Marshawn Lynch interested in buying a piece of the Seahawks

Rat

Reaction score
Zero chance he has anywhere near enough money to actually influence anything. This would be like how Aaron Rodgers owns a piece of the Milwaukee Bucks.

toffee

Reaction score
Does Jody want a partner?
Does Jody need a partner?
Does Jody Enjoy having meetings?

Hawks ought to have a market value north of 3 billions, 1% of which is 30 millions, 5% is 150 millions. That means Marshawn needs a group to come up with the money. wow,

Does Jody want to deal with a group of strangers although they would be headed by Marshawn?

Now pretend you were Jody ...

jeremiah

Reaction score
1,000,000 fans, $3,000 per fan... group finance the franchise. Allow a minority ownership with a few million like Kam and Beast Mode, BWags etc. We could be like the Packers only in the PNW..... Sell stocks on the team. List it on the stock exchange....

toffee

Reaction score
jeremiah":238d98oq said:
1,000,000 fans, $3,000 per fan... group finance the franchise. Allow a minority ownership with a few million like Kam and Beast Mode, BWags etc. We could be like the Packers only in the PNW..... Sell stocks on the team. List it on the stock exchange....

Population of Washington 7.615 million
Population of Oregon 4.218 million
Population of Idaho 1.787 million

Total : 13.620 million, of which at least 20%+ are not adults. Let's assume 40% of adult population of these three states are Hawks fans.

So you think one out of 6.5 fans will come up with $3,000?

getnasty

Reaction score
toffee":mefu3lo2 said:
jeremiah":mefu3lo2 said:

Total : 13.620 million, of which at least 20%+ are not adults. Let's assume 40% of adult population of these three states are Hawks fans.

No chance

Fernie Hawks Fan

Reaction score
toffee":ox3r9fu0 said:
jeremiah":ox3r9fu0 said:

Please....don't forget your neighbours to the north...B.C.- Population 5,200,000+.

I'd LOVE me a piece of that pie.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Fernie Hawks Fan":6luaredt said:
toffee":6luaredt said:
jeremiah":6luaredt said:

Please....don't forget your neighbours to the north...B.C.- Population 5,200,000+.

Alaska fans too, I would do it and that would be 10 days of working on weekends.

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
Even us Alberta season ticket holders. I would jump at that opportunity to buy a sliver of the Seahawks if it was available if it meant the team stayed in PNW.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Fernie Hawks Fan":3836hrgz said:
toffee":3836hrgz said:
jeremiah":3836hrgz said:

BC is like the size of Cali, Nevada, Oregon, WA, ID AZ combined. And only has 5 mill people? And maybe 200k of them care about the Seahawks.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
jeremiah":264xbehc said:

Except the Packers "shareholders" don't actually own a piece of the team or make any profit on their "shares." They buy a useless piece of paper for a few hundred dollars. It's a scam.

Redsand187

Reaction score
cdn hawk fan":2vn95vj9 said:
Even us Alberta season ticket holders. I would jump at that opportunity to buy a sliver of the Seahawks if it was available if it meant the team stayed in PNW.
I don't think there is any real chance that the team leaves Seattle. Paul bought the team for almost no other reason than to keep them there.

Jody has no reason to sell off the team. That is a big part of what Vulcan does, sports ownership. There are few people/organizations better suited to own an NFL team than Vulcan/Jody Allen.

She's only selling off Paul's toys that she and her family wouldn't use and can't justify the tens of millions or more required annually just to keep them.

An NFL franchise is a huge investment that only grows more and more valuable. Besides owning sports teams, Vulcan does a lot of investing. And a lot of that investing is about building the community.

Paul was the original tech nerd that Bezos and Musk and all the other wannabes are trying to be like. They want to make lasting impacts on society. Jody breaking up and selling off Paul's accomplishments so they no longer continue into the future is never going to happen.

jeremiah

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":2xblc2iw said:
jeremiah":2xblc2iw said:

Except the Packers "shareholders" don't actually own a piece of the team or make any profit on their "shares." They buy a useless piece of paper for a few hundred dollars. It's a scam.

I bet that they can sell that "worthless piece of paper" for a few hundred dollars or more easily. To say nothing about the hundred dollars being worth only what you can get for them being a scam. It is paper backed by nothing.