Lets talk Atlanta...

hawks85

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3e3rwwal said:
fuego":3e3rwwal said:
NFSeahawks628":3e3rwwal said:
chris98251":3e3rwwal said:
Screw Atlanta tonight, Enjoy the win over the Lions, I had doubts and am so glad I was wrong, so impressed with Rawls and how the line opened holes, Cable defiantly making his argument for being hired with tonight's performance.

Seattle played well tonight, and if they play Atlanta like this they will win.

If Seattle plays Atlanta like you did Detroit, the Falcons will put up 35 on you in the first half like they did the Saints. You had one FG and a phantom TD that even the refs admitted it should have been off-setting penalties. You'll be playing a game of catch-up you can't win.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lions ... -td-catch/

If Seattle plays the entire game like we did tonight, you won't win.

Defense travels, and you don't have a defense.

Wait didn't Seattle also give up two blown coverages against Atlanta?
We're going down there fired up you can take that to the house. You guys knocked us out a few years ago and now its time to do the same to you. After out performance tonight and we run the ball like that on you guys your done. You do realize all we need to do is just get our run game going bad o-line or not and we are hard to beat.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Check out what this falcons prick is saying on their board. He's showing his true colours over there.

Don't engage the douchebag would be my advice.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
fuego":35suswri said:
NFSeahawks628":35suswri said:
chris98251":35suswri said:
Screw Atlanta tonight, Enjoy the win over the Lions, I had doubts and am so glad I was wrong, so impressed with Rawls and how the line opened holes, Cable defiantly making his argument for being hired with tonight's performance.

If Seattle plays Atlanta like you did Detroit, the Falcons will put up 35 on you in the first half like they did the Saints. You had one FG and a phantom TD that even the refs admitted it should have been off-setting penalties. You'll be playing a game of catch-up you can't win.

Who cares. Paul Richardson had to make that amazing catch BECAUSE of the pass interference. Don't interfere and don't get face masked

Largent80

Reaction score
The Hawks need to stay close to them to win the game and protecting the ball is a biggie.

seabowl

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":2zj2ugii said:
My HFA argument is referencing Seattle's history.

Atlanta's history as #2 is actually quite good. A Super Bowl in 1998 and NFCCG in 2004.

None of it matters now tho.

@Chris Thanks man. Nice replies. It's cool to see something other than "How many SB do you have?" as a reply.

I'm here for football discussions... not history that means jack %*^+ when it comes to Saturday's game.

Why not go to the Falcs board to post? Oh.... wait..... I forgot....... you would need a fan base for that..... so sorry. Maybe next year, just like the mantra of the Atlanta Falcons.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Fuego is a turd. Has been since he acted like a butt hurt child after the first Falcon's game. Not sure why the mods let him linger.

mikehawks

Reaction score
Falcan Moore":1n5dmfds said:
seahawkfreak":1n5dmfds said:
Falcan Moore":1n5dmfds said:
chris98251":1n5dmfds said:
So what Season do the Falcons milk, we have 2005, 2013, 2015, that we appeared or won a Super Bowl?

It was 2013 and 2014. I understand that it's hard to keep track, what with being a bandwagoner and all, but please keep up.

Yeahhh. Went to the SB in 2005 as well genius

I was talking about you saying 2015 there. I'm well aware of that 2005 SuperBowl that, honestly, you should have won. And I was rooting for the Seahawks to take it there, because screw the Steelers, frankly.

Everyone is so easily offended here. Eesh. Was expecting something more along the lines of a few years ago, but I guess people are caught up in...I dunno. Are people just afraid? Hardly any actual football talk.

Falcons are allowing 17.83 points on defense over the last 6 games, ie since the bye week, against the #2, #6, #13, #15, #27, and #32 scoring offenses. That rounds out to about the #15 to #16 offense, so a just barely above average range of offenses, and good for showing their marked improvement.

Seahawks are allowing 19.83 points on defense over the last 6 games, against the #4, #6, #15, #18, #27, and #32 scoring offenses. That rounds out to about the #17 offense, so just barely below average range of offenses.

