I’m callin it, Brock Purdy is him

Weadoption

Reaction score
some hopium going on here to be sure, but 4.5 months and the kid is back at it, the work ethic, saying all the right things and carrying himself like a pro, a seventh round angel from football heaven.
hats off to this kids parents

IMG 0491

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
He had a nice little run but whoa Nelly let’s pull the reigns back a little. His arm is mid tier. He’s in a quarterback friendly system and if he gets hit he gets shaken up buddy. Can he sustain success in a full 17 game season? I doubt it. Reminds me of a cross between Colt McCoy and Brady Quinn

Seattle Person

Reaction score
How many hims or hers do we need to throw around. Doesn't it lose its mystic if anyone that is doing anything is 'him' or 'her'?

I know it's a figure of speech but I'm pushing back! I'm the 'him' of this movement. I'll die alone on this mountain.

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
The slobbering of this man being Tom Brady with a bigger team around him is HILARIOUS.

I CANNOT wait for this season. I know we are homers.. but theres no way we would be slobbering over PUrdy this way... its almost commical
And yet you slobbered over Russell Wilson that way and are currently slobbering over Geno Smith that way.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Purdy's no different from any of the slappy's the Niners have been running out at QB for a long time, mediocre QB's who get bailed out and don't have to perform at even an above average level because they play with the best defense in the league and elite skill players around them.

Dude's got a limp noodle for an arm, and yeah he's got some moxie. But once that defense takes a step back, which will probably be this year? Purdy's gonna throw up all over himself once he's forced to make throws and win games, rather than what's been asked of him so far, just don't screw up.

bileever

Reaction score
I sure hope defensive coordinators around the league figure out what Purdy's Kryptonite is this year.

If Purdy has a year like last year, the 49ers will be very, very good--definitely Super Bowl contenders. If you extrapolate his stats over a 17-game season, he would have had 4700 yards passing and 44 TD passes. He would have been second to Mahomes in yards, and would have had more TDs than Mahomes.

I hate to say it because I love an underdog story, but I'm rooting for him to fail. Or at least be just ordinary.

toffee

Reaction score
some hopium going on here to be sure, but 4.5 months and the kid is back at it, the work ethic, saying all the right things and carrying himself like a pro, a seventh round angel from football heaven.
hats off to this kids parents

View attachment 59961

Looked like he came from a nice family, good looking parents:

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Kittle echoes what we already know. That SB window is basically slammed shut already due to the Trey Lance debacle. Miami fleeced the crap out of John Lynch and the Fins are now loaded. On the flip side is you got a 49er team struggling to tread water that could’ve used those first round draft picks to reload

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
This is for you, @FrodosFinger: Trey Lance says he don't care if he's QB3:

Trey Lance probably doesn't care if he is competing with Darnold to hold the clipboard. But you know who DOES, or, at the very least, SHOULD care? Shanny and Lynch aka the Dynamic Duo that gave up all of that capital to draft him. It has to suck something serious to hear anything less than "I'm here to compete and anything less than the starting job is completely unacceptable!"

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
No one is slobbering over Geno Smith. If we're lucky, he's Rich Gannon with a better arm. And Wilson won a ring. Get back to me when Purdy has the jewelry.
Exactly. We know what we have with Geno and could care less what people think. We know he has limitations but he also has a damn good arm. We don’t try to make him out to be something he’s not. He can win in this league and be very effective in this offense.