It's Happened - Wilson Traded

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":c2ltvqmn said:
I was always 100% on the play-calling and o-line until things started going off the rails in the 2nd half of 2022. I started noticing holding the ball, and not taking underneath stuff when it was there etc. Remember that play in LA where Russ had all kinds of room to run and inexplicably threw into coverage across his body and got picked? That stunned me. I could not recall seeing him make a mental mistake like that.

Definitely lots of blame on managements side that caused this but I don't see Russ as blameless. I find the stories that the Hawks had interest in guys like Mahomes and Allen in their draft year fascinating. As a fan even entertaining the idea of looking at a QB would have been ridiculous. What was going on even then for that to even be a consideration?

I agree with your comments and think this has been coming on for a while. It seems most on this board are either Pro Russ or Anti Russ with few in the middle. People change, and Russ as a rookie and our young SB quarterback is NOT the same Russ now days.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with the re-build. We don't know what will happen with him gone, but had he been forced to stay, it would have been more to the same or worse. No one would have been happy.

As for Russ, good luck in Denver but be careful what you wish for. Either he could be a huge success when unleashed or his shortcomings will be exposed to a greater degree. I hope that the former becomes a reality for his sake.

As I stated in another thread, we'll know the honeymoon is over in Denver when fans begin yelling "Throw the ball"!

John63

Reaction score
OKHawksfan":2h1d3jhr said:
Russellmania3":2h1d3jhr said:
The Hawks got Fleeced; Straight up

Funny, Denver Fans feel they got fleeced.

Actually they don't. I have been checking their forum they are happy as hell.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
The forums I checked it was 60 40 positive. On fb groups 70 30 negative. Many have already purchased the perfume as well.

John63

Reaction score
Cyrus12":9px1phq5 said:
The forums I checked it was 60 40 positive. On fb groups 70 30 negative. Many have already purchased the perfume as well.

Okay, not what I am seeing but whatever makes you feel better.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
John63":2of61afz said:
Cyrus12":2of61afz said:

I think you are the one in need of a care bear countdown...now that your hero did everything you said he wouldn't.. cheer up!
[youtube]2lpeFfAA2LQ[/youtube]

John63

Reaction score
Cyrus12":7fwxoeuu said:
John63":7fwxoeuu said:
Cyrus12":7fwxoeuu said:

I think you are the one in need of a care bear countdown...now that your hero did everything you said he wouldn't.. cheer up!

I'm fine with it. I get to cheer on my Seahawks and also follow Wilson. As to everything he said he would not do, Last I checked the Hawks did the trade all Wilson did was say he would wave is no trade. IF your team came to you and said they wanted to trade you why would you stay? You would not. If I were you I would worry about the fact the PC has lied to everyone. He lied when he said they are not looking to trade Wilson. They lied when they said they are running it back. But spin it whatever way makes you feel good. To me, it does not matter anymore. He is gone and it stime to rebuild.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
John63":235e91ru said:
Cyrus12":235e91ru said:
John63":235e91ru said:
Cyrus12":235e91ru said:

I'm fine with it. I get to cheer on my Seahawks and also follow Wilson. As to everything he said he would not do, Last I checked the Hawks did the trade all Wilson did was say he would wave is no trade. IF your team came to you and said they wanted to trade you why would you stay? You would not. If I were you I would worry about the fact the PC has lied to everyone. He lied when he said they are not looking to trade Wilson. They lied when they said they are running it back. But spin it whatever way makes you feel good. To me, it does not matter anymore. He is gone and it stime to rebuild.
Except hes the one leaking trade rumors for the last 2 years..hes the one that wanted out. Given his ego he just kept making it look like he wanted to stay to save face and look like the good guy. How many offensive coordinators will he go through in Denver??

John63

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1cqtgf01 said:
John63":1cqtgf01 said:
Cyrus12":1cqtgf01 said:
John63":1cqtgf01 said:

Except hes the one leaking trade rumors for the last 2 years..hes the one that wanted out. Given his ego he just kept making it look like he wanted to stay to save face and look like the good guy. How many offensive coordinators will he go through in Denver??

Or except PC was looking to trade him 3+ years ago. Again team does not want you why stay.

John63

Reaction score
harryjohnson":23gyj4dq said:
Houston Texans QB Deshaun Watson won't face criminal charges in connection with sexual misconduct allegations

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/334 ... llegations

Still, dont want him his cap hit is over 40 mil, he refused to play for Houston. And this thing is not over, there are still lawsuits, maybe a continued investigation, and who knows what the NFL will do.