Hmm. Curious, that. Especially since every single game you played was against a common opponent of ours...and the Falcons went 6-0 in those games, considering where they were played, and the Seahawks went 3-3.

Even more interesting is that the Falcons averaged 36.67 points over their last 6 games, with their lowest two output totals being 28 and 33, against the Chiefs and Panthers defenses.

Meanwhile, the Seahawks averaged 22.5 points over their last 6 games, with their lowest two output totals being 5 and 10, against the Packers and Buccaneers defenses.

Odd that we would be confident outscoring our opponents 36.67 to 17.83 the last 6 games, while you outscored yours 22.5 to 19.83. Utterly baffling.

Falcon More, I think you have valid points and have common sense, but what I think what everyone is missing is that......It doesn't matter who wins the football game! If the Seahawks win, or the Falcons, your lives will not be changed in any shape or form, not unless your gambling your house on the game. The discussion reminds me of children saying, my dad can beat your dad up, or Batman can totally beat up Aquaman. Don't you know Batman has a supercool Batmobile?!?! I see the need for entertainment and escape from reality, because gosh darn it, life is such a drag sometimes. Grown men arguing about football teams sounds down right unintelligent.

I think the NFL is overvalued sort of like the Tulip Mania that happened in Holland around 1630. Can you imagine the discussions that must of gone back than? My tulips are better than your tulips. No, your tuips suck, because you use cow dung! Nah man, your tulips are inferior cause you use bat droppings. It's just a football game and really the only one who is benefiting is the NFL and the corporations that advertise on the games. Have you noticed the advertisements? What happened to the P.W.R. room? Sorry!

With this all said, Go Hawks! Do it for Chuck Knox, Matt Hasselbeck, and Steve Largent! :0190l: :0190l: posting.php?mode=quote&f=2&p=2002867#

Jerhawk

Reaction score
So, yeah, about that game on Saturday...

Let's just throw each team's history out the window and talk about Saturday. The past is in the past, it really has no effect on this game.

Seattle's stats on the road vs. home is staggering. Hopefully, the team can utilize Graham effectively. Tight ends appear to be a match up issue for Atlanta. Everything offensively for Seattle will feed off of the read option though. We need Rawls to have a game like he just had. Prosise should also add another element to our offense with his receiving talents out the backfield.

Defensively, Sherman should shadow Jones all game like last time. That third quarter meltdown last game was mainly due to miscommunication between Sherman and McCray on how to switch receivers up the sidelines. We can't allow errors like that to happen again.

Largent80

Reaction score
If Russ starts taking off running, then they will need to spy him.

He couldn't do that in the first meeting and frustratingly for me personally, didn't do it vs. Detroit.

Being able to do that helps the other run and pass plays have a better chance to work.

So, that is an aspect of our offense we didn't October.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
fuego":3nehd6b5 said:
iigakusei":3nehd6b5 said:
Atlanta is the greatest football team of all time...they will win 55 to 10.

That's a little ridiculous. More like 42-20. ;)

To be serious for a moment. You must know that in 5 years with RW Seattle has lost just once by more than 10 points in a game. Infact, just 3 games (in 5 years) Seattle has lost has been by more than a touchdown.. So in all likelihood this game will be incredibly tight.
ATL may very well win but it will be more likely them pulling away in the 4th quarter than anything else.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":2h8oxvyo said:
seahawkfreak":2h8oxvyo said:
FalconsFanNW":2h8oxvyo said:
sdog1981":2h8oxvyo said:
Matt Ryan finds ways to lose in the playoffs.

Here we go again.

2008 rookie season 30-24 loss on road.
2010 48-21 loss to GB who never punted.
2011 24-2 loss to NYG 0 picks. Same D that beat Pats.
2012 28-24 loss to SF. D blew 17-0 lead. 400 yards pass with 3 TD and 1 pick.

But yeah.... he finds a way to lose. Mike Smith was an idiot for letting him play defense those games.
Hmmmmm, only thing I see is,,,, you lost. You can asterisk all you want. You lost. Your team has one of the worst histories in the NFL. They overall suck. Suck!

