Jamals quad isn’t right a year later. Could miss tc

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Worst trade in franchise history, doubling down and giving him loads of cash is even worse. Please don't give up QB trade capitol for a free safety forcing his way out of his old team for money ever again J.S. Pete.
You guys have clearly learned from past failures in the draft and changed your approach (rightfully). Please do the same with acquiring guys through trade.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
Worst trade in franchise history, doubling down and giving him loads of cash is even worse. Please don't give up QB trade capitol for a free safety forcing his way out of his old team for money ever again J.S. Pete.
You guys have clearly learned from past failures in the draft and changed your approach (rightfully). Please do the same with acquiring guys through trade.
Percy Harvin approves this message.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
We have a 6th rounder behind Adams currently, and we also don’t have money for vet fas. Jfc.

sc85sis

Reaction score
He hadn’t had injury history when we acquired him. It’s been fluky stuff since. At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if we cut our losses next year. Too bad because he is—or at least was—a phenomenal player.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
He hadn’t had injury history when we acquired him. It’s been fluky stuff since. At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if we cut our losses next year. Too bad because he is—or at least was—a phenomenal player.
Exactly. PCJS traded for a healthy Jamal Adams.

I'm curious as to what our health and conditioning coaches are doing though. To wit: Charles Cross was our first top draft pick not to get hurt in training camp in a decade. Contrast that to the Patriots who have a special program to prevent hamstring pulls and haven't had anyone miss time for that injury in the same period.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
A lot of people call me a Debbie Downer with Adams, but dude's broken.

He's been broken, and I can't imagine there will be a time when he's not broken. It's why we went out and got Love, and drafted Witherspoon, to solidify the defensive backfield........and to a lesser extend resigned Bobby, to shore up the 2nd level run defense.

Why? Because Pete and John know having Adams back is a low probability.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
A lot of people call me a Debbie Downer with Adams, but dude's broken.

He's been broken, and I can't imagine there will be a time when he's not broken. It's why we went out and got Love, and drafted Witherspoon, to solidify the defensive backfield........and to a lesser extend resigned Bobby, to shore up the 2nd level run defense.

Why? Because Pete and John know having Adams back is a low probability.
You are not being a DD but a realist. I am just wondering when they will cut bait with him and eat the dead cap hit even when healthy Adams is a liability in pass coverage in todays NFL both safeties have to be good in covering receivers. Before the draft Chevy had a mock draft where the Hawks would draft Witherspoon with the idea of eventually moving him to safety if this happens and he gains 10-20 lbs could be in the mold of Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu

Mad Dog

Reaction score
We have a 6th rounder behind Adams currently, and we also don’t have money for vet fas. Jfc.

Love will play the second safety spot and actually cover receivers and catch easy interceptions.

Adams trade was bad for 3 reasons:
1) 2 first rounders for a safety, even an all pro is a steep price
2) Paying a safety a massive contract is doubling down on the crazy cost for a non elite position
3) Adams is really a box safety and that makes the value even lower.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You are not being a DD but a realist. I am just wondering when they will cut bait with him and eat the dead cap hit even when healthy Adams is a liability in pass coverage in todays NFL both safeties have to be good in covering receivers. Before the draft Chevy had a mock draft where the Hawks would draft Witherspoon with the idea of eventually moving him to safety if this happens and he gains 10-20 lbs could be in the mold of Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu

Makes no cap sense to cut bait this year, the team out isn't until 2024. So my guess is Schneider will pull a hamstring running to submit the release paperwork the day after the season's over on Adams. Even then, the dead cap hit is 14M.

I was all for the Adams trade, so I can't act like I knew all this was going to happen. But damn man, this is the worst trade and subsequent contract extension in team history. Adams has literally been a one man wrecking ball to the cap and defense for going on three years now.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
May be that's why we traded for Love?
Yup. This.

Adams is already dead Fing cap. He just doesn't know it. They bought some expensive insurance until Adams can be cut next year. They just ate the risk now.

I had a very strong suspicion that despite the hype he ain't right.

And I STILL say: How the do tear a quad THAT bad on THAT play.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Love will play the second safety spot and actually cover receivers and catch easy interceptions.

Adams trade was bad for 3 reasons:
1) 2 first rounders for a safety, even an all pro is a steep price
2) Paying a safety a massive contract is doubling down on the crazy cost for a non elite position
3) Adams is really a box safety and that makes the value even lower.
All true points. May I add trading that draft capitol for a guy that was forcing his way out is a major misstep as well. Also we paid him AFTER he started getting injured and showed he wasn't a great fit. We should have cut our losses but because of the capitol we paid for him they felt forced to sign him.

Who wouldn't rather have paid 2 effective massive run stoppers this year rather than have Jamal Adams. We have used up so much cap space for this guy along with all the draft picks missed.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Percy Harvin approves this message.
I hated the Percy Harvin trade as well and guess what he was forcing his way off the Vikings just like Adams was. Maybe just maybe we shouldn't target guys in trade who are malcontents were they are at and all about getting their bag.
Perhaps spending firsts on such situations is not a great idea. Please reassess trading significant value for guys forcing their way out of other teams. They reassessed who they target in drafts I am hopeful they will do the same thing for trades.