Is everyone already giving PC a pass for next season?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
It damned sure does, You are into Insulting, Punking & "Age Discrimination", BECAUSE THAT'S OBVIOUSLY ALL YOU GOT....A-G-A-I-N= "BITE ME"

I'm really not, but he's hard headed and the league has passed him by.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Carroll is never going to accomplish anything of note on the Seahawks ever again.
The thing I'm wondering... Just how emotionally invested are you in that prediction? When Pete rebuilds the team into something resembling the 2012 Seahawks, are you going to happily eat crow? Or just keep posting about how we didn't win enough playoff games for your taste in Russel Wilson's last half-decade here?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The thing I'm wondering... Just how emotionally invested are you in that prediction? When Pete rebuilds the team into something resembling the 2012 Seahawks, are you going to happily eat crow? Or just keep posting about how we didn't win enough playoff games for your taste in Russel Wilson's last half-decade here?

I'll happily eat crow because it aint happening.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Pete should have retired a couple of years ago.
That's your off the wall O-P-I-N-I-O-N.
My O-P-I-N-I-O-N is, that Pete is likely grooming his replacement, because IF I'm Pete Carroll, I'm going to want to see my successor take the reins of a team that is heading in a positive direction.
It likely won't happen this coming season, but right now? I'm looking forward to a >more< TEAM FIRST mentality.
And BEFORE y'all start the blathering about the >Self Serving Russell Wilson< as I know some of you are STILL harping on, Wilson is NOT a HC, and NOT a 'Must Keep' option.
Wilson has had seven years to PROVE himself to be that MVP Quarterback, so needless to say, we've already seen MOST of the best that he has to offer; Maybe in Donko Land, eh?
EVEN WITH Three DIFFERENT OC's, we ALL saw Wilson constantly reverting to playing the position HIS OWN WAY, so for some of y'all still believing that Pete had been hindering his Quarterback? LOLOLOLOL

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Actually, being "Hard Headed" (Determined) is a good trait...Quitters are good at QUITTING.
Actually, being "Hard Headed" (Determined) is a good trait.... Being a Quitter on the other hand.... AIN'T

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I will eat crow if he ever makes it past the divisional playoff game, but I doubt that is ever going to happen. I want him to prove me wrong. Contrary to what I voice in here, I want to see him do well but I've lost hope based on things I've seen and decisions this franchise has made.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I will eat crow if he ever makes it past the divisional playoff game, but I doubt that is ever going to happen. I want him to prove me wrong. Contrary to what I voice in here, I want to see him do well but I've lost hope based on things I've seen and decisions this franchise has made.
Pete had only got the team past the divisional playoff game twice, seven plus years ago... but it has only ever happened two other times in franchise history. I think that standard is artificially high, and designed to allow you (and others who use that standard) to continue to criticize PC for lack of success in spite of signs of success, when those signs become obvious to everyone else.

I'm glad to know you want him to do well, and I'm pretty sure you're going to be pleasantly surprised with how things turn out.

Fade

Reaction score
Pete had only got the team past the divisional playoff game twice, seven plus years ago... but it has only ever happened two other times in franchise history. I think that standard is artificially high, and designed to allow you (and others who use that standard) to continue to criticize PC for lack of success in spite of signs of success, when those signs become obvious to everyone else.

I'm glad to know you want him to do well, and I'm pretty sure you're going to be pleasantly surprised with how things turn out.
iu

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
We don’t have a showing like last night where offense, st, defense falls to shit unless COACHING. Did you see Pete’s face of astonishment? He has no idea what’s going on.

chrispy

Reaction score
Detroit missed the playoffs for 30 years and Cards for 25 years. If you get rid of a coach that has had a lot of playoff success, you are very likely to get one that's worse. The Seahawks hired Jim Mora to replace Mike Holmgren. That's the decision you're endorsing: replace PC with someone... anyone....

A coach's job is to win games. Carroll is the winningest HC in Seattle history. He's #21 in the history of the NFL. If you advocate trading him in, you absolutely have to expect you'll get someone worse, probably several over decades. I'm not saying you don't make valid points, but you have no improvement plan. It's like saying, "My gold mine isn't producing enough gold." ... so you trade in your gold mine for a gravel pit in hopes for more gold.

GemCity

Reaction score
I thought this wasn’t a rebuild. PC fanbois, you backtracking already?

It was only the second preseason game. Switching gears now?

RiverDog

Reaction score
We don’t have a showing like last night where offense, st, defense falls to shit unless COACHING. Did you see Pete’s face of astonishment? He has no idea what’s going on.
I'm not going to go that far and make assumptions as to what's going on inside Pete's head, but clearly, something about this team has changed from past seasons. Pete made some not-so-subtle remarks about players that weren't putting out the effort were going to be discharged, something that I've never heard the always upbeat, cheerleader type coach that we've seen for years say in public, so it's obvious that this team's lackluster performance has affected him. There is no excitement on the sidelines, no Russell Wilson going up and down the bench slapping teammates on the shoulder pads, no enthusiasm. All the sideline shots of Geno show him looking like he was attending a funeral. There's a loser's atmosphere swirling around this team.

As a rule, I could care less about the results of a preseason game, but our next game, the last of the preseason, carries with it a little more importance than your garden variety preseason game. We need something positive, something for the players to feel good about themselves. If not, it's over two weeks before they take the field again, so it's sort of like wanting to win prior to a bye week, so your team doesn't have that bitter taste of defeat in their mouths. We lay another egg like we did this week and that attitude could carry over into the regular season.

Last edited:

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Detroit missed the playoffs for 30 years and Cards for 25 years. If you get rid of a coach that has had a lot of playoff success, you are very likely to get one that's worse. The Seahawks hired Jim Mora to replace Mike Holmgren. That's the decision you're endorsing: replace PC with someone... anyone....

A coach's job is to win games. Carroll is the winningest HC in Seattle history. He's #21 in the history of the NFL. If you advocate trading him in, you absolutely have to expect you'll get someone worse, probably several over decades. I'm not saying you don't make valid points, but you have no improvement plan. It's like saying, "My gold mine isn't producing enough gold." ... so you trade in your gold mine for a gravel pit in hopes for more gold.
You buy gravel recently? Selling a non-producing gold mine for a gravel pit has a better chance of being a good decision than not. The trick is deciding what the right time is. Pete isn't just a problem over the last two years, he has 6 years of showing destructive patterns. Over loyalty to the wrong people, demanding a system be run that he doesn't have the personnel to support (this was Holmgren's downfall), game management strategies that just don't work (this has always been a problem, he just had the talent to overcome it), etc.

He is certainly not better than Holmgren when we moved on from him at this point. Just think what would have happened if the team had stuck with Holmgren for several years looking for flakes of gold in a dead mine.