Is everyone already giving PC a pass for next season?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
And, again, this "inside scoop" crap is such a half-baked theory that bears out exactly nowhere else in the modern NFL ever.

People really crave dead simple answers to nuanced questions, no matter how little sense the answers actually make.

Y'all hear that? Quick, hire a college coach, any college coach. They got the SCOOP, bro!

Yeah the drafting and player development has just been outstanding the past 7 years. *sigh*

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
In fact, free agency acquisitions should always work out exactly as intended, because YO, these coaches have the SCOOP, bro!

The special, inside scoop that only a coach in the same league as the player can have!

Well they dont work out when the coach and team dont use them correctly. Seems to be a common theme in Seattle.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
And what factors, if any, would make you say "PC needs to be fired now"? Some here have no answer to that. My answer to that is 3 playoff wins in 7 years. Pete is getting pre-excused for likely sucking this year on a team he 100% built. And then what? The year after next? Possible rookie QB? Another year of excuses and no playoffs? And then the next year after? How many wasted years do you see?

There are no factors because he gets an instant pass from a ton of fans because of the Super Bowl win almost a decade ago.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I was reasonably happy with the draft so maybe PC can learn but I am not convinced.
That's reason enough for me to be optimistic about your chances for optimism.
I just see no future that PC will win more than one playoff game at the end of any season and that is why I want him gone. If he cannot do it with the teams he has had the last 7 years what makes you think he can do it any time in the future?
It might be worth reminding you that the QB we just unloaded on Denver was part of the team that hasn't won more than one playoff game at the end of any season over the last seven years, and arguably is one of the reasons we didn't win more than one playoff game at the end of any season over the last seven years.

What makes me think Pete can build a team that can win multiple playoff games moving forward? The fact that he did it before. The Seahawks were a wreck when he took the team over. He built the Super Bowl team from ruins that were worse than what he has to work with now.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
And what factors, if any, would make you say "PC needs to be fired now"? Some here have no answer to that. My answer to that is 3 playoff wins in 7 years. Pete is getting pre-excused for likely sucking this year on a team he 100% built. And then what? The year after next? Possible rookie QB? Another year of excuses and no playoffs? And then the next year after? How many wasted years do you see?
ZERO "Factors", look Jay, Mike or Whatever....IF Jody had kept Russ & fired Pete WITHOUT having a VIABLE replacement, that would be ABSOLUTELY STUPID.
How about TWO playoff wins in 7 years like John Harbaugh who incidentally, STILL HAS A SECURE JOB as HC with the Ravens.
Wilson has had PLENTY of time to "Cook", plenty of time to expand his awareness, to better LEARN how to read Defenses, to work on perfecting his "Inner Clock" & GET THE BALL OUT A LOT QUICKER.
You & a few others are blaming Pete for Russell Wilson's shortcomings...Wilson is NOT GUILT FREE.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Lol, Butler did not read the play. Browner told him it was coming. As for the play itself, it was doomed for failure before it was even called with the personnel that was on the field. Kearse whiffed on Browner and Lockette was the worst receiver on the field.

So the Seahawks werent in scoring position to win the game? Ok.

A team thats lucky to win 6 games is going to make money with decreased ticket sales, decreased merchandise sales, and a lack of prime time games? Pass me what your smoking. I need some.
LOL So, Russ threw a pick because Browner was smarter that he was? & told Butler how to TIME his play PERFECTLY. LOLOLOLOL
Hell man, EVEN IF it was a bad play call, IT WAS A POORLY EXECUTED PASS-PLAY BY RUSSELL WILSON.
What am I smoking???, I'm "Smoking" >YOU <in this debate.

OP
OP
J

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
ZERO "Factors", look Jay, Mike or Whatever....IF Jody had kept Russ & fired Pete WITHOUT having a VIABLE replacement, that would be ABSOLUTELY STUPID.
How about TWO playoff wins in 7 years like John Harbaugh who incidentally, STILL HAS A SECURE JOB as HC with the Ravens.
Wilson has had PLENTY of time to "Cook", plenty of time to expand his awareness, to better LEARN how to read Defenses, to work on perfecting his "Inner Clock" & GET THE BALL OUT A LOT QUICKER.
You & a few others are blaming Pete for Russell Wilson's shortcomings...Wilson is NOT GUILT FREE.
So, a Pete Fan and not a Seahawks fan. Gotcha. Thanks for letting me know. You are John63 but for Pete instead of RW. Pete is God and can do no wrong. Nothing left to discuss Since rational discussion is useless with you.

who played RW? Who signed RW? Who coached RW? That guy is blameless. It’s all RW.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LOL So, Russ threw a pick because Browner was smarter that he was? & told Butler how to TIME his play PERFECTLY. LOLOLOLOL
Hell man, EVEN IF it was a bad play call, IT WAS A POORLY EXECUTED PASS-PLAY BY RUSSELL WILSON.
What am I smoking???, I'm "Smoking" >YOU <in this debate.

