I’m callin it, Brock Purdy is him

Marvin49

Reaction score
Cracks me up....

Dude had a perfect passer rating yesterday. He has a CAREER passer rating of 112.2.

...and all I'm seeing from talking heads on TV is that he's good but not great. He has to be good with no other talent for them to accept it.

...as if Joe Montana didn't have Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Roger Craig, etc. As if Steve Young didn't have Jerry Rice, Terrell Owens, Brent Jones, Ricky Watters, etc. As if Kurt Warner didn't have Marshall Faulk, Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt, etc.

Dude has a QB rating over 150 over the past two weeks...something that has NEVER happened in history.

Are they telling me that no QB has EVER had the talent level of the 49ers skill positions? That seems like a tall hill to climb to simply want to discredit a guy. There is this narrative that he's just dumping the ball off and guys are doing everything with RAC. That is absolutely false.

I know most people on this site won't care. Its all good. It's really less about how good he is or isn't and its more about really getting an eye opening look at what national "analysts" actually know. I'm convinced they don't actually watch the games.

I mean...

#1 Quarterback Rating - 115.1
#1 QBR - 77.1
#1 Completion Percentage - 70.2%
#1 TD % - 6.5%
#1 Passing Success Rate - 56.3%
#1 YPA - 9.7
#1 AY/A - 10.2
#1 Y/C - 13.8
#1 NY/A - 8.6
#1 ANY/A - 9.05

What on earth are these guys watching?

Just take notice when national media bloviates on a topic you guys DO care about.

Last edited:

49ersNFCWsBest

Reaction score
He's surrounded by some of the best-at-their-positions players... like McCaffrey, Deebo, Kittle and Williams... plus, Aiyuk and Juszczyk are too bad as well.

When he's missing two or three of the above, he reverts back to just being a 7th round draft pick. Prove me wrong.
You are hilarious because outside of McCaffrey , Jimmy G had those same players and Jimmy rarely ever had the 49ers scoring more then 24 points a game. Every win under Jimmy G was a nail biter. Jimmy brought FG while Purdy closes with TDs.

Oh and let's not get this wrong. Jimmy had a very good running game at his side but still failed to produce the numbers Purdy is putting up.

I really don't care if you think Purdy is legit. Just know that a 7th round Draft pick will be putting up many W's against the Seahawks for many seasons while your franchise continues to look for thier own MR IRRELEVANT .

Reaction score
So much for the argument that he is only playing well because of the players around him…

He is 1st in average air yards per catch (9.6 yards per pass), and only 48% of his passing yardage comes after the catch which is less than the past three MVPs.

IMG 1643

Purdy does not have the strongest arm, but he is smart. Really smart. He sees the field well, and he processes very fast.

Hate all you want. I call it jealousy (not necessarily the people here, I’m talking about his doubters everywhere).

Reaction score
Then there is the argument that he is in a system that any QB will be successful in. Thats clearly not true. If that was the case then how do you explain of C.J. Beathard, Brian Hoyer, Blaine Gabbert, Nick Mullins, and Trey Lance? None of then were successful, yet its a plug and play system at QB?

Sure Brock ended up in a great system, if you already have the what it takes. Otherwise you will be good but not great, like Garoppolo.

Brock Purdy has a lot to learn, but that is someone scary because he has only started 17 regular season games and his progression is evident from one game to the next.

bileever

Reaction score
I know most people on this site won't care. Its all good. It's really less about how good he is or isn't and its more about really getting an eye opening look at what national "analysts" actually know. I'm convinced they don't actually watch the games.

I mean...

#1 Quarterback Rating - 115.1
#1 QBR - 77.1
#1 Completion Percentage - 70.2%
#1 TD % - 6.5%
#1 Passing Success Rate - 56.3%
#1 YPA - 9.7
#1 AY/A - 10.2
#1 Y/C - 13.8
#1 NY/A - 8.6
#1 ANY/A - 9.05

What on earth are these guys watching?

Just take notice when national media bloviates on a topic you guys DO care about.
I do care about this. Unfortunately for us, it does look like Brock Purdy is the real thing. It's hard to deny at this point. Even his injury and subsequent surgery has not slowed him up in any way. I was hoping against hope that Purdy was a flash in the pan, but I now have to admit that he's a top tier QB.

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
Purdy fits the team Shanalynch have built maybe as well as any QB could, pocket elusiveness (shaky pass blocking), great situational awareness (keeps his eyes downfield, often makes correct read), willing to take the riskier deep route, great accuracy up to to medium deep routes, just great execution all around. Not sure how he would do in a different situation but would easily a huge upgrade to the Garopollos in the world on on any team.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
THeyve mentioned MVP on tv.. must be something there.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
OH, and it's not about his weapons he has available.. hell Seahawks have weapons, but it doesn't matter becaus.. it's all about the protection Purdy has it.. Smith doesn't. What happened when WIlliams was out for those 3 games?

Reaction score
OH, and it's not about his weapons he has available.. hell Seahawks have weapons, but it doesn't matter becaus.. it's all about the protection Purdy has it.. Smith doesn't. What happened when WIlliams was out for those 3 games?

The Niners O Line is bottom 10 and ranked 21st.

Outside of TW our O line is not great. Purdy plays well when pressured and blitzed.

94Smith

Reaction score
Pass blocking on the niners o line is not great. Yes the left side is all world but Burford and McKivitz on the right side are not great at all. I think there was a clean pocket stat that showed Purdy threw from a clean pocket the 4th least in the league. I’ll find it

Last edited:

94Smith

Reaction score
Watching the Philly game, brock has no where near the same amount of time as Jalen Hurts. hurts had like 5 seconds to find someone multiple times in the game. And, he couldn’t find people open . Last time I checked , 49ers secondary is only middle of the road in terms of coverage

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Watching the Philly game, brock has no where near the same amount of time as Jalen Hurts. hurts had like 5 seconds to find someone multiple times in the game. And, he couldn’t find people open . Last time I checked , 49ers secondary is only middle of the road in terms of coverage
OK, but, he looked like he had all sorts of time.. IDK

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Brock Purdy is relatively young, and hasn't yet been exposed to repeated violent hits leading to concussions. I suppose partly because of his ability to quickly find open receivers and get the ball away.

I sincerely wish him a healthy and short career as an NFL quarterback.

Marvin49

Reaction score

So...there is a reason for that.

Robbie Gould last year said something he shouldn't, but its a key to what we saw on Sunday:

"If you make Jalen Hurts play QB, you're probably going to have a pretty solid day on defense".

He was laughed at and...lets be real...kickers probably shouldn't comment.

However, what he said is telling in the way the 49ers played him.

The 49ers mush rushed him. IE, they collapsed the pocket and didn't leave him room to escape. He had so much time because the DE's weren't trying to fly past him and were trying to keep him in front of them. Thats why they had a ludicrous number of pressures but only 3 sacks...and all three were by DTs who hadn't recorded on all season (Kinlaw) or EVER (Davis).

Said Nick Bosa:

“It was definitely an assignment-focused game,” said 49ers defensive end Nick Bosa. “We had to make Jalen focus on the rush instead of looking downfield and we knew that was the key to the game. So our whole mentality was: we’re not trying to set the record on sacks. We’re trying to close the pocket, we’re trying to get his eyes on us.”

THATS why Jalen had all day to throw....but its also why he didn't kill them throwing on the run or running downfield.

I'm sure Seattle will take note of this in a few weeks.