Fade

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1nruzouw said:
Rob Statton of Seahwksdraftblog.com has summarized some sensible thoughts on the Wilson trade.

In the end some will heartily agree and others will vehemently disagree.

A link to this article which is worth reading can be found below:.

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/the-russel ... ng-i-think

Lately Statton has been very critical of the team, yet this article is quite measured. Frankly I agree.

I love Rob. He covered this situation all the way through, told the truth, while the Seattle media continued to flounder and flop around over the last 2 years.

But they need a new regime or the same problems will continue. I was cool with Wilson getting traded, under the condition that a regime change had to be part of the deal.

The current regime that traded for Percy Harvin, Jimmy Graham, and Jamal Adams, spent poorly in Free Agency, and drafted poorly for this long, isn't the answer to Seattle's problems.

No real owner would allow the crap above to go down for this long and have them still keep their jobs. Yet, here we are. A mess. McVay already owns Pete's ass, and Shanny's about to join him.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Fade":qqfrts4z said:
jammerhawk":qqfrts4z said:
Rob Statton of Seahwksdraftblog.com has summarized some sensible thoughts on the Wilson trade.

In the end some will heartily agree and others will vehemently disagree.

A link to this article which is worth reading can be found below:.

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/the-russel ... ng-i-think

Lately Statton has been very critical of the team, yet this article is quite measured. Frankly I agree.

I love Rob. He covered this situation all the way through, told the truth, while the Seattle media continued to flounder and flop around over the last 2 years.

But they need a new regime or the same problems will continue. I was cool with Wilson getting traded, under the condition that a regime change had to be part of the deal.

The current regime that traded for Percy Harvin, Jimmy Graham, and Jamal Adams, spent poorly in Free Agency, and drafted poorly for this long, isn't the answer to Seattle's problems.

No real owner would allow the crap above to go down for this long and have them still keep their jobs. Yet, here we are. A mess. McVay already owns Pete's ass, and Shanny's about to join him.
Don’t lump a baller like Jamal Adams in with Harvin. Are you insane? Adams was number 2 in the league in coverage last year PFF for strong safeties. He’s a freak. And now that we got Frodo traded we can get on with Watson and win 2 titles for Pete before he retires. You don’t like it go root for the Broncos guy. :rumble: :rumble:
I’m the only one on this forum that predicted this trade and now I’m sitting here holding my sack. Wake up guy
I’m not right some of the time, I’m right all of the time.

Go Hawks!!!!!

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":1izm9077 said:

Can I get the next week's powerball numbers from you real quick?

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":flmar5mb said:
MyrtleHawk":flmar5mb said:
ArlosSpecial":flmar5mb said:

Can I get the next week's powerball numbers from you real quick?
Even Nostradamus screwed up a few times

But you literally said you're right all of the time...I'm ready to be a millionaire.

chris98251

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1q8abzyf said:
John63":1q8abzyf said:
Cyrus12":1q8abzyf said:
John63":1q8abzyf said:

One, he won't be there next season, New York, New York.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I am honestly glad Wilson was traded.

The whole thing was getting exhausting. I’m not just talking about the trade rumors either. The unnecessary hate he got from all directions, the lies about his actual play, the nitpicking. He was never fully embraced by this fan base. He is going to a city and team that will embrace him and for that I’m happy for him.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
So Wilson is traded.

He no longer has to deal with the frustrations of trying to win games in a modern NFL with a stubborn old dude who didn't gameplan to the strengths of his HOF QB.
But I see the remaining squad, who have experienced the same frustrations under Pete Carroll, basically giving up.
I fear for a NY Jets level sad-sack season, as we all wait for the old dude to get, well, sacked.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Either Russ is an all-time great QB, who propped up a dying regimen, only held back by a dinosaur coach, and the Hawks are looking at a disastrous season or two of early picks, or he was a limited QB, who's coaches put out a JV game plan to mask his deficiencies, and the Hawks are going to flourish in his absence.

Either way, I'm looking forward to it.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Hawknballs":37kwprgw said:
May as well trade DK and Locket. We are basically throwing in the towel here and admitting we have no plan to be competitive in the near future in the NFC west.

I wonder how this will play in the locker room? Like his style or not RW was a leader.

Oh well. At least this team will be bad and therefore fun to play in Madden franchise.

You really think Denver CHOSE Fant and Harris to deal as part of the compensation?
But they are, which says to me the FO most certainly has a plan they're working at fulfilling, and I don't see any possibility Pete believes he has a year to burn being uncompetitive.