Daayyyammm...Kenneth Walker III

ivotuk

Reaction score
Top 10 Runners of 2022, with a video of K9 and some GREAT runs! Geno runs a lot of interference, but he's smart about it.

What really impresses me, look at the schemes Waldron and our OLine Coach put together. They look complicated, yet amazing, and the players seem to have no problem running those schemes.

Rank 2
Rwdj1bljth8fyojof5dp
Kenneth Walker III
Seattle Seahawks · RB
  • Explosive score: 90
  • 10+ yard runs: 29
  • 10+ pct: 12.7%
  • 15+ mph runs: 57
  • 15+ mph pct: 25%

Walker's arrival in Seattle last season filled a void at running back for Pete Carroll, providing the Seahawks with a reliable, powerful option in the backfield. What might be surprising to some is just how explosive Walker was in 2022.

Walker finished third in explosive score thanks to a stellar big-play résumé. He led all rushers in top speed reached with the ball in his possession at 22.09 mph, tied for third in gains of 10-plus yards over expected (15) and hit 20 mph on four carries on the year (tying for fourth in the category). Walker managed to break 1,000 yards as a rookie with an average of 4.6 yards per carry, adding nine rushing touchdowns in an offense that was surprisingly productive with well-traveled veteran Geno Smith playing quarterback.

Oddly enough, Walker didn't exceed expectation often, but some of that is a product of Seattle scheming and blocking its way to an expected average of 4.2 yards per Walker carry. That will happen when a passing game is finding success, opening up more avenues for a runner to make a difference. Walker certainly did so in 2022.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I’m not sure if posters here are upset cause Seattle picked up some more RBs and think that’s a shot at Walker. It’s really not a shot at Walker at all. Simply put it, it is to ensure Seattle’s run game doesn’t fall off a cliff should Walker be unable to suit up.

Seattle has had a history, history, of RBs hurt and Seattle’s run game is non-existent.

This is to further ensure Seattle is not lost when it comes to capable backs can pick up the role and continue to make the run game a threat.

You need talented depth at all positional groups, otherwise, when your main player goes down and you don’t the depth talent, your season may be wraps.

Not at all a shot at Walker but talented depth will be necessary to further advance and win games when a notable player gets hurt.

Really happy Carroll and Schneider further solidified the running backs depth cause we seen it every single year for like the past decade, Seattle’s RBs are generally banged up a ton in December and January.

Talented RB depth is NEEDED especially how Seattle’s offense moves.

sutz

Reaction score
I’m not sure if posters here are upset cause Seattle picked up some more RBs and think that’s a shot at Walker. It’s really not a shot at Walker at all. Simply put it, it is to ensure Seattle’s run game doesn’t fall off a cliff should Walker be unable to suit up.

Seattle has had a history, history, of RBs hurt and Seattle’s run game is non-existent.

This is to further ensure Seattle is not lost when it comes to capable backs can pick up the role and continue to make the run game a threat.

You need talented depth at all positional groups, otherwise, when your main player goes down and you don’t the depth talent, your season may be wraps.

Not at all a shot at Walker but talented depth will be necessary to further advance and win games when a notable player gets hurt.

Really happy Carroll and Schneider further solidified the running backs depth cause we seen it every single year for like the past decade, Seattle’s RBs are generally banged up a ton in December and January.

Not sure who was saying that, but it would be stupid to think so. IMHO we picked up two pretty good looking RBs that have use regardless of K9's status. After the last few years, I'm actually excited about our RB group this coming season, fingers crossed.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
except.. theirs other areas of concern. Sure it's nice to have 2 great RB' but don't you want to fill your holes first? I don't recall but did need a 2nd RB or did SA need a 2nd? You know, then we drafted another RB.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Honestly, Seattle desperately needed a short yardage back who'll put his shoulders down and pick up a 3rd and 1. Unfortunately, and NO DISRESPECT to K9 but that's not his strength.

He's better suited to bounce it outside and pick up chunks. ZC is the short yardage back.

