McCaffrey traded to 49ers

Surlybird

Reaction score
Well, like the Rams last year, the Niners are going all in...and in a very weak NFC, it could play out to be a smart gamble if McC stays healthy. However, I still believe the Hawks are doing this rebuild the right way and when the Rams and Niners are cap-strapped and have no draft picks until day 3... in a few seasons, the Hawks should be ready to reign once again.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The Miners have picks to spare due to Saleh and McDaniel being minority head coaches. Ryans Will probably net them yet another third.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
At 3-3 and tied for first I’d say our sh!t is together for the most part. Sure we have a young rookie laden squad with a brand new scheme defensively but If Dickson punts the ball in New Orleans instead of having a brain fart the Hawks would be 4-2. It’s early on in a very long season guy. There’s ebbs and flows to every season for every team. We have a young group of starters in fact the league’s youngest so let’s slow the roll on playoff seeding until we played all the games.

I don't think Dickson could have punted it. A Saints player came through completely unblocked. What Dickson might have actually been able to do is hold on to the ball and take the safety. In that situation, the Seahawks would have had a better chance to win the game with a field goal, but it would not have been completely assured.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I don't think Dickson could have punted it. A Saints player came through completely unblocked. What Dickson might have actually been able to do is hold on to the ball and take the safety. In that situation, the Seahawks would have had a better chance to win the game with a field goal, but it would not have been completely assured.
Dickson had what seemed like hours to kick it and he ran to the right lol Not sure what he was thinking. Before the penalty it would’ve been cool to try the fake but at that juncture we needed field position

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Yeah, no…. They’re not winning anything with Jimmy at quarterback. Period
Well, they made it to the NFC championship game last year and lost by three points. They probably figure McCaffrey will give their offense enough boost to win it this year. Jimmy G has a 70% career winning percentage in regular season and 75% in playoffs. With their defense, he doesn’t have to do anything spectacular to win games. If McCaffrey can help get their scoring up to 20-24 ooints in the playoffs, they will be tough to beat.

Fade

Reaction score
The potential Ryans comp pick will not be awarded for the upcoming draft. He first has to be hired away, and then the following draft a comp pick is awarded.

He might be promoted to HC soon if Kyle doesn't start winning.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Well, like the Rams last year, the Niners are going all in...and in a very weak NFC, it could play out to be a smart gamble if McC stays healthy. However, I still believe the Hawks are doing this rebuild the right way and when the Rams and Niners are cap-strapped and have no draft picks until day 3... in a few seasons, the Hawks should be ready to reign once again.
That’s exactly how I see it. The Bears have $115 million cap space in 2023, so I’m just suffering through 2022, knowing the team will be stronger in 2023. Same story for Seahawks.

My dream is that by 2024 the Seahawks and Bears will be fighting it out to rule the NFC. I can’t lose!!

Stanley

Reaction score
The potential Ryans comp pick will not be awarded for the upcoming draft. He first has to be hired away, and then the following draft a comp pick is awarded.

You're so scared lol.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Reminder: The Rams are the current Superbowl champions so, "...but draft picks" seems pretty silly as a comeback.
...cause the Browns are really tearing up the league with all if their 1st round picks over the last decade.
You're right, but you also have to consider that the Rams are an anomaly, not the standard. It doesn't work out most of the time, and you're really jeopardizing a lot by doing it. Everything has to go right all the way to the Superbowl and even THEN it's not guaranteed you'll win. Could you imagine how screwed the Rams would've been if they lost? Once again, the Rams winning the Superbowl is an anomaly, not the standard. Teams like the 49ers are going to figure it out soon enough.

Also, the Browns are the Browns.

Marvin49

Reaction score
The Miners have picks to spare due to Saleh and McDaniel being minority head coaches. Ryans Will probably net them yet another third.

In all...Saleh, Mayhew, McDaniel, and possibly Ryans would net the 49ers 7 third round picks over a 4 year period.

Marvin49

Reaction score

That's incorrect.

Comp picks for coaches are immediate. Player Comp picks are a year delayed.

Saleh and Mayhew went in the same year. Formula makes that 3 3rd rounders. I believe they are 1 each draft for three years, but can't remember for sure.

McDaniel nets 2 3rd rounders, 1 each for 2 years.

Ryans would do the same. 1 3rd for two years.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
You're right, but you also have to consider that the Rams are an anomaly, not the standard. It doesn't work out most of the time, and you're really jeopardizing a lot by doing it. Everything has to go right all the way to the Superbowl and even THEN it's not guaranteed you'll win. Could you imagine how screwed the Rams would've been if they lost? Once again, the Rams winning the Superbowl is an anomaly, not the standard. Teams like the 49ers are going to figure it out soon enough.

Also, the Browns are the Browns.
Rams are not an anomaly. They did it before to get Jerome Bettis and win a Super Bowl. Then Marshall Faulk to win another Super Bowl.

But there are examples on the other side. The most spectacular failure was the Vikings trading a ton of draft picks for H. Walker in 1989.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Rams are not an anomaly. They did it before to get Jerome Bettis and win a Super Bowl. Then Marshall Faulk to win another Super Bowl.

But there are examples on the other side. The most spectacular failure was the Vikings trading a ton of draft picks for H. Walker in 1989.
Don't forget the RW3 trade! I'm speaking in today's modern NFL (the past 15 years), things aren't like they used to be in the past. What other team besides the Rams have went all in with little draft capital to show for it and have come through Superbowl Champs because of it?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
More importantly what does this mean for the likes of me who are top of their fantasy leagues and have McCaffrey to partly thank for that?

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Don't forget the RW3 trade! I'm speaking in today's modern NFL (the past 15 years), things aren't like they used to be in the past. What other team besides the Rams have went all in with little draft capital to show for it and have come through Superbowl Champs because of it?

We were just talking about running back trades.

But there are examples of trading for a QB that worked very well (Steve Young, John Elway, Brett Favre).

And if you want to go to other positions, I think trading for Randy Moss was a great move for the Patriots that assisted them winning a Super Bowl.

When it works, it’s great. And when it fails, it is a disaster, but you shouldn’t say it is universally a bad decision. It is situationally relative to the team’s proximity to a Super Bowl and a few other factors. In the modern NFL, you need to take your Super Bowl all-in move when your (supposedly) franchise QB is still on his rookie contract. The 49ers are doing that with Trey Lance, and Poles is doing it on an absolutely unprecedented scale with Justin Fields.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
More importantly what does this mean for the likes of me who are top of their fantasy leagues and have McCaffrey to partly thank for that?
It means you should have traded him in your fantasy league when the trade rumors in the real world heated up. Hindsight is 20-20. LOL

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score

But there are examples of trading for a QB that worked very well (Steve Young, John Elway, Brett Favre).

And if you want to go to other positions, I think trading for Randy Moss was a great move for the Patriots that assisted them winning a Super Bowl.

When it works, it’s great. And when it fails, it is a disaster, but you shouldn’t say it is universally a bad decision. It is situationally relative to the team’s proximity to a Super Bowl and a few other factors. In the modern NFL, you need to take your Super Bowl all-in move when your (supposedly) franchise QB is still on his rookie contract. The 49ers are doing that with Trey Lance, and Poles is doing it on an absolutely unprecedented scale with Justin Fields.
Fair enough, I was thinking we were talking more of a broader scope than just RB since Rams were brought up.

Randy Moss was also traded for a 4th round pick if I remember correctly, not exactly the Rams formula.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score

Trey Lance hasn’t been relevant since the 49ers screwed up and drafted him. He just ain’t “that guy”

Latest posts