KJR reports rumor of trade proposal

HawksNation

Reaction score
They spent time and took selfies with all the top 10 QB's. Doesn't mean anything other than they want to make sure other teams think they might draft a QB.

Not that John and Pete haven't surprised us before, but I'd be absolutely shocked if we take Richardson at 5, or any of the QB's.

If Pete and John fancy this roster right now as ready to compete beyond being a fringe playoff team, spending the highest draft pick they've ever had on a developmental QB that won't even be ready for a year or longer?

Doesn't make a lot of sense.
But not taking a QB could backfire too, are you happy with a lazy busted Jalen Carter, and overrated or hurt Tyree Wilson?
A reach for a CB at 5???

Your taking on risk either way

The safest bet is probably accumulating draft capital and trading back. Aka playing the numbers game.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
If you fire JS, who are you gunna hire?
Doubt you would find someone comparable.
Louis Riddick
Brock Huard
Mike Mayock
Tim Terry (KC Chiefs director of scouting)
Doug Baldwin
Richard Sherman
Mike Holmgren
Matt Hasselbeck
Steve Largent
Jerhawk
Soulfish

Any of these people would do a better job than Schneider, not wasting draft capitol like it's going out of style.

warden

Reaction score
I think all this drafting a QB is a smoke screen trying to get some team to panic and feel that it is necessary to jump ahead of us by trading up with the Cardinals. If we were interested in drafting a QB, John and Pete would be tight lipped about it

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I honestly don't know what the situation was at Florida. I also think Seattle would be a great place for AR to go and develop. I'm just pointing out that it will be four or five years before Seattle sees a payoff for drafting him. The big payoff will be during AR's second contract, which may or may not be with Seattle.
then that is a terrible pick at 5.Period.

Chevy

Reaction score
If they traded for the #2 pick, then they'd probably just take Young at that spot.

That's fine. We have the draft capital and are in a position to get our next franchise QB. Trade up and get him, as we all know the QB position is the most valuable position in all of teams sports.

CactusJack

Reaction score
That's fine. We have the draft capital and are in a position to get our next franchise QB. Trade up and get him, as we all know the QB position is the most valuable position in all of teams sports.
Trading up to take Young would be great. I'm less enthused about potentially trading up for Richardson though. If they take him at 5, then I can get on board. But I don't love the idea of giving up draft capital in that scenario. The Colts will probably take either Levis or a non-QB.

Chevy

Reaction score
Trading up to take Young would be great. I'm less enthused about potentially trading up for Richardson though. If they take him at 5, then I can get on board. But I don't love the idea of giving up draft capital in that scenario. The Colts will probably take either Levis or a non-QB.
Gambling on who the Colts take before us is a huge gamble that could set our franchise back for a number of years. The Seahawks made the same gamble when we desperately need a pass rusher in the 2019 NFL draft and lost. Instead of trading up for DE Brian Burns or staying put and drafting Montez Sweat, we traded down and got LJ Collier.

We are within striking distance to move up and draft a possible franchise QB. I trust John and Pete, if they trade up, to draft their QB.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I can see taking Richardson if he is at 5 I don’t see Arizona trading down with us giving the Seahawks a chance at developing a QB who will beat them like a drum for the next 15 yrs

My honest take is Anderson/Wilson is the 1 choice it they do trade down Skoronski isn’t out of the question to have a stud OG for the next 10+ years

CDN_C_Hawk

Reaction score
If Pete and John see something they feel is special about AR, then so be it....we must trust them. I feel Hooker, is more pro ready...and could still rehab ACL for a year and learn...and use a 2nd rd pick.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
But not taking a QB could backfire too, are you happy with a lazy busted Jalen Carter, and overrated or hurt Tyree Wilson?
A reach for a CB at 5???

Your taking on risk either way

The safest bet is probably accumulating draft capital and trading back. Aka playing the numbers game.

I'm not OK with either of these players.

If I had to guess, if Will Anderson isn't available at 5? We trade down.

But none of these social media smoke screens with QB selfies and interviews with Pete and John profusely loving them some QB's means we're drafting any of them.

This is what teams do with a top 5 pick a month before the draft, create urgency and uncertainty for leverage.

godawg

Reaction score
I would rather pick a defensive player like Carter, Anderson or Wilson at #5, take Hooker in the second round, and trade up for a QB next year.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Louis Riddick
Brock Huard
Mike Mayock
Tim Terry (KC Chiefs director of scouting)
Doug Baldwin
Richard Sherman
Mike Holmgren
Matt Hasselbeck
Steve Largent
Jerhawk
Soulfish

Any of these people would do a better job than Schneider, not wasting draft capitol like it's going out of style.
Offended I wasn't considered here.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I would rather pick a defensive player like Carter, Anderson or Wilson at #5, take Hooker in the second round, and trade up for a QB next year.
My only problem with the Hooker pick a lot of people like is he's probably sitting for a couple of years while you have Geno and Hooker will be 26 as a rookie I think. He would be 28 when he gets his first start lol