Lynch or Russell W - who is more valuable to the Seahawks?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Fiscally the answer is Wilson but that's also a correlation to the position he plays. Take way the position importance and the finances, who is really more valuable? The Seahawk offense suffers without Lynch. He was the offense for many games. He's also the most dangerous threat to opposing defenses. The Seahawks have started slowly when they come out passing vs. running to start games. If Lynch doesn't set the tone early, it offense sputters mightily. So is it Lynch that makes Wilson better or does Wilson make Lynch better? I think it's suffice to say that both players feed off each other and both are valuable in their own respects. What are your thoughts?

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
I refuse to answer because neither is less valuable to the offense.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
It depends which play we're running.

I don't think there is a correct answer to a blanket question like this. They are both vital parts of the Offense and are both more important at different times.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
RW. Lynch is in the twilight of his career and RW has 10 to 12 years left. While Lynch is a one of a kind back he is far more replaceable to an acceptable level than RW. I want them both but if I had to choose to keep one RW would be the one.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
This is like asking what's more important in a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup the chocolate or the peanut butter? Though if I had to choose it would be Russell Wilson without a doubt. Marshawn Lynch has maybe 2-3 years left and is a running back in a league that is built around the quarterback. Russell Wilson is a quarterback that is 25-26 years old that could realistically play at an elite level for another 10-12 years because of the rules the game has mandated.

Hass2Carlson

Reaction score
With Lynch's signing, we don't have to worry who's better...we have both. I believe Wilson but only because he's the QB.

staga206

Reaction score
Beast is more valuable at this point. Russell Wilson will get his money no matter what.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
They're both tantamount to our success on offense. Their relationship on the field is symbiont.

Never stay tricked!

Hyak

Reaction score
QB is more valuable. No way the Seahawks are 42-14 the last 3 years without very good to great QB play. Queue the 2010/2011 game film.

And this is coming from someone who loves Lynch and thinks he's a HOF RB.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":b9gfhrr8 said:
Exactly. That's like asking which big toe you'd prefer to lose if forced to pick.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Long term it's Wilson, however one player doesn't make a team.

The team could still win w/o Lynch but I'm not so sure they'd win much w/o RW.

Ozzy

Reaction score
It's Wilson and it's not even close. QB in the modern game is much more valuable than RB. If you don't have an elite QB you can't compete for SB's. I love lynch but the answer is Wilson.

kearly

Reaction score
austinslater25":93ecil5n said:
It's Wilson and it's not even close. QB in the modern game is much more valuable than RB. If you don't have an elite QB you can't compete for SB's. I love lynch but the answer is Wilson.

Count me down for this as well.

cacksman

Reaction score
I'm really confused that people are saying they are equal, or "it depends", or something along those lines. Reminds me of the casual NFL fans that say Wilson is who he is because of Lynch, never mind that the closer truth is that it's the other way around.

The answer is Wilson, and it's not even close.

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1cnxrelq said:
dumbrabbit":1cnxrelq said:
Exactly. That's like asking which big toe you'd prefer to lose if forced to pick.

This is easy, it's the left.

I think everyone agrees they are both near/at the top of the league in their positions. Sometimes I don't think Russell would get going if it was not for Lynch kick starting the offence with monster runs out of nothing plays something only he could do. Also no one finishes a game like Wilson so it's impossible to choose who is more valuable as they are equally so.

However If I have to choose a toe, it would be Beast.

chris98251

Reaction score
I would say equal based on they need each other to make them both effective consistently. Now a player that resembles each's abilities could fill that roll as well but go ahead and try to find that player, we have a combination that just doesn't happen easily, I would wonder if Murray could fill the roll of Lynch and if Mariota could fill the roll of Wilson at some level as they seem to be pretty close in style. But that's another what if type statement, the chemistry is something we are not as aware of as well.

Our situation is a lot like the Thiesman Riggens tandum of Washington, not like the Cowboys with the big three. Washington had the Smurfs and we have the Pedestrians.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
Bucs are taking a QB first overall and that happens most years teams want to find the franchise QB which is much much harder to fill as a need than RB bad thread and question IMO.