Let's Try This Again. Why Can't The Seahawks Make a Playoff Run?

Rainger

Reaction score
We could win it all this year. It remains possible until it isn't.
I agree this team can get better. It remains possible that the team can make the playoffs then anything is possible. Think beating the Chiefs or the Bills in the SB would be a very tall task, can be done BUT they look like complete teams.

acer1240

Reaction score
I agree this team can get better. It remains possible that the team can make the playoffs then anything is possible. Think beating the Chiefs or the Bills in the SB would be a very tall task, can be done BUT they look like complete teams.
Next year this team is going to be scary good. I'm treating this as one long preseason that has been incredible to watch. This is so much fun! The score may not show it but we kicked the snot out of a 6-1 team. It wasn't even close. Seattle dominated.

Mick063

Reaction score
"Why not us?"

Wilson wasn't wrong on that one. It isn't phony to feel such conviction. A lot of other stuff can feel superficial, but conviction is not so easily faked. You either have it or you don't.

There is an aura of belief emanating from this team. I can feel it flowing through me from the TV Monitor. You can see it in the players. The youngsters brought it with them and started sharing it.

acer1240

Reaction score
The clicks. It's just like High School.

The doom and gloomers, the cloud niners.

OP's determination to give everyone credit for the current success EXCEPT for the guy that has come in and turned this franchise into a legit contender for the past 12 years. The dude has done more than any coach in history, and it's still not enough. It's amazing to watch.

Instead of enjoying the success, adding expectations that weren't even in consideration 3 weeks ago.

This reply will get flagged as attacking the poster, it's not. I didn't originally get into specifics because of that, but you asked.
Mad props to you. A well written response.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
It's all about matchups and everything is still possible for this team.
I'm not convinced that matchups are going to matter. Pete's approach is to get our players to be the best possible versions of themselves, and to do things the way they know best to do them. When it gets to that point, it doesn't matter who the other team is or what the other team does. That was what made the 2012-2015 teams so special

SeaWolv

Reaction score
I'm not convinced that matchups are going to matter. Pete's approach is to get our players to be the best possible versions of themselves, and to do things the way they know best to do them. When it gets to that point, it doesn't matter who the other team is or what the other team does. That was what made the 2012-2015 teams so special
What I mean by matchups is some teams have strengths in areas the Hawks are weak and vice-versa. All it takes in those close games is for a call or two to go the wrong way, KW3 to miss a hole or a receiver to drop a ball on their hands and a promising drive goes from what looked like a TD to a FG.

Case in point the Falcons game. The Hawks won the TO margin had similar numbers for yardage and did some good things in that game. If one of those FG drives ends in a TD instead they probably win that game. In the playoffs the margin for error gets small and matchups become critical.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Do you think if the Seahawks were to play the Falcons next week, that the game would be played the same way it was played previously? I get what you're saying about the margins for error getting really small in the playoffs, but I'm not worried about matchups. When this team plays at max potential, matchups won't matter IMO.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Do you think if the Seahawks were to play the Falcons next week, that the game would be played the same way it was played previously? I get what you're saying about the margins for error getting really small in the playoffs, but I'm not worried about matchups. When this team plays at max potential, matchups won't matter IMO.

"What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge bullets?"
"No, Neo. I'm trying to tell you that when you're ready, you won't have to."

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
This team is going to win the NFC West
This.

Everything else is gravy and injury avoidance IMO. We have all the pieces to win it all (not saying that we will). Determination and a sprinkling (liberal) of luck will finish it.

Let's just hope for an injury free Arizona tilt.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Well - we've had a not brutal schedule this year.

Teams I'm still scared of: Eagles. Cowboys. Vikings. Pretty much in that order ;)

I do think
Eagles, Cowboys, Vikings and 49ers are still legit threats in the NFC. It's not going to be a cakewalk from here on out.
All of them scare me. Except the 49ers. Well, okay the 49ers too.

toffee

Reaction score
Experts predicted that we were a 3 win team, or at best a 5 win, coming into the season, 12s, we are playing with house money from now on. How far can we go? I am aiming at Lombardy Trophy until some team took that away from us, every win is a bonus and a well deserved celebration, mini firework every night. Our team is on a winning streak, our QB is getting MVP love, our rookie class are in the hunt for BOTH defense and offense rookie of the year awards.

Go Hawks.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Waldron deserves a ton of credit. For whatever reason that is beyond us figuring out is he seems much more comfortable this year calling plays and carrying out an identity and game plan. Some of the motion stuff we haven't seen before and it looks like a McVay offense.

I think this team can play with anyone right now.
Let's be honest, the "McVay Offense" doesn't even look like a "McVay Offense" LOL
The reason Waldron's play-calls "seems" to be working this season as opposed to last, is because he now has a Quarterback in Geno Smith that can actually IMPLEMENT those plays + Smith is skookum enough to recognize when he has to opt out of a play because of a Defensive shift.
A "Ton of Credit" is equally owed to both Waldron and to Geno Smith.