Is Browner A Weak Link?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Browner knows our receivers just as well as they know him so he is no weak link.

dradee

Reaction score
Too bad the game wasn't in Seattle, you know BB couldn't resist all those weed stores all over the place.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Pats fan1":e9oietjs said:
hawknation2015":e9oietjs said:
Not really. He gives them an intimidating presence that their defense has not had in several years. When Patrick Chung is your SS, you need an enforcer in the defensive backfield.

Like they did against the Colts' Coby Fleener, they will likely try to get Browner matched up against Luke Willson. Willson has struggled at times making catches in traffic . . . or making catches, period.

Kyle Arrington played 40% of the snaps in the regular season, mainly at slot corner, and 100% of the snaps in their last game. Arrington, Chung, Hightower, Collins, and Browner will all be challenged in coverage in this game. McCourty and Revis obviously pose the biggest challenge for our receivers.

Patriots' secondary...

CB's...
Revis
Browner
Arrington
Ryan
Butler

Safety's...
McCourty
Chung

DB's..
Ebner
Harmon
Wilson

It was Harmon who made the INT against Flaco to seal the win.

The Pats list some CB's and some Safety's as "DB's" and they put them in all sorts of different positions. In some plays they'll use McCourty as a CB and keep Harmon and Wilson back as safety's. It confuses the heck out of Peyton, Luck, Stafford, Rodgers.

Not that it negates the Pats' impressive secondary, but Richard Sherman's mom could have intercepted that pass. I had to watch it several times to see what Flacco was thinking on that play, and I still have no idea.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
mikeak":269qrrjw said:
I can't wait for the pass interference call on Browner - will be laughing

Hopefully his former seattle teammates send over some stuff to smoke before the game as well....

So I was listening to the radio earlier tonight and they were acting like we threw Browner to the curb and he would want revenge on us. Um...Hello...It wasnt OUR fault he couldnt stop smoking weed and got suspended for a year.

Laloosh

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1xz4kxps said:
mikeak":1xz4kxps said:
I can't wait for the pass interference call on Browner - will be laughing

Hopefully his former seattle teammates send over some stuff to smoke before the game as well....

So I was listening to the radio earlier tonight and they were acting like we threw Browner to the curb and he would want revenge on us. Um...Hello...It wasnt OUR fault he couldnt stop smoking weed and got suspended for a year.

Yeah, let's see how they feel about him if he gets burned a couple times in the game. I have a feeling we'd have more fans loyal to the guy after that.

edit: BTW, I happen to still love the guy. He was big for us.

Seafan

Reaction score
jammerhawk":cujui768 said:
I doubt it, but he's like any player including our guys who can be exported if the right plays are called.
I for one am tired of our playes being exported :th2thumbs:

bostonhardo

Reaction score
hawknation2015":14fw4wyn said:
Not really. He gives them an intimidating presence that their defense has not had in several years. When Patrick Chung is your SS, you need an enforcer in the defensive backfield.

Like they did against the Colts' Coby Fleener, they will likely try to get Browner matched up against Luke Willson. Willson has struggled at times making catches in traffic . . . or making catches, period.

Kyle Arrington played 40% of the snaps in the regular season, mainly at slot corner, and 100% of the snaps in their last game. Arrington, Chung, Hightower, Collins, and Browner will all be challenged in coverage in this game. McCourty and Revis obviously pose the biggest challenge for our receivers.

Browner sux. Wish you kept him. Chung and Hightower are both excellent against the run but struggles in coverage. Collins is by far their best coverage linebacker and is a budding superstar. Arrington is JAG

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Hes good for us getting 1-2 flags from for the game. So far in 11 games this season he has played in including the playoffs he has 17 penalties (Defensive Pass Interference (6), Defensive Holding (5), Unnecessary Roughness (2), Face Mask (15 Yards) (1), Encroachment (1), Illegal Contact (1), Illegal Use of Hands (1)). Of the 17 he had 2 were declined and 1 was offsetting. Only 1 of them was pre snap.

OP
OP
C

chet380

Reaction score
marymoorhawk":61hq45xu said:
Pats fan1":61hq45xu said:
Pats have the deepest secondary in the NFL that can actually cover now. It's a very good secondary.

Based on what? Using weighted DVOA the Seahawks pass defense ranks 3rd and NE ranks 12th.

Start drilling deeper into covering #1 WR's, etc and Seattle is still ranked higher.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

Pats Fan 1's full analysis --

"The Pats most likely will have Browner covering a Seahawks' TE like they had Browner on the Colts' TE and did a great job in coverage.

What the Pats do is sometimes will play in zone and sometimes man to man with lots of different schemes.

The Pats are a matchup team...

Most likely in man coverage the Pats will take away your best weapon and force you to beat them by throwing to the lesser WR's in pass coverage. They can do that now since they have Revis.

The Pats did a great job covering the Broncos', Bengals', Bears', Lions', Colts' twice, Chargers, Packers' WR's. The offenses and QB's on those teams are more explosive than the Seahawks' offense (AJ Green, Brandon Marshall, Demaryius Thomas, Calvin Johnson, TY Hilton, Jordy Nelson.)

Revis will be put on the Seahawks' #1 or #2 best WR. If they put Revis on the Seahawks' #2 then they will put Kyle Arrington on the #1 WR and double team him with a safety over the top like as we saw the Pats put Revis on Moncrief and they put Arrington on TY with a safety over the top and took them out of the game.

Pats have the deepest secondary in the NFL that can actually cover now. It's a very good secondary."

The guy makes good points -- Revis Island on Baldwin, Arrington and a safety on Kearse and what do we do?

bbsplitter

Reaction score
We should let Sherman be a WR this game and line up opposite Browner... I bet Sherman knows all his tendencies.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
bbsplitter":28kqa352 said:
We should let Sherman be a WR this game and line up opposite Browner... I bet Sherman knows all his tendencies.

Fantastic idea! And it's not like we have to worry about him not having a good connection with Wilson. He establishes a pretty good connection with most quarterbacks a few minutes into almost every game.

Mindsink

Reaction score
bbsplitter":3uxjjsw1 said:

OMG, how funny would that be?! Better yet, put him in across from Revis inside the redzone and throw a fade to the corner of the endzone. He'd easily be able to out-leap Revis for the TD. LOLOL!!!

jlwaters1

Reaction score
hawk45":1s148z81 said:
RolandDeschain":1s148z81 said:
Yeah, I can totally see our offensive coordinator designing plays to exploit Browner.

...HAHAHAHAHAHA.
Wait so are you saying in the bevell vs belichick matchup you don't check the box for the Seahawks?

:p

It's not Bevell vs Belichick, it's Bevel vs. Josh McDaniels. You know the same genius that drafted Tim Tebow in the 1st round and traded Denver's 1st round pick in 2010 for Seattle 2nd because he believe there was more "value".

To which he got CB- Alphonso Smith who last less than 2 years with Denver, and Seattle was able to draft Earl Thomas.

I'd take Bevell over McDaniels any day of the week.