Jamal Adams needs to be released

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
If this has been addressed in this thread I apologize. Doesn’t Adams still have ‘24 as a contract year? If he’s cut post June 1, what’s his cap hit? Because that my friends is why he’s still on this team in ‘23. And if it’s still a mountainess cap hit, then we can look forward to continuing this conversation next season.

RiverDog

Reaction score
If this has been addressed in this thread I apologize. Doesn’t Adams still have ‘24 as a contract year? If he’s cut post June 1, what’s his cap hit? Because that my friends is why he’s still on this team in ‘23. And if it’s still a mountainess cap hit, then we can look forward to continuing this conversation next season.
Here's what I found:

Adams is heading into a pivotal season with the Seahawks as Seattle has more of a pathway to move on from the safety during the 2024 offseason. Seattle can release Adams next offseason and be free of his $16.5 million salary in 2024 and $17.5 million in 2025. This scenario still remains less than ideal as the Seahawks would take a $14.2 million dead cap hit with Adams’ release, per Spotrac.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
This coming offseason is the optimal out. Cap savings of nearly 17 million in year 1 if cut with post-June 1st designation.

olyfan63

Reaction score
So your friend's husband was evaluated by a concussion expert and given a clean bill of health before he attacked your friend with a baseball bat? If that's not the case, then the two situations aren't comparable.

Seau and Duerson came long before the emphasis on concussions evolved, 20-30 years ago, and were subjected to multiple head injuries over a period of years. They, too, are not comparable to the situation with Adams.

I don't mean to be insensitive to the issue. I understand how CTE can affect a person's behavior. I just don't think it can be used in this specific situation with Jamal Adams to excuse his behavior. As others have pointed out, he's always had this tendency to fight with the media, so you know that he has a predisposition to this kind of thing.
Nice false equivalency.

It's the WOMAN taking the HITS from the baseball bat who gets the head injuries. The psychological state of the party (dumped husband) administering the blows is irrelevant to the damage done by said blows, it's all about the physics, the force and location of where the blows strike. Did you misread that or are you just being sarcastic and ridiculous?

And I'm neither *JUSTIFYING* nor *EXCUSING* Jamal's behavior in any way, shape or form. Simply pointing out that people's judgment and *personality* can and do change as a result of head injuries. I don't know if Antonio Brown was ever NOT a nutcase, but people say he's never been the same after that big hit in a game against Cincinnati. Is it really just "same ol Jamal" being the same douche he's always been, or has he gotten worse? I don't have a pre-Seahawks awareness of Jamal to know.

It's not a stretch at all to think that Jamal, with his kamikaze style of play, has had many "micro concussion" injuries, as well as full-fledged concussions from pee-wee through HS, college, and in his NFL career. Your faith in the absolute effectiveness of the NFL's "concussion protocol" is misplaced, IMO. Jamal has "broken" other parts of his body with his style of play, so I don't think it's a stretch that his head has taken a battering as well.

I'd prefer the team cut his ass as soon as it is advantageous for cap purposes. Jamal sucks as a player. I don't know if it's because of head injuries, I just know he sucks and is a liability on D.

BTW, the ex-husband in my real-life example has the sociopathic flavor of Borderline Personality Disorder, and had a "toddler rage" episode, which these days is often labeled "Intermittent Explosive Disorder" (IED). Would you believe he never faced criminal charges? He did have some civil judgments against him to have to pay for her medical care.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. Oh well, I guess it’s a good thing some of your bosses, managers, etc. aren't able to read your posts on here. I would hate for you to lose your jobs and render you unable to pay the rent for your giant glass houses.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Nice false equivalency.

It's the WOMAN taking the HITS from the baseball bat who gets the head injuries. The psychological state of the party (dumped husband) administering the blows is irrelevant to the damage done by said blows, it's all about the physics, the force and location of where the blows strike. Did you misread that or are you just being sarcastic and ridiculous?

And I'm neither *JUSTIFYING* nor *EXCUSING* Jamal's behavior in any way, shape or form. Simply pointing out that people's judgment and *personality* can and do change as a result of head injuries. I don't know if Antonio Brown was ever NOT a nutcase, but people say he's never been the same after that big hit in a game against Cincinnati. Is it really just "same ol Jamal" being the same douche he's always been, or has he gotten worse? I don't have a pre-Seahawks awareness of Jamal to know.

It's not a stretch at all to think that Jamal, with his kamikaze style of play, has had many "micro concussion" injuries, as well as full-fledged concussions from pee-wee through HS, college, and in his NFL career. Your faith in the absolute effectiveness of the NFL's "concussion protocol" is misplaced, IMO. Jamal has "broken" other parts of his body with his style of play, so I don't think it's a stretch that his head has taken a battering as well.

I'd prefer the team cut his ass as soon as it is advantageous for cap purposes. Jamal sucks as a player. I don't know if it's because of head injuries, I just know he sucks and is a liability on D.

