Jamals quad isn’t right a year later. Could miss tc

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
This year, yes. Next year with the big cap savings? Nope. He's gone. Even if he comes back and miraculously stays healthy, he's still gone.

The combo of Love's signing (through 2024), and drafting of Reed tells you Pete and John have already moved on from Adams. They know with all his injuries the likelihood of him coming back and resembling even 75% of what they're paying him is extremely low.
Well, if this is Adams last year, then, Seattle, is definitely trying to get everything out of Adams this final year.

Adams, once he hits the field again this year, you can be sure, Seattle, is not going to use him in 75 percent coverage.

Adams will be blitzing heavily this season.

Pretty much, let him do his forte and don’t put him in positions where he isn’t at his strong suit.

After seeing so many Quandre Diggs tackle whiffs or lack thereof effort last season, if Adams is a guarantee tackle machine, that would already be an improvement from last year.

Man, it was rough for tackling at the second and third levels last year. It was brutal.

Josh Jacobs running all over Seattle linebackers. The secondary couldn’t take good angles on tackles. Man, it was so devastating to watch.

At least with Adams you see the guy wants to BLAST receivers and running backs!

If there is anything I do like from Adams is Adams effort to make tackles.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
longest I've ever seen anyone out from a quad injury by a mile.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Well, if this is Adams last year, then, Seattle, is definitely trying to get everything out of Adams this final year.

Adams, once he hits the field again this year, you can be sure, Seattle, is not going to use him in 75 percent coverage.

Adams will be blitzing heavily this season.

Pretty much, let him do his forte and don’t put him in positions where he isn’t at his strong suit.

After seeing so many Quandre Diggs tackle whiffs or lack thereof effort last season, if Adams is a guarantee tackle machine, that would already be an improvement from last year.

Man, it was rough for tackling at the second and third levels last year. It was brutal.

Josh Jacobs running all over Seattle linebackers. The secondary couldn’t take good angles on tackles. Man, it was so devastating to watch.

At least with Adams you see the guy wants to BLAST receivers and running backs!

If there is anything I do like from Adams is Adams effort to make tackles.

Maybe if this was 2020 I'd agree with you, but ever since Adam's sustained the labrum tears he's been making business decisions on tackles. How many goal line hits did he pull up on, or didn't wrap up because he was protecting his shoulders.

The player you're describing here IMO doesn't exist anymore. He's broken, and even when he came back after the shoulder injuries he wasn't the same tackler he once was.

chris98251

Reaction score
I am sure with his competitive attitude he would love to be in pads versus running on a treadmill, that's the whole point also, keeping him in a rehab environment till he is ready and not come back too soon as well. If you can get something from him this year for what is being paid it's a bonus, coming back and going out right away due to re injury would be a worse situation.

BASF

Reaction score
Whoah!Nice take..
If that could happen without serious cap issues I'm all in and agree now with
him staying away.
We have to pay him either way. The cap issue is there this year no matter what we do. However, we are better off losing him now than letting him be on the team next season in any capacity. As @Sgt. Largent pointed out, it would have to be done as an injury settlement, however that is only required if he can't be cleared to play. As we saw last season with Tua, it is not difficult to get doctors to clear a player even if they should not be cleared. It happens every season in the NFL.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
We have to pay him either way. The cap issue is there this year no matter what we do. However, we are better off losing him now than letting him be on the team next season in any capacity. As @Sgt. Largent pointed out, it would have to be done as an injury settlement, however that is only required if he can't be cleared to play. As we saw last season with Tua, it is not difficult to get doctors to clear a player even if they should not be cleared. It happens every season in the NFL.

From what I've read about injury settlements, some future "fully healthy" date has to be mutually agreed on, and that's the pro-rate injury salary that's accepted. The trade off is the player is then allowed to hit free agency and sign with anyone he wants to.

But again, I have no idea why Adams and his agent would accept that. Not when they can just say "fine, put me on IR and give me my entire salary."

In short, full 2023 salary > much lesser injury settlement and free agency.

BASF

Reaction score
From what I've read about injury settlements, some future "fully healthy" date has to be mutually agreed on, and that's the pro-rate injury salary that's accepted. The trade off is the player is then allowed to hit free agency and sign with anyone he wants to.

But again, I have no idea why Adams and his agent would accept that. Not when they can just say "fine, put me on IR and give me my entire salary."

In short, full 2023 salary > much lesser injury settlement and free agency.
Correct. Difference is that we pay him if he is on the roster or not. Get him cleared, and cut him after June 1. Need to rip the bandaid off to move forward.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He’s better off rehabbing rather than making an appearance for fans to feel better
We have only seen him 23 out of 50 games since he has been here.
Sure we want to feel better.
I agree let him rehab away if he's getting cut anyway.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Correct. Difference is that we pay him if he is on the roster or not. Get him cleared, and cut him after June 1. Need to rip the bandaid off to move forward.

Maybe. I just don't think the cap savings is worth it, either fiscally or locker room wise. To cut a player rehabbing, and a team leader at that? Don't think that'd be too popular of a decision with the vets.

Just to save a minimal amount of cap over just waiting until next January.

keasley45

Reaction score
He’s better off rehabbing rather than making an appearance for fans to feel better
This. I don't get all the hate toward the guy, honestly. He comes to Seattle for camp and does what ? Stands on the sideline and chats up guys when he could be 100% invested in whatever rehab program he's on to get right. He no doubt had a regimen he's following. If I were in his shoes, I'd be on it 24-7. No breaks. No slipping timelines. He can zoom call with his dudes. Just get right and be on the field and available asap.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
It's not about fans it's about being a part of the team.
I don't question his toughness, I have never criticized or blamed him for getting injured.
I don't question how hard he is trying to get back at all.
I do get pretty serious vibes of him not being all that invested in the team itself.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I do get pretty serious vibes of him not being all that invested in the team itself.

It's why Adams rubbed everyone the wrong way in NY, but again as soon as someone shows me evidence that his teammates or coaches are mad about him not being at voluntary camp standing around in sweats I'll get angry about it.

Until then, this just seems like a topic fans and Boomer sports radio jocks yell about cause it's something polarizing to talk about in the off season.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I think it likely by this time in the rehab process Adams is facing the reality that he'll never be the same as he was. PC and JS already know that, have known it for some time and have made the adjustments, but are coddling him with hope. Adam's nfl shift is over. He is just maxing out what he can get before he vacates entirely.
I would love to see him prove me wrong.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Torn labrums in both shoulders,busted fingers all over and this serious quad injury
that only half ever came back from.
I think he may well be done.It's not his fault the body just can't take the shots anymore.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

I don’t care, Jamal. If you do, then ur ass is back for otas so that at least our rehab people can evaluate you.

If you really need mommy and daddy here, it’s small potatoes to you to bring them And the cousins and whomever.

Throwdown

Reaction score

I don’t care, Jamal. If you do, then ur ass is back for otas so that at least our rehab people can evaluate you.

If you really need mommy and daddy here, it’s small potatoes to you to bring them And the cousins and whomever.

You cannot be this dense

renofox

Reaction score
Maybe. I just don't think the cap savings is worth it, either fiscally or locker room wise. To cut a player rehabbing, and a team leader at that? Don't think that'd be too popular of a decision with the vets.

Just to save a minimal amount of cap over just waiting until next January.
$8.44M in cap would be really helpful right about now.

I guess it all depends if you think he's going to be a net contributor or not.

I agree with several other posters here who believe his future contributions will be minimal or nonexistent.

It's time to stop throwing good money after bad.