Jacob Hollister

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Nice to know this kid can step up and be part of the offense. He, Dickson, and Willson could be a solid bunch.

I do think Hollister gave up a hit/pressure at one point, but two touchdowns, a big seam catch, and a PI drawn? Nice. That'll come in handy, especially against a 49ers defense missing Kwon Alexander.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Ya, and at one point he was the only healthy TE playing in the game. Hopefully, they get Dickson back next week, but this sure seemed to be Hollister's coming out party.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3p3hc5cr said:
Nice to know this kid can step up and be part of the offense. He, Dickson, and Willson could be a solid bunch.

I do think Hollister gave up a hit/pressure at one point, but two touchdowns, a big seam catch, and a PI drawn? Nice. That'll come in handy, especially against a 49ers defense missing Kwon Alexander.

He got ran over for a sack (see below) but he is a solid receiver -- I also saw him struggle to block in the run game. If you could take his receiving and Fant's blocking you would have a helluva tight end

https://youtu.be/c1p4RpaCtqA?t=234

ttown0026

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":1g0tk2yh said:
MontanaHawk05":1g0tk2yh said:

He got ran over for a sack (see below) but he is a solid receiver -- I also saw him struggle to block in the run game. If you could take his receiving and Fant's blocking you would have a helluva tight end

You would have Dissly...

So frustrating!

D

DomeHawk

The best thing about this is that the Seahawks have finally figured out how to use TE's.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I think Hollister and Willson are a very good combo to have. They are both cheap and reliable. Willson is a blocking beast and Hollister is coming into his own as a pass catcher.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Which is the TE? He is not a big man. definitely a WR/TE. Luke is a monster next to him too. As long as they don't ask him to block much, he can be a big threat downfield.

11032019 more hawks2 175943 1020x680

olyfan63

Reaction score
ttown0026":27dr4njy said:
WestcoastSteve":27dr4njy said:
-snip-

You would have Dissly...
So frustrating!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Hollister is a better receiver than Dissly. Slightly. He's faster too. But Dissly is that awesome rare beast who can play Outside Tackle (TM), blocking real DLs to a stalemate, and run routes and catch too.

Mike Tice popularized the Seattle Outside Tackle (TM) position as part of Ground Chuck in the 80s. Then he became an NFL head coach at some point, for the Vikings and such; I lost track of him after that.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So glad we were able to keep that guy. Surprised he didn't get swooped up by someone else. Just a solid player, and he's already coming from a winning organization. Outstanding pick up by the Hawks this year.

chris98251

Reaction score
olyfan63":2pmpq9y7 said:
ttown0026":2pmpq9y7 said:
WestcoastSteve":2pmpq9y7 said:
-snip-

You would have Dissly...
So frustrating!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Hollister is a better receiver than Dissly. Slightly. He's faster too. But Dissly is that awesome rare beast who can play Outside Tackle (TM), blocking real DLs to a stalemate, and run routes and catch too.

Mike Tice popularized the Seattle Outside Tackle (TM) position as part of Ground Chuck in the 80s. Then he became an NFL head coach at some point, for the Vikings and such; I lost track of him after that.

Dissly is a good receiver, what he brings is you don't know if it's going to be a pass or run as well as his run blocking is very good, not having to change out players and tip whats happening as much helps a lot with production and play calling in the bigger picture.