1 pound of pulled pork all of this.

Made 6 with pulled pork, black beans, left over rice, jack cheese, Safeway south west salsa, sour crème and guacamole .

Made 4 more with pulled pork, refried beans, left over rice, cheddar cheese, salsa and sour crème.

If you want to get rid of just about any leftover put it on a tortilla and cook it on the GF.

Hakws SB T-shirt and currently working on my 3rd Fosters oil can. Stupid lightning delay.

You have your pork in a barbeque/chipotle sauce at all, or stored dry?