Imagine trading Russ & watch him light it up on another team

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
had2bhawk":1fzc9zvk said:
I'm a Seahawk fan, true blue.

What ever happens with Wilson is fine with me. I've loved the benefits of having him in Seattle and wish him well if he is traded. His pay has created a problem with cap at this time, but he was living with his rookie contract for years. The FO should of seen this coming, the fix was pay him the most money and we'll adjust as we go. This is what we reap.

Age is creeping up on Russ as it is with all. I believe he wants to stay. The day of free agency has affected all these individual all stars. This is a team sport and it's gotta be Hell for players to take the responsibility for losses because of their high paycheck. I'm sure Russ is in this boat. If he wants to remain in Seattle and support our fan base he needs to sit down in the FO and negotiate as he did last year to keep players.

Come on Russ be the bigger man!

Thats why he wasn't a 1st round pick. He wasn't the bigger man!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":1dtxvjgh said:
had2bhawk":1dtxvjgh said:
I'm a Seahawk fan, true blue.

What ever happens with Wilson is fine with me. I've loved the benefits of having him in Seattle and wish him well if he is traded. His pay has created a problem with cap at this time, but he was living with his rookie contract for years. The FO should of seen this coming, the fix was pay him the most money and we'll adjust as we go. This is what we reap.

Age is creeping up on Russ as it is with all. I believe he wants to stay. The day of free agency has affected all these individual all stars. This is a team sport and it's gotta be Hell for players to take the responsibility for losses because of their high paycheck. I'm sure Russ is in this boat. If he wants to remain in Seattle and support our fan base he needs to sit down in the FO and negotiate as he did last year to keep players.

Come on Russ be the bigger man!

Thats why he wasn't a 1st round pick. He wasn't the bigger man!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That’s what she said

Ba da bum.

Elemas

Reaction score
But Russ needs a run game, an o-line, and a good defense.

Wait…my bad. 32 teams need this as well.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3353blbt said:
MyrtleHawk":3353blbt said:
Okay, and now imagine trading Russ for multiple 1st rounders & watch him have the same issues he has here on another team.

Spongebob squarepants spongebob
Agreed.

I do not believe Wilson has the ability to lead a team to the Super Bowl if it isn’t absolutely stacked.

Wilson, like it or not, does not shred defenses with his passing.

After the Patriots Super Bowl, Seattle has gotten worse in these areas:

OL, DL, DB, and RB.

Without these position groups playing as well, Wilson cannot lead the team as well as he could.

If Seattle is stacked in these areas, yes, he could but the problem isn’t just Wilson, it’s just bad management.

Failed drafts ultimately have been the downfall of Seattle.

Do I believe Wilson has evolved into a better pocket passer? Yes and no.

Yes because he’s a vet QB that has seen all defensive game plans by now but because the offensive line and his run game isn’t elite anymore, teams don’t respect Seattle’s run game and they know the offense lives and dies with Wilson.

If you take the 2021 Wilson and put him on the 2012 Seahawks, Seattle could still win the Super Bowl.

If you take the 2012 Wilson and put him on the 2021 Seahawks, Seattle definitely wouldn’t win.

Bottom line, Wilson is only as good as the pieces around him.

The Seahawks has to be loaded for Wilson to win a Super Bowl.

If Wilson is to win a Super Bowl with another team, that team needs to absolutely be already loaded everywhere but QB. And then Wilson can take them over the top.
WITH Wilson, the Seahawks are ALWAYS "In The Conversation", The Seahawks without Wilson...There is no "Conversation"

John63

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":1lft0l6z said:
I love him, but he still needs a D that can get off the field, and a run game that can eat the clock. It's the truth for this team under Pete.

ahh pretty much what every QB Needs just using PC system we need it more. That is not a Wilson issue that is a PC issue

John63

Reaction score
MyrtleHawk":2uae73dx said:
Okay, and now imagine trading Russ for multiple 1st rounders & watch him have the same issues he has here on another team.

Yeah not likely, we have seen what Wilson can do when he is not handcuffed.

John63

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2mo80qae said:
MyrtleHawk":2mo80qae said:

Agreed.

I do not believe Wilson has the ability to lead a team to the Super Bowl if it isn’t absolutely stacked.

Wilson, like it or not, does not shred defenses with his passing.

