Imagine we picked Malik Willis instead of Kenneth Walker III?

toffee

Reaction score
When we picked K9, national experts started booing, The logic then was how could a team without a starting QB not draft a QB when there were QBs to be drafted, and only idiots pick a RB in second round.

As I watch Malik Willis tonight, with only 10 throw attempts, I can't imagine how this QB or other rookie QBs could help us this season.

Last edited:

renofox

Reaction score
When we picked K9, national experts started booing, The logic then was how could a team without a starting QB not draft a QB when there were QBs to be drafted, and only idiots pick a RB in second round.

As I watch Malik Willis tonight, making all of 10 throw attempts, I can't imagine how this QB or other rookie QBs could help us this season.
PCJS said they already had two #1 QBs on the roster, and implied that they were better than any of the QBs available in the draft.

I guess they knew a little better than we did.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
But was never going to happen. Pete believes in and loves Geno, it was that conviction that made him finally break the RW spell.
Are you sure? I thought it was the words of wisdom from Mother Jody, ROFL. OK jokes aside, we dodged so many bullets this off season.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Asking anything of Willis at this point is a tall order. He's about as unpolished as they come. His skill as a passer within structure wasn't a project - it wasn't there at all. It would need to be totally built up from nothing.

Would've detested the pick.

Mick063

Reaction score
Pete Carroll, the quarterback whisperer, would have tapped every last bit of potential out of him. Just like he did with Wilson. And once Pete's aura inevitably fades away, Willis would have reverted back to a shell of his former self and some team would deeply regret the cap hit from their new acquisition.

You know how people flip houses to turn a profit? Yea.....Pete does that with quarterbacks.

Having said that, they made the right choice. The LAST thing I would do is question this last draft class. It makes me feel giddy about the next one.

Last edited:

kidhawk

Reaction score
I watched the draft hoping we would get our quarterback of the future, but hearing them call K9 when our pick came up got me really excited about the future of this team. He looked to me to have all the tools to be an elite RB in this league for many years. An elite RB makes an offense so much better.

Slick

Reaction score
TBH felt bad for Willis tonight. Struggled mightily. It was prescient on Pete Carrol's part to know our stable of QBs was better than anything we could draft.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I heard some draft experts who watched him at the combine saying how bad his accuracy, footwork etc was. I was happy we didn't take him. From all I had r had I had talked myself into Desmond Ridder being the only QB in this draft I wanted the hawks to draft if possible

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Better than ALL the so call experts did.
Gonna need call BS on this. Almost all the articles and clips I saw said that they’d end up with a high draft pick next year when there are 4-5 quality QBs coming out And how it was a particularly weak QB class this draft. This is just persecution fetish malarkey.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I watched the draft hoping we would get our quarterback of the future, but hearing them call K9 when our pick came up got me really excited about the future of this team. He looked to me to have all the tools to be an elite RB in this league for many years. An elite RB makes an offense so much better.
There was no qbotf in that draft. Just later round projects.

Latest posts