JSN

scutterhawk

Reaction score
One part of it, I think, is that JSN still needs to learn to come back to the ball and not wait for it. DBs will jump in front of him when he doesn't. That'll come.
This^, I said to my wife at the time the defender anticipated & did just that, "Welcome to the Pro's kid".

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Comparatively JSN is doing awesomely well for his 3rd game as a pro. I’m truly excited that instead of the non-starter Eskridge the team now has a #3 WR with exceptional upside talent.

Like everything new it takes time to figure out how you can use that new thing best for you.

Patience my friends, he will soon make us very happy and will get those touches.

I’m excited to watch him develop as a pro.

olyfan63

Reaction score
The person most responsible for taking advantage of JSN is Shane Waldron.
He's a great OC, but he still hasn't managed to fit JSN into the system.
Looks like you haven't figured out how to use rookie yet.
Very much THIS. Hard to argue with Waldron's results this year. (excluding 2nd half of Rams game)
It's up to Waldron to put in plays where JSN is option #1 for Geno to read, and if we're in 12 or 13 personnel it means fewer snaps for JSN.

Not worried. It is interesting to note that several other WR high pick rookies are getting more opportunities and balling out for their teams. Not a dig at JSN, just an observation that scheme fit and WR depth factor in. JSN had no control over whether the two starting tackles got injured, altering the frequency of which schemes are used on O. DK and Lockett are gonna get their reps as proven veteran Pro-Bowl quality WRs, again not something JSN has any control over.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
JSN will be fine, but it just goes to show how little of importance the #3 WR truly is. They are almost always the last option on any play and all #3's throughout the league have similar numbers because of it.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I think we may find that JSN may prove to be the exception going forward. He's closer to a #2 than most.

Time will tell.

chris98251

Reaction score
The emergence of Bobo also has impacted his touches I would wager, Bobo being a pleasant surprise to the staff and having size to use near the red zone. I think balancing playing time and situational matchups are going to be in play a lot this year and everyone has to be patient and let the game come to them, RB's are getting more passes as are the TE's also. You can only strech pigskin so far.

samwize77

Reaction score
So, now JSN isn't a team player. Oh boy, another story made up on dot net. Joy
That's even worse than a Fade take.
You took it completely wrong there Soul. EVERY player should do whats asked of them and make the best of the chances given. Be a team player first. I made no insinuation that JSN isn't a team player my friend. I was speaking about players in general and used Bobo as a great example.

olyfan63

Reaction score
The emergence of Bobo also has impacted his touches I would wager, Bobo being a pleasant surprise to the staff and having size to use near the red zone. I think balancing playing time and situational matchups are going to be in play a lot this year and everyone has to be patient and let the game come to them, RB's are getting more passes as are the TE's also. You can only strech pigskin so far.
Bobo is the #1 or #2 highest graded WR in the NFL for RUN blocking. And I think it was #1. Don't recall exactly where I saw it, maybe FieldGulls. I thought, WOW, no wonder Bobo is getting snaps if he's almost like having another TE in the run game.

zhawk

Reaction score
I hope my post didn’t come off as negative. JSN is incredible. He’s getting open…

I just think Geno isn’t quite used to targeting the slot so much…and we all know why. Additionally, DK and Tyler are machines….I too would be tempted to throw to a 6’4” bodybuilder as it’s hard to overlook.

It takes time. There’s simply a lot of options on Offense. It’s a “problem” you’ve got to love to have!

This!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I think we may find that JSN may prove to be the exception going forward. He's closer to a #2 than most.

Time will tell.

I definitely think he's going to take over the #2 spot within a few years with Lockett getting a little long in the tooth.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Really, it is just too hard to gauge at the moment. Being down both starting offensive tackles forces you to go heavy on 12 & 13 personnel packages. A real testament to everyone involved that they have the 4th highest scoring offense in the league given the hand that they have been dealt on the oline.

3 WR on the field just isn't going to be particularly prevalent until the line is, relatively, back to health.

Rainger

Reaction score
It’s on Geno. He locks onto DK too much. I saw both Colby and JSN open numerous times while Geno ignored them to throw to covered DK or Tyler.

And of course with our tackles out we are playing 12 personnel a lot more. So the makes getting the 3rd WR out on the field tough.
Yes but you also need to know the play call, if JSN is say the 3rd read then of course Geno will be looking at DK or lLockett first.

Not worried. They are working him in and play calling will adjust as the season goes on and depending on the type of D we play against in coming days.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Bobo is the #1 or #2 highest graded WR in the NFL for RUN blocking. And I think it was #1. Don't recall exactly where I saw it, maybe FieldGulls. I thought, WOW, no wonder Bobo is getting snaps if he's almost like having another TE in the run game.
I love it when I see Bobo going for a block. He blocks like an OL. Generally just knocks DBs on their butt.

Also, I'm hoping the OL gets healthy and we can start to see some 4 WR sets because I think we have 4 great WR to match up to defenses.

QWERTY

Reaction score
I don't watch Bobo play at all but

If you are having Lockett, and DK and now JSN and Bobo. That is too much, and DK has to be traded out. Lockett can play his whole season and retire.

Latest posts