is Wilson finished..?

RedAlice

Reaction score
Omg please stop! There is toooooo much apologising in the world today.

People need to get thicker skins and stop the victimhood.

F I hate were the media education(indoctrination) system and woke modern world has taken society.

NO clue who you are, but so F'n YES

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Back on topic though...Wilson continues his downward spiral. On the clips I saw the team was trying hard for Rypien but I think 60-40 Wilson remains the starter.
Thank goodness, an on-topic football comment.

I think you're right about Wilson remaining the starter, probably after their bye week. But unless he has an epiphany, he's going to keep doing all the things that messes with his head. Having an office and his entourage in team facilities, Subway commercials, "Let's ride", etc., all need to become a thing of the past. He's like Rocky in Rocky III. Same guy as Rocky I & II, but getting his clock cleaned by Mr. T because he was so full of himself.

I don't know what he does to stay in shape, but he either needs to do it more or do it differently. Personally, I think he needs to work on his running. I kinda doubt he's done any sprint drills in a long time, but that's the sort of training he needs if he wants to ever be the same QB that previously struck fear into the hearts of DCs.

Cyrus12

Reaction score

I think you're right about Wilson remaining the starter, probably after their bye week. But unless he has an epiphany, he's going to keep doing all the things that messes with his head. Having an office and his entourage in team facilities, Subway commercials, "Let's ride", etc., all need to become a thing of the past. He's like Rocky in Rocky III. Same guy as Rocky I & II, but getting his clock cleaned by Mr. T because he was so full of himself.

I don't know what he does to stay in shape, but he either needs to do it more or do it differently. Personally, I think he needs to work on his running. I kinda doubt he's done any sprint drills in a long time, but that's the sort of training he needs if he wants to ever be the same QB that previously struck fear into the hearts of DCs.
I like this..he definitely lost the eye of the tiger for fame and celebrity wannabe...only way he gets it back is a divorce from his wife. Unless there is an Apollo Creed in his past that can get him back to where he was in 2012. Matt Flynn??

IndyHawk

Reaction score

He is an old 34..He ran so much early on it does take a toll like to a RB.
The young version of Russ is gone and now he is past his prime.
Miracle water,nano bubbles,wolverine blood and a dangerwich isn't fixing it.

Last edited:

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I like this..he definitely lost the eye of the tiger for fame and celebrity wannabe...only way he gets it back is a divorce from his wife. Unless there is an Apollo Creed in his past that can get him back to where he was in 2012. Matt Flynn??

Apollo Creed was a great champion that Rocky managed to defeat to take the title in Rocky II. So wouldn't Peyton Manning be a better fit for this analogy?

It also helps that Manning is considered one of the greatest ever at one of Wilson's weakest points: reading the defense and changing the call before the snap. So if anyone might actually be able to help Wilson understand those things, it would probably be Manning.

I wish I could give you an extra thumbs-up for mentioning "the eye of the tiger" in this context.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Apollo Creed was a great champion that Rocky managed to defeat to take the title in Rocky II. So wouldn't Peyton Manning be a better fit for this analogy?

It also helps that Manning is considered one of the greatest ever at one of Wilson's weakest points: reading the defense and changing the call before the snap. So if anyone might actually be able to help Wilson understand those things, it would probably be Manning.

I wish I could give you an extra thumbs-up for mentioning "the eye of the tiger" in this context.
Rocky was a humble guy though...RW?? Not so much....

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Rocky was a humble guy though...RW?? Not so much....
Rocky in Rocky III wasn't either, which is my point. Does he turn the corner and get back to what made him great? I kinda doubt it, but the movie does set a template if he wants it to happen.

The movie is an analogy, and all analogies fall apart if you push them too hard. I'm aware of this, just in case anyone is wondering.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Rocky in Rocky III wasn't either, which is my point. Does he turn the corner and get back to what made him great? I kinda doubt it, but the movie does set a template if he wants it to happen.

The movie is an analogy, and all analogies fall apart if you push them too hard. I'm aware of this, just in case anyone is wondering.
Maybe a Clubber Lang needs to tune him up so he realizes what he needs to do...Mick (pete) babied him so long he might not be able to recover...