Holmgren and KJ CRITICIZE Jamal Adams

RiverDog

Reaction score
During his presser this past week, Pete made it clear he thought the world of Jamal and his progress to make his way back from his injury. He basically hinted that he's not fully back which is why he is struggling, but should be back to normal next year.

If Pete stays next year, so will Jamal.
I don't know at this point. Seems like an excuse factory.
Pete makes excuses to the media and us fans all the time. It's to take pressure off his players. Unless Pete has given up on is "always compete" motto, which is possible as IMO it was BS in the first place, I find it hard to believe that there isn't a better option available besides to keep trotting Adams out there. After all, Adams didn't even suit up until Game 4 this season.

If Adams' injuries were affecting him that much, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be on the field, at least not as much as he has been recently, including 100% of the available snaps last Sunday vs. the Niners and all but one snap in the past 4 games.

Pete's full of baloney.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Pete makes excuses to the media and us fans all the time. It's to take pressure off his players. Unless Pete has given up on is "always compete" motto, which is possible as IMO it was BS in the first place, I find it hard to believe that there isn't a better option available besides to keep trotting Adams out there. After all, Adams didn't even suit up until Game 4 this season.

If Adams' injuries were affecting him that much, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be on the field, at least not as much as he has been recently, including 100% of the available snaps last Sunday vs. the Niners and all but one snap in the past 4 games.

Pete's full of baloney.
It has to be because of what they gave up then paid him . Trying to justify their horrible mistake.

RiverDog

Reaction score
It has to be because of what they gave up then paid him . Trying to justify their horrible mistake.
I agree. If this was just some random UDFA rookie trying to make the team and played the way Adams has, he would have been benched long ago. This is all about Pete trying to save face, throwing good money after bad instead of cutting bait.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You don't cut him. He will go to the Rams or 49ers for minimum and start playing with his hair on fire.

This is not going to happen. Adam's is broken, and now he's also a PR nightmare.

He will go the way of other over the hill and broken PR nightmare idiots like Ochocinco, TO and Antonio Brown..............he'll get signed by some bottom feeder desperate team on a vet minimum contract in hopes they can squeeze half a season out of him before he gets injured again.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Adams is indeed broken. It's why he's playing so poorly this year. You don't think he reads what is said about him? He is so profoundly afraid of being labeled a "bust" or "injury-prone" (or worse) that he will do anything to stay on the field, even at the cost of sacrificing his own level of play because he's now in "Business Decision" mode so he doesn't get hurt yet again.

It's a wicked, vicious cycle. Due to performance AND off-the-field stuff his ass should be benched period, but we all know Pete likes to coddle his pets.

morgulon1

Reaction score
100%

I can see "almost" where PC/JS would want to give him a chance in 2023 to come back but with his diminished play and Injury history the only move that makes sense is to move forward without Jamal Adams. Q Diggs has regressed as well.

I can see them taking a safety early in next years draft . Maybe two.

How does that sit with my fellow .net brothers ( and sisters as I don't want to assume anyone's identity )?

JPatera76

Reaction score

EDIT: This interview was before the Titans game... where i believe Jamal didn't even make the trip? So things are definitely shaping up to be interesting with JA.. will he be here next yr or will they go the Holmgren route and ..... make a "business decision" and cut/trade him.

I personally feel our defense overall has time and time again looked much better without him than with. Last year and this year. Defensive packages involving Adams on the field always seem heavily or extremely FORCED and usually we see a lot of our guys then confused or missing assignments more frequently because it either messes with the "rhythm" they get into without Adams or they don't or haven't been coached to deal with 1 guy (Adams) kind of doing "whatever".. and doing that "whatever" has to strike home 100% i.e. if he goes in for a sack... that package relies on him hitting home and actually making the tackle. Not running by the damn QB like he's gotta full on sprint to the locker room for a shit or piss. So then the blown "assignment" on Adams leaves everyone scrambling. So I guess packages meant for Adams are also, "feast or famine" type packages.

Last edited:

seahawks08

Reaction score
I will give the benefit of doubt to Adams being upset about not able to play or accepting being a weak link due to injury. I don’t think KJ is right on this neither when he said Pete has lost the locker room. I will take media with a grain of salt.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I will give the benefit of doubt to Adams being upset about not able to play or accepting being a weak link due to injury. I don’t think KJ is right on this neither when he said Pete has lost the locker room. I will take media with a grain of salt.

Geno also was told he wasn't going to play against the Eagles, even though he said he thought he could go.........and he stood on the sidelines, cheered on his teammates and was as happy for his backup QB as anyone.

This is why most fans and media members crap all over Adams, he's a selfish locker room killer who can't find the humility to get past his own self created issues to support his team when things aren't going the way he wants them to.

Thus why he's mysteriously away from the team, and probably will be the rest of the year.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Geno also was told he wasn't going to play against the Eagles, even though he said he thought he could go.........and he stood on the sidelines, cheered on his teammates and was as happy for his backup QB as anyone.

This is why most fans and media members crap all over Adams, he's a selfish locker room killer who can't find the humility to get past his own self created issues to support his team when things aren't going the way he wants them to.

Thus why he's mysteriously away from the team, and probably will be the rest of the year.
Hopefully the rest of his life

LastRideOut

Reaction score
You don't cut him. He will go to the Rams or 49ers for minimum and start playing with his hair on fire.

Naw. I'd be happy if he signs with a division rival (prefer rams/sf) because that means their defenses come down a notch with Adams in.

Adams = overrated. YIKES!

toffee

Reaction score
Adams' trade and contract were the decision of Pete and John,
Adams' injuries were the decision of football God,
Adams' poor plays post injury is decision of nature,
Adams' refusal to be with the team was a decision made by Jamal Adams.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Adams' trade and contract were the decision of Pete and John,
Adams' injuries were the decision of football God,
Adams' poor plays post injury is decision of nature,
Adams' refusal to be with the team was a decision made by Jamal Adams.
Obviously, Adams' injuries have affected his play, but we can't blame all of his problems on injuries. It's not injuries that cause him to be out of position or have an easy interception bounce off his face mask.

cymatica

Reaction score
So now the Broncos take it on the chin and bench Wilson for the sake of their future. Meanwhile, Pete is beating around the bush and saying he can't wait for Adams to return from a sore knee instead of doing what's right and making it clear he is not going to start