Jamal Adams + Ryan Neal on the field together is good!

Tokadub

Reaction score
This guy "hawksfan68" literally called that move how Jamal Adams needed to be adjusted with his own position or the team needed to adjust around him.

I took him seriously and together we pieced together the scenario of Jamal Adams and Ryan Neal on the field at the same time.

I just have to give a shout out to this poster because the coaches did JUST THAT...!

And I believed in his idea (on record). I still wish we had KJ Wright but everything else of what I want to see happened.

The coaches actually did something different defensively, and it seemed to work much better even though we still gave up 457 yards or something...

Our defense seemed to be capable to be the other half of our team! Dare I say they outperformed the offense today by a WIDE MARGIN!

If our defense can continue to play like this I think we might make the playoffs...

It was a step in the right direction... and we saw how Ryan Neal + Jamal Adams on the field together is actually legit...

I think those 2 on the field together is working, let's keep doing that.

Tokadub":3ts9sqn1 said:
hawkfan68":3ts9sqn1 said:
Jamal Adams reminds me a lot of Mark Barron. Mark was a safety but struggled at that position in the NFL with the Rams. They moved him to LB and instantly he started playing better. Jamal is a better talent than Mark but I think a position change like that would beneficial. Put Taylor back on DL and make JA an LB.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Barron

That sounds crazy on paper but I think you might be correct.

Imagine if we had Bobby Wagner, KJ Wright, and Jamal Adams at linebacker and then put Ryan Neal at Strong Safety!

That might actually be a top 10 defense which could give us at least a CHANCE to win a Super Bowl... unfortunately we don't have KJ for some unknown reason.

In that scenario Jordyn Brooks is a bust draft pick but I think that might also be correct. I haven't seen any of the hype others have spoke of regarding his play.

I guess you could put Jordyn Brooks in KJ Wright's place in this scenario but I think it's so much worst sadly.

Jordyn Brooks in KJ Wright's place was enough for the win today. And Jamal Adams giving up a free touchdown with broken coverage...

That was still an improvement... I'll take it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jones had an OK game. Miscommunication with Jamal was bad and I wished he got his hand in and knocked the ball away on SC’s first TD (I think it was), but he made other plays Flowers wouldn’t have made. Room for improvement but I think he played better than Flowers would have.

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3ggsvrjw said:
Jones had an OK game. Miscommunication with Jamal was bad and I wished he got his hand in and knocked the ball away on SC’s first TD (I think it was), but he made other plays Flowers wouldn’t have made. Room for improvement but I think he played better than Flowers would have.

I will agree with you Jones had a great game compared to Tre Flowers.

If we have Jones + Ryan Neal with our studs I think we can win games. Even Jamal Adams had a place today, I'm very excited for this season now.

Our offense had a really slow start today but we STILL whooped them way harder than the Green Bay Packers... This game was nothing but positive implications. We might get to NFC title game based on this game...

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Tokadub":1g721kox said:
This guy "hawksfan68" literally called that move how Jamal Adams needed to be adjusted with his own position or the team needed to adjust around him.

I took him seriously and together we pieced together the scenario of Jamal Adams and Ryan Neal on the field at the same time.

I just have to give a shout out to this poster because the coaches did JUST THAT...!

And I believed in his idea (on record). I still wish we had KJ Wright but everything else of what I want to see happened.

The coaches actually did something different defensively, and it seemed to work much better even though we still gave up 457 yards or something...

Our defense seemed to be capable to be the other half of our team! Dare I say they outperformed the offense today by a WIDE MARGIN!

If our defense can continue to play like this I think we might make the playoffs...

It was a step in the right direction... and we saw how Ryan Neal + Jamal Adams on the field together is actually legit...

I think those 2 on the field together is working, let's keep doing that.

Tokadub":1g721kox said:
hawkfan68":1g721kox said:
Jamal Adams reminds me a lot of Mark Barron. Mark was a safety but struggled at that position in the NFL with the Rams. They moved him to LB and instantly he started playing better. Jamal is a better talent than Mark but I think a position change like that would beneficial. Put Taylor back on DL and make JA an LB.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Barron

That sounds crazy on paper but I think you might be correct.

Imagine if we had Bobby Wagner, KJ Wright, and Jamal Adams at linebacker and then put Ryan Neal at Strong Safety!

That might actually be a top 10 defense which could give us at least a CHANCE to win a Super Bowl... unfortunately we don't have KJ for some unknown reason.

In that scenario Jordyn Brooks is a bust draft pick but I think that might also be correct. I haven't seen any of the hype others have spoke of regarding his play.

I guess you could put Jordyn Brooks in KJ Wright's place in this scenario but I think it's so much worst sadly.

Jordyn Brooks in KJ Wright's place was enough for the win today. And Jamal Adams giving up a free touchdown with broken coverage...

That was still an improvement... I'll take it.

Thank you Tokadub. I appreciate the kind words. :irishdrinkers:
It was good to see Blair back out there too.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Regarding Neal coming in for Brooks on 3rd down, reminds me of something from week 2 that I was questioning but forgot to bring up. On the play where Julio's TD got overturned, they said on the broadcast the Titans had 3 WR on the field and we were in base. Derrick Henry or not that just seems like a terrible idea. Glad we saw the light.