JSN undergoes wrist surgery.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thread unlocked since it was posted first. I guess the news could have been worse but it still sucks he needed surgery. Hopefully he will be ready Game 1.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This is why he dropped to us at 20, Pete and John knew he had some injury risk.

Not the same injury, but still.

Bad news, but if he can get back close to the start of the season, or even cautiously game 2 or 3, that'd be OK. If there's a rookie WR that already plays like a five year vet and can hit the ground running once healthy, it's JSN.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Hopefully very minor. He looks like a superstar in the making and watching his college tape made me as excited as watching KW college tape.

themunn

Reaction score
This is why he dropped to us at 20, Pete and John knew he had some injury risk.

Not the same injury, but still.

Bad news, but if he can get back close to the start of the season, or even cautiously game 2 or 3, that'd be OK. If there's a rookie WR that already plays like a five year vet and can hit the ground running once healthy, it's JSN.

It's the NFL. Every player has an injury risk. A hand surgery with potential 2 week recovery doesn't sound even remotely serious to me.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It's the NFL. Every player has an injury risk. A hand surgery with potential 2 week recovery doesn't sound even remotely serious to me.

He missed almost his entire senior year at OSU, and was widely considered the #1 receiver in the draft. His injury history was THE reason he dropped to #20. That's all I'm saying.

It's a concern, because with NFL players, past injury history is a risk, and can be a predictor of future injury issues.

sc85sis

Reaction score
He missed almost his entire senior year at OSU, and was widely considered the #1 receiver in the draft. His injury history was THE reason he dropped to #20. That's all I'm saying.

It's a concern, because with NFL players, past injury history is a risk, and can be a predictor of future injury issues.
It can be. That doesn't mean it WILL be. And there's always the converse situation (see Penny, Rashaad).

kidhawk

Reaction score
Well this news sucks. I didn't even realize he'd been injured Saturday. I am really looking forward to seeing our offense on the field fully healthy. It should be a lot of fun to watch.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Drama time. I'll be worried if I don't see him out there by week 3 or 4. It sucks, but better now than getting injured during the season.
The jumping to conclusions on here is so funny. Yet again, Pete and John are magically supposed to predict injuries. He's a bust. Should have taken x player instead, blah blah blah blah

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It can be. That doesn't mean it WILL be. And there's always the converse situation (see Penny, Rashaad).

I didn't say it will be, I said it can be.

Are we good now? All confusion cleared up?

themunn

Reaction score

He WAS the number 1 receiver in the draft, taken first even with his injury history. But it was an injured hamstring that kept him out of the season which has absolute 0 relation to this injury so what relevance does it have? Injury history has a relevance and risk when it's persistent injuries to the same area of the body but that is not the case here.

Joe Burrow missed half his rookie season with a season ending injury and has been injured during every offseason since - but do you think the Bengals would pass on him with their number 1 pick if given a do-over?

I'll be worried if/when he starts missing practices consistently with hamstring strains (the plague of the Seahawks injury report), but until then, no concerns

chrispy

Reaction score
A single injury comes with the territory. However, as pointed out above, it's pretty early to be going through so many. I recall JS, in a recent interview, talking about how practices (perhaps at times) might have crossed a line with intensity. I wonder if there have been players pushing a little too hard or taking some unnecessary hits from friendly fire. It's obviously a fine line to walk with the culture Pete wants to promote. That said, perhaps the game this week will be only backups and those fighting for a job. (Has Bobby even stepped on the game field?) The starters have proven their mettle at this point. It's concerning, but everything changes in a week. I think some of the situations we've seen in pre-season would not result in regular season missed time. There also won't be "fringe" players fighting for their career on every practice snap. There is reason to hope the changes from pre to regular season results in a trend upset. Wait and see... as if there's another option.

chris98251

Reaction score
Probably will need a protector on it for a while even when he returns that I hope doesn't bother him, funny how a extra pad or something on a wrist can affect how you catch but it does, flexibility etc. That and falling and resisting the put your hand out to break your fall and just roll with your shoulder pad hopefully protecting you.

Latest posts