Sort of like Bush and White at USC.

pmedic920

Reaction score

HELL NO, it’s not a “shot” and even my dumb ass knows it takes a stable of RBs these days.
Hopefully those that believe our additions are a “shot” re-think their stance.

Our history of injuries alone dictates that we keep more than a couple on the roster.

I’m stoked about our potential at offensive this season, RB stable and Receiver corps…..?

Sheeet yea, I’m in.

toffee

Reaction score
Top 10 Runners of 2022, with a video of K9 and some GREAT runs! Geno runs a lot of interference, but he's smart about it.

What really impresses me, look at the schemes Waldron and our OLine Coach put together. They look complicated, yet amazing, and the players seem to have no problem running those schemes.

Rank 2
View attachment 59255
Kenneth Walker III
Seattle Seahawks · RB

Walker's arrival in Seattle last season filled a void at running back for Pete Carroll, providing the Seahawks with a reliable, powerful option in the backfield. What might be surprising to some is just how explosive Walker was in 2022.

Walker finished third in explosive score thanks to a stellar big-play résumé. He led all rushers in top speed reached with the ball in his possession at 22.09 mph, tied for third in gains of 10-plus yards over expected (15) and hit 20 mph on four carries on the year (tying for fourth in the category). Walker managed to break 1,000 yards as a rookie with an average of 4.6 yards per carry, adding nine rushing touchdowns in an offense that was surprisingly productive with well-traveled veteran Geno Smith playing quarterback.

Oddly enough, Walker didn't exceed expectation often, but some of that is a product of Seattle scheming and blocking its way to an expected average of 4.2 yards per Walker carry. That will happen when a passing game is finding success, opening up more avenues for a runner to make a difference. Walker certainly did so in 2022.

But Pete and John took so many shots by media "experts" for drafting a RB in second round.

bsuhawk

Reaction score
except.. theirs other areas of concern. Sure it's nice to have 2 great RB' but don't you want to fill your holes first? I don't recall but did need a 2nd RB or did SA need a 2nd? You know, then we drafted another RB.
The impression I got from an article I read a few weeks ago (sorry...I don't remember where I read it...maybe Seahawks.com?) is that the Hawks were targeting Keeanu Benton with pick 52. However, after he was selected by Pittsburgh (pick 49) the highest rated player on their board by far was Charbonnet. Given this, I have no problem with the selection.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

Rank 2
View attachment 59255
Kenneth Walker III
Seattle Seahawks · RB

Loved me some K9 early in the season - I like the way he attacks the line - I LOVED the shoulder dip and slide. Liked alot of stuff he did.

I like depth. Running back by committee is just fine with me.

And, just to be the typical detractor on demeanor - I would just like to NOT see this again this season. He needs to block. Pretty sure Geno thinks so too:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Walker is a stud and I'll be pleased as punch if Charbonet is a stud too. We survived last season because both Penny and Walker were studs. You need two studs at RB these days. Just like you need 2 studs at WR.

For some reason people think a fleet of RB's is a luxury. For a balanced team, it's a necessity. 17 game season. You need more horses at the tough positions.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
The impression I got from an article I read a few weeks ago (sorry...I don't remember where I read it...maybe Seahawks.com?) is that the Hawks were targeting Keeanu Benton with pick 52. However, after he was selected by Pittsburgh (pick 49) the highest rated player on their board by far was Charbonnet. Given this, I have no problem with the selection.

I believe this is true. I heard that they had a DT(s) targeted, and were surprised by them being picked earlier than expected. I found 3 that I thought may have been targets, but Benton seemed like "The One," as he was rated later in the draft, and I think they were expecting him to be available at 52. IIRC, I saw him ranked between 60 and 92.

Atradees

Reaction score
I think some of the negatives simply come from the fact that K9 was so completely awesome. The Audacity of the FO to act as if we needed to rebuild the RB room. Homers like us saw Penny and T Homer were injured quite often and on the heels of the retirement of Carson. At the same time our defense lost us 4 or 5 games. You pick the best player on the board.