Dude you are trying way to hard. Did Butler make a great play? Sure. Was it as great as people make it out to be? Of course not. Its a lot easier to make a play when you know what the play is going to be. If you watch it, Butler was where the receiver was supposed to be before he was even there. Yeah Russ should have thrown the ball late as Lockette wasnt there with his mediocre effort. The fact that any play of that magnitude is targeting Lockette is a travesty in its own right. It was a horrid play call.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Dude you are trying way to hard. Did Butler make a great play? Sure. Was it as great as people make it out to be? Of course not. Its a lot easier to make a play when you know what the play is going to be. If you watch it, Butler was where the receiver was supposed to be before he was even there. Yeah Russ should have thrown the ball late as Lockette wasnt there with his mediocre effort. The fact that any play of that magnitude is targeting Lockette is a travesty in its own right. It was a horrid play call.
And you're trying to hard to whitewash Wilson's mistakes...You can't have it both ways Pitts, Butler made a more aggressive play on that ball than Lockette, Wilson played more to Butler's strength, so IT WAS "As Great" as "People made it out to be" and I DID "watch it", over and over and over, and it was a "POORLY EXECUTED - POORLY PLACED" pass by Russell Wilson & the RESULTS speak for themselves.
Why do you think that Richard Sherman made that stank face right after Wilson's flub-up, and DOES NOT hold Wilson in the same high esteem as y'all do?

Last edited:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
So, a Pete Fan and not a Seahawks fan. Gotcha. Thanks for letting me know. You are John63 but for Pete instead of RW. Pete is God and can do no wrong. Nothing left to discuss Since rational discussion is useless with you.

who played RW? Who signed RW? Who coached RW? That guy is blameless. It’s all RW.
So, you FINALLY realized you'd lost the high ground, and the argument AGAINST Pete Carroll.
You expected that you could just run amok, Place the Blame on Pete for Wilson's mistakes, UNOPPOSED???LOLOLOLOL on that shit.
Who Drafted RW, who ended up taking the heat from SOME of the LOB players for Wilson's GLARING MISTAKES? Who resented Pete for standing by his Franchise Quarterback LIKE ALL GOOD HEAD COACHES DO?, and who got KICKED IN THE NUTS for his troubles, by W-I-L-S-O-N, John63, YOU & Pitty for DEFENDING him all the way out the damned door.
Fandom?? I've been a Seahawks fan right from the Get-Go, right through the WORST & the BEST they had to offer, still have my #3 jersey hanging in my closet, so Nice Try Mike.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
And you're trying to hard to whitewash Wilson's mistakes...You can't have it both ways Pitts, Butler made a more aggressive play on that ball than Lockette, Wilson played more to Butler's strength, so IT WAS "As Great" as "People made it out to be" and I DID "watch it", over and over and over, and it was a "POORLY EXECUTED - POORLY PLACED" pass by Russell Wilson & the RESULTS speak for themselves.
Why do you think that Richard Sherman made that stank face right after Wilson's flub-up, and DOES NOT hold Wilson in the same high esteem as y'all do?

Lol. Sherman made that face because he couldnt believe Carroll was dumb enough to call a pass play. Same with Irvin. Hell same with everybody in the universe except for you evidently.

1001c5ca27c6frontsquare three quarter1000x1000

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
It doesnt matter anymore. The Seahawks will continue to flub under Carroll and fans will continue to make excuses for him until he's gone. Its just the way it is.

Lagartixa

Reaction score

Wearing those T-shirts ("Should've just ran [sic] the ball") is pretty much the same as wearing a T-shirt that says "i ilitirut" or something.

"Should've just run the ball."

Did they stop teaching past participles in school since the 1980s? I learned how to conjugate English verbs when I was in school in the 1970s and 1980s. Do kids not learn to do that anymore?

Even the kids in my class who used the occasional "ain't" (and not for rhetorical effect) knew to say "should have run."

Spohawks

Reaction score
Yes, he gets a pass for winning the Super Bowl...this time only.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Lol. Sherman made that face because he couldnt believe Carroll was dumb enough to call a pass play. Same with Irvin. Hell same with everybody in the universe except for you evidently.

View attachment 53685
Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda, it STILL doesn't EXCUSE Wilson for making a BAD PASS.
So amazing how EVERYONE has this stroke of genius idea >>AFTER<< Russ' pork the pooch BAD BALL PLACEMENT.