I never said we didn't lose. My point was Ryan doesn't play defense.

Rest assured though he will hand it off to Freeman on the 1 in the Super Bowl... and don't talk to me about history. Outside of this 5 year run Seattle has done exactly what Atlanta has done. A Super Bowl loss and a whole lot of nothing else.

Keep milking 2013 though. Jets fans still milk 1969 I think.
Exactly what I would expect to read from a fan whose team has never won shit. Don't forget, this is the number one rushing d. Get cocky all you want, your team has something to prove, ours don't. Piss off bitches.

Kaiser

Reaction score
An ancestor of mine helped Sherman burn Atlanta to the ground, along with the rest of the south. Cheers to that happening again.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If I were a Falcon fan, nothing from last night would really concern me. The Lions are not the Falcons. Matt Ryan isnt going to be playing with 4 fingers. Julio Jones isn't going to drop gimme slants over the middle. Devonta Freeman could be amputated tomorrow and be a better RB than anything on the Lions roster. So while last night's win was great, to win Saturday on the road is going to be a very real challenge and as well as we played last night, we still had a painfully slow start to the game.

We can get away with that against Detroit, but if we do that Saturday we are going to be playing from behind on the road yet again. Just like 2012 and just like last year in Carolina.

It is paramount to our chances to not start slow. To put the pressure on them, because as much as Falcon fans may want to deny it.. a fast Seahawk start could have the same sort of effect on the game.

This is a game that can really go either way IMO. Just depends which road Seahawk team shows up.

AgentDib

Reaction score
No need to get bent out of shape over a couple of homer Falcon fans. They're just here to talk smack and won't hang around for the aftermath if their team loses.

I can think of a few reasons to be optimistic as a Seahawks fan.

#1) Their home field advantage is weak. They were pumping in artificial crowd noise to try to compensate and lost a draft pick for it. I was there in 2012 and it was the worst playoff atmosphere I have seen, with videos blaring over the PA system and the crowd sitting down the entire second half. The frustration at their lack of playoff success is real down there.

#2) The Falcons have been just as inconsistent as anybody else this season. They went 6-4 outside of the NFC South with losses to the Chargers and Eagles. They had just two wins this season against playoff caliber opponents, both by a single score.

#3) The defensive match ups should be competitive for the Hawks. The Falcons get a lot of mileage out of outside zone runs under Shanahan but that plays into the strength of our #1 ranked rushing defense which has speed and discipline at the second level. Sherm is one of the best options in the NFL for the tough task of covering Julio and our pass rush looks like it may be fully healthy this time.

#4) The offensive match ups look favorable for the Hawks. The Falcons rush defense is a lot weaker than the first look would indicate. Their total rushing yards allowed only looks decent because they get into shooting matches with their opponents and have given up the 5th most yards/game through the air of any team. In reality they are giving up 4.5 yards per carry and the Hawks may be getting Procise back in addition to Rawls coming off a monster outing. Nothing slows down a pass rush predicated on speed like an effective play action running game.

Of course either team could win; it's a divisional playoff game.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":5defe3sq said:
When we played them here this year we had these guys out:

Rawls
Clark
Prosise
Kam
Bennett (3rd/4th quarter IIRC)

Earl is a HUGE loss but I'd say those are some pretty important guys also.

One of the Falcon fans said Earl is the QB of the defense. While I think he is the most important physical piece of the defense, I am fairly certain Kam is the "QB". When Kam is out the defense looks less organized and focused and Earl in particular tends to look lost. I guess what I am getting at is that while the defense has to change its style of play more when Earl is out the bigger impact seems to be Kam being out.

NFSeahawks628":5defe3sq said:
fuego":5defe3sq said:
NFSeahawks628":5defe3sq said:
chris98251":5defe3sq said:

If Seattle plays the entire game like we did tonight, you won't win.

Defense travels, and you don't have a defense.

Wait didn't Seattle also give up two blown coverages against Atlanta?

