According to NFL.com we have a bottom 30 draft...?

sc85sis

Reaction score
The real experts on draft picks are the guys making the decisions, they know most about the existing roster and have looked in detail at potential propects. The media guys at best know what is publicly available about the existing roster and have looked at all the draft class to an equal amount. I always think draft grades are the like freshmen marking a final degree paper.

I remember us getting a D in 2011, but at the time noone knew that Sherman and KJ were going to be huge but the real beauty is this from 2012:

"After one of the worst picks in the first round I can ever remember, the Seattle Seahawks didn't draft any positions of need or draft for the future.
Pete Carroll is proving why he didn’t make it in the NFL the first time. Not only was Bruce Irvin a reach at No. 15, the Seahawks proved they were oblivious to their madness by celebrating their selection.
As if the day wasn’t bad enough, Seattle selecting Russell Wilson, a QB that doesn’t fit their offense at all, was by far the worst move of the draft. With the two worst moves of the draft, Seattle is the only team that received an F on draft day."
What I always found hilarious about that was saying that it showed why Pete had “failed” previously. He never had any personnel control with the Jets or Patriots, so what exactly was the writer using as a basis of comparison?

toffee

Reaction score
What I always found hilarious about that was saying that it showed why Pete had “failed” previously. He never had any personnel control with the Jets or Patriots, so what exactly was the writer using as a basis of comparison?
Pete's tenue with the Jets and NE may not be overwhelming success, but weren't bad.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I saw one of the NFL Network Analysts give us a C+ because we selected run-blocking OTs and a stud RB, but we are trying to become more of a passing team.

*boggle*

I don't mind us getting a C+ grade. I have us quite a bit higher, but I can respect a well informed C+ grade. But that was just him getting the Seahawks confused with another team...
Which is idiotic since the draft guru's thought these 2 were the best 2 pass blocking tackles in the draft. As if pass blocking was somehow a negative.

Fade

Reaction score
The Tackles can move and get out in space, and are perfect for the outside zone running game they want to implement. Which is also what Kenny Walker is perfect for. It all fits together.

They can now have a screen game as well.

I've been very critical of how this ship has been steered for years, but I think they got this draft right. It won't change much this year, but down the road this class should pay dividends.

They avoided the QBs and improved on the LoS. Exactly what they needed to do.

toffee

Reaction score
The Tackles can move and get out in space, and are perfect for the outside zone running game they want to implement. Which is also what Kenny Walker is perfect for. It all fits together.

They can now have a screen game as well.

I've been very critical of how this ship has been steered for years, but I think they got this draft right. It won't change much this year, but down the road this class should pay dividends.

They avoided the QBs and improved on the LoS. Exactly what they needed to do.
Sounded like this draft impressed you some?