After the Patriots Super Bowl, Seattle has gotten worse in these areas:

OL, DL, DB, and RB.

Without these position groups playing as well, Wilson cannot lead the team as well as he could.

If Seattle is stacked in these areas, yes, he could but the problem isn’t just Wilson, it’s just bad management.

Failed drafts ultimately have been the downfall of Seattle.

Do I believe Wilson has evolved into a better pocket passer? Yes and no.

Yes because he’s a vet QB that has seen all defensive game plans by now but because the offensive line and his run game isn’t elite anymore, teams don’t respect Seattle’s run game and they know the offense lives and dies with Wilson.

If you take the 2021 Wilson and put him on the 2012 Seahawks, Seattle could still win the Super Bowl.

If you take the 2012 Wilson and put him on the 2021 Seahawks, Seattle definitely wouldn’t win.

Bottom line, Wilson is only as good as the pieces around him.

The Seahawks has to be loaded for Wilson to win a Super Bowl.

If Wilson is to win a Super Bowl with another team, that team needs to absolutely be already loaded everywhere but QB. And then Wilson can take them over the top.

You described every QB in the league. No QB has ever taken a bottom run game and defense and won an SB they all had help.

LoyalRam

Reaction score
MyrtleHawk":6s3kk663 said:
massari":6s3kk663 said:
MyrtleHawk":6s3kk663 said:
Why would teams give up multiple 1sts for a QB in his mid 30's that has so many issues?

Bloggers have figured out he has lost his mobility, can't produce from the pocket and needs an elite run game to have any sort of success, so I'm assuming GMs have come to this conclusion as well.

2nd rounder for Wilson if we're lucky

Rams traded 2 firsts and a 3rd for Stafford, anything can happen. Do you think Stafford is better than Wilson?
Yes. I really do.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
LoyalRam":zcsgqo5p said:
MyrtleHawk":zcsgqo5p said:
massari":zcsgqo5p said:
MyrtleHawk":zcsgqo5p said:
Why would teams give up multiple 1sts for a QB in his mid 30's that has so many issues?

Bloggers have figured out he has lost his mobility, can't produce from the pocket and needs an elite run game to have any sort of success, so I'm assuming GMs have come to this conclusion as well.

Rams traded 2 firsts and a 3rd for Stafford, anything can happen. Do you think Stafford is better than Wilson?
Yes. I really do.

MyrtleHawk, ya had to see that coming!

John63

Reaction score
LoyalRam":6lqmljjx said:
MyrtleHawk":6lqmljjx said:
massari":6lqmljjx said:
MyrtleHawk":6lqmljjx said:

Yes. I really do.

well lets look a tit

Wilson most wins in first

Now
Strafford yearly avg

3845 yards
17 tds
12 ints
1.4 td/int
91 passer rating
63 complt %
525 attempts
7.3 ypa
95 rushing yard
1 rush td

Wilson yearly avg
3706 Yards
29 tds
8 ints
3.6 tds/int
101.8 passer
65 complete %
473 attempts
7.8 ypa
469 rush yards
2 tds

Yeah sorry, Wilson is better in every (except Yards ) category and did so with fewer attempts per year.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
had2bhawk":3nwvgsdu said:
LoyalRam":3nwvgsdu said:
MyrtleHawk":3nwvgsdu said:
massari":3nwvgsdu said:

Yes. I really do.

MyrtleHawk, ya had to see that coming!

Yep, saw it coming but also knew it was only a matter of time for John to do the heavy lifting. He didn't let me down.

John63":3nwvgsdu said:
Now
Strafford yearly avg

3845 yards
17 tds
12 ints
1.4 td/int
91 passer rating
63 complt %
525 attempts
7.3 ypa
95 rushing yard
1 rush td

Wilson yearly avg
3706 Yards
29 tds
8 ints
3.6 tds/int
101.8 passer
65 complete %
473 attempts
7.8 ypa
469 rush yards
2 tds

Yeah sorry, Wilson is better in every (except Yards ) category and did so with fewer attempts per year.