And those are the things that are much less likely with Kam in. Much less likely somebody in the secondary misses their assignment.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3u6lh59u said:
seahawkfreak":3u6lh59u said:
FalconsFanNW":3u6lh59u said:
sdog1981":3u6lh59u said:
Matt Ryan finds ways to lose in the playoffs.

Here we go again.

2008 rookie season 30-24 loss on road.
2010 48-21 loss to GB who never punted.
2011 24-2 loss to NYG 0 picks. Same D that beat Pats.
2012 28-24 loss to SF. D blew 17-0 lead. 400 yards pass with 3 TD and 1 pick.

But yeah.... he finds a way to lose. Mike Smith was an idiot for letting him play defense those games.
Hmmmmm, only thing I see is,,,, you lost. You can asterisk all you want. You lost. Your team has one of the worst histories in the NFL. They overall suck. Suck!

I never said we didn't lose. My point was Ryan doesn't play defense.

Rest assured though he will hand it off to Freeman on the 1 in the Super Bowl... and don't talk to me about history. Outside of this 5 year run Seattle has done exactly what Atlanta has done. A Super Bowl loss and a whole lot of nothing else.

Keep milking 2013 though. Jets fans still milk 1969 I think.

A big difference between the Seahawks "milking" 2013 and the Jets milking 1969 is that the Seahawks are still in a run that includes 2013. While this isn't the 2013 team, that team still holds some level of relevance to what is going on today.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":20lml9ao said:
cesame":20lml9ao said:
Matt Ryan with 9 TD and 7 INT in his playoff career.

Terrifying

I still remember him throwing that terrible pick vs the Hawks last time in the playoffs. It's one thing for the LOB to make a great play, but it was just a terrible throw right into double coverage and it allowed Seattle to get back in the game.

LOL

Wilson in playoffs

16 TDs 9 INTs

One of them was on 1 yard line.

You really didn't go there did you? Pot meet kettle.
Pot to kettle?
Lol? For real?
I know they don't teach y'all much maff and such don there between huntin thems gators and fiddlin class. And yes 7 int is a slight better than 9 int but 18 td Wilson put up is two times the 9 td Matty Ice Ice Baby has in playoffs. Thems multiplification stuff gets a might tricky so you best focus on the addition.
After this year Matty may get 1 MVP but will have 0 + 0 Lombardi trophies.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1szvco6f said:
If I were a Falcon fan, nothing from last night would really concern me. The Lions are not the Falcons. Matt Ryan isnt going to be playing with 4 fingers. Julio Jones isn't going to drop gimme slants over the middle. Devonta Freeman could be amputated tomorrow and be a better RB than anything on the Lions roster. So while last night's win was great, to win Saturday on the road is going to be a very real challenge and as well as we played last night, we still had a painfully slow start to the game.

We can get away with that against Detroit, but if we do that Saturday we are going to be playing from behind on the road yet again. Just like 2012 and just like last year in Carolina.

It is paramount to our chances to not start slow. To put the pressure on them, because as much as Falcon fans may want to deny it.. a fast Seahawk start could have the same sort of effect on the game.

This is a game that can really go either way IMO. Just depends which road Seahawk team shows up.

I would think Rawls beasting last night would be quite concerning considering their rush defense is even worse than Detroit's.....and nothing neutralizes an explosive offense more than a patient ball control running game on the opposite side.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":gir4c4l2 said:
cesame":gir4c4l2 said:
Matt Ryan with 9 TD and 7 INT in his playoff career.

Terrifying

I still remember him throwing that terrible pick vs the Hawks last time in the playoffs. It's one thing for the LOB to make a great play, but it was just a terrible throw right into double coverage and it allowed Seattle to get back in the game.

LOL

Wilson in playoffs

16 TDs 9 INTs

One of them was on 1 yard line.

You really didn't go there did you? Pot meet kettle.

Russell Wilson - 5 years in the NFL, 2 NFC Championships, 2 SB appearances, 1 SB ring,
Matt Ryan - 9 Years in the NFL, 0 NFC Championships, 0 SB appearances, 0 SB rings.

Hmmm....who's the better QB in the postseason? That's what I thought.

Matt Ryan = Tony Romo in the post-season.