BTW, the ex-husband in my real-life example has the sociopathic flavor of Borderline Personality Disorder, and had a "toddler rage" episode, which these days is often labeled "Intermittent Explosive Disorder" (IED). Would you believe he never faced criminal charges? He did have some civil judgments against him to have to pay for her medical care.
I understood your statement that your friend, a woman, was the one that took the hits from the baseball bat and that her ex-husband was the assailant. My assumption from what you said was that it was her ex had a brain injury similar to CTE, which led to his striking his ex wife, ie your friend. Otherwise, I'm not sure what the analogy was as to Adams' said behavioral changes.

Your last paragraph, that the ex-husband never faced criminal charges, is absurd. I can understand a less severe charge, say assault with a deadly weapon instead of attempted murder as it could be argued that he did not intend to kill her, but no criminal charges at all? That's disgusting. But I guess it's par for the course nowadays.

And like I said earlier, I'm not insensitive to the issue of CTE and the behavioral problems it can cause. But in this case, Adams was examined by experts in the field, released from concussion protocol, and still had an incident with a concussion professional that didn't even involve him and that the league fined him for. That's pretty convincing evidence that his concussion didn't have anything to do with his behavior.

And your mention of Seau and Duerson is apples and oranges to the situation with Adams.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
It's a hypothetical question. The fact is that Adams isn't playing anywhere close to an All Pro level. If he were, he wouldn't feel so guilty and defensive about his play, the reporter wouldn't have had anything credible to give him crap about, and Adams wouldn't have been so thin skinned that he wouldn't have lashed out at such a silly, one word tweet.

The problem would never have surfaced if he were playing like an All Pro.
Did you just dismiss fender's hypothetical with a...hypothetical?

Ozzy

Reaction score
After Pete said he dealt with it Jamal in an interview said when they go low I go lower and doubled down on it lol. Well done Pete, doesn’t seem like you took care of anything. Another reason to believe Pete is just not cutting it.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
No way this dude isn't locker room poison, at this point.

Pete tried to cover for him, and he's still goin'. Christ. Man lost his mind.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sherman is way smarter and more calculating. For sure, Sherman has some anger management issues, witness his DV conflicts issues in his personal life. However, Sherman has a way of using hyperbole and controversy to get attention, good or bad, and sometimes the "bad" attention winds up serving him in the end. Plus, Sherman had the game to back up his mouth.

Kind of like the "bad boy" metal bands of the 70's, where conservative newspapers in each city of their tour would rail against them, and the band's response was, "We don't care what you write about us, as long as you spell the name right, and print a picture."

I didn't think Sherman was as savvy as you and other fans.

At 1st it was funny and we fully embraced it all because we fell in love with a player and team that was fully embracing their bully pulpit, on and off the field.

But as soon as Sherman turned that edge and angry volatility inward on his own coaches, teammates and threatening local media.....he lost me.

flv2

Reaction score
Here's what I found:

Adams is heading into a pivotal season with the Seahawks as Seattle has more of a pathway to move on from the safety during the 2024 offseason. Seattle can release Adams next offseason and be free of his $16.5 million salary in 2024 and $17.5 million in 2025. This scenario still remains less than ideal as the Seahawks would take a $14.2 million dead cap hit with Adams’ release, per Spotrac.

Those were the numbers before this season. Adams has been paid $20.83M that hasn't been cap accounted for. That cap hit figure can't be avoided. Half of it is due to be accounted for in 2024 and the other half in 2025. If released before June 1 2024 the 2025 hit would accelerate into the 2024 cap. The Seahawks could keep Adams until the new NFL year in March 2024 and designate him as a Post June 1 cut. That would avoid the 2025 acceleration. However they would also have to account for his $16.5M salary for 2024 until June 1. That would negate the benefit and make a June 1 cut designation unlikely with his current contract.

https://overthecap.com/explaining-the-post-june-1-designation

Adams could agree to a new minimum wage in 2024 contract with a guaranteed release clause that activates 1 or 2 days into the new year. That would allow Adams to move on with minimum cap impact on the Seahawks. However, this would need to be agreed before Week 18 of the 2023 season.

It's possible that Adams could return to the Seahawks with a new, market-value, lower-cost contract in 2024.

Ozzy

Reaction score
No way this dude isn't locker room poison, at this point.

Pete tried to cover for him, and he's still goin'. Christ. Man lost his mind.
Yeah bizarre. Least favorite player on the team and I was rooting for him this year

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
So you think that had Adams had a concussion that was so severe as to have caused a major personality change, that it went undetected by some of the top experts in the field, and the doctors prematurely let him out of out of concussion protocol? Is that the best you can come up with?

I think you'd have better luck trotting out the dog ate my homework as an excuse.
It was a joke. I forgot the /s thing.

acctingman

Reaction score
Package Pete and that POS Adams for a couple ball boys. F both of them.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Yeah bizarre. Least favorite player on the team and I was rooting for him this year
I'm a big fan of his type of play. His specific pursuit speed is rare, along with his versatility. If he had stayed healthy, it would've been insane.

I don't think he had the psyche to hold up through unlucky injuries and then proceeding to lose his reputation (and legacy) as a player.

flv2

Reaction score
It was a joke. I forgot the /s thing.
Other sites have adopted using either green, (sportshoop.la), or blue, (ramsondemand.com), fonts as a 'not serious' identifier for posts. I understand that this might be somewhat problematical on a Seahawks site. :whistle:

I use a blue/green and hope not to get called out too often.