In all honesty though, I'm not sure we will know how Wilson will be until we see him on another team. I was just being a smartass to the OP in my original post :p

LoyalRam

Reaction score
John63":2gaa91yt said:
LoyalRam":2gaa91yt said:
MyrtleHawk":2gaa91yt said:
massari":2gaa91yt said:

Yes. I really do.

well lets look a tit

Now
Strafford yearly avg

3845 yards
17 tds
12 ints
1.4 td/int
91 passer rating
63 complt %
525 attempts
7.3 ypa
95 rushing yard
1 rush td

Wilson yearly avg
3706 Yards
29 tds
8 ints
3.6 tds/int
101.8 passer
65 complete %
473 attempts
7.8 ypa
469 rush yards
2 tds

No.
You can point to old Legion of Boom era stats if you want, or Stafford's Lion's era stats...both are about as meaningful.

Stafford was a critical piece on winning a Super Bowl this year and RW's team didn't make the playoffs. For all of Russ' winning, he still only has one Super Bowl win of two. Stafford's won every Super Bowl he's been in, Stafford threw a fade route on the one yard line to win the Super Bowl, and Russ threw a pass on the one yard line to lose a Super Bowl....
I'll take Stafford.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's cute. Stafford over Russ? You're not supposed to drink the bong water.
I think you should be sending flowers to the Ref who magically decided to FINALLY call holding......on a ticky tack "hold"

GO HAWKS

John63

Reaction score
LoyalRam":xl8haa5g said:
John63":xl8haa5g said:
LoyalRam":xl8haa5g said:
MyrtleHawk":xl8haa5g said:
Yes. I really do.

well lets look a tit

Now
Strafford yearly avg

3845 yards
17 tds
12 ints
1.4 td/int
91 passer rating
63 complt %
525 attempts
7.3 ypa
95 rushing yard
1 rush td

Wilson yearly avg
3706 Yards
29 tds
8 ints
3.6 tds/int
101.8 passer
65 complete %
473 attempts
7.8 ypa
469 rush yards
2 tds

No.
You can point to old Legion of Boom era stats if you want, or Stafford's Lion's era stats...both are about as meaningful.

Stafford was a critical piece on winning a Super Bowl this year and RW's team didn't make the playoffs. For all of Russ' winning, he still only has one Super Bowl win of two. Stafford's won every Super Bowl he's been in, Stafford threw a fade route on the one yard line to win the Super Bowl, and Russ threw a pass on the one yard line to lose a Super Bowl....
I'll take Stafford.

LOL so let me get this straight your only reason for taking Stafford over Wilson is because he won every SB he has been in? Well if that si the case then you would take Stafford over, Brady, Montana. Under your premise then Trent Dilfer is one of the best ever to play the game. how laughable. please you take Stafford, it only took him going on perhaps the most stacked team in the league to even get there. eh has an 89 passer rating and 2 ints, throwing to the best Wr in the game right now. Thanks for the laugh.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
It sure is strange, initially I was not a fan of RW. He is an improved version of Brett Favre and I'm not sure we have ever seen his full blown talent for ad lib and evasion. The magic comes by finding ways to win, unplanned and unscripted, he's at his best. Most of us can remember what it was like watching Brett but RW isn't as reckless. I still wonder what it would have looked like with his reigns off. Making him a pocket passer is a mistake, he should roll out on every passing play.

RW has legitimately carried this team since the end of LOB, yeah, winning is nice but so are higher draft picks.

The writing is on the wall, If we don't trade RW it will continue like it has until he is no longer a top QB and unable to work his magic. It's been fun but now is the time.

LoyalRam

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1akxafjn said:
That's cute. Stafford over Russ? You're not supposed to drink the bong water.
I think you should be sending flowers to the Ref who magically decided to FINALLY call holding......on a ticky tack "hold"

GO HAWKS

Or not calling an obvious facemask penalty resulting in the only TD in the 2nd half for the Bungles? Don't get it twisted, the Rams legitimately won the Super Bowl.
1. Stafford
2. Russ
3. Generic Niner QB
4. The Card Midget

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, let's ignore the absolute MUGGING by Ramsey (who got totally outplayed in the SB) in the end zone on 3rd down, first Cincy drive. Nice try.
Instead of 1st and goal, they have to settle for 3.

F the Rams, period. This is a SEAHAWKS board. Not a make excuses for the Rams board.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I'll be so happy watching Russ light it up elsewhere, for the same reason I was happy to see Alex Collins run crazy for the Ravens, even though I like both players for the Hawks.