Houston Astros @ Seattle Mariners May 26-30 (updated again)...

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
But can it get better? I suppose it depends in large part on whether the two Mitches and Polanco can return to their previous form.

As much as I hated to lose Geno, that hasn't turned out to be too bad, letting him go:

View attachment 66291

I think we miss Teoscar Hernandez more. Here's a comparison of the corner outfielders we lost vs. the ones we have:

View attachment 66292

We were never going to outbid the Dodgers for Teoscar anyway, with him getting $23.5 million a year.
Good points but Teo said he couldnt pick the ball up at Tmobile

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Well, we out lasted them. ;)

Yeah, the Bliss thing was a little curious. Wanted a right handed bat, obviously, but was he the only rightie available? Oh well, give the kid a chance to be a hero. All things considered, he had a decent AB, going all the way to 3-2 on it after being down 0-2.

We're getting to near ownership status over the 'Stros now. 4-1 this season, and won both series so far. (y)

Still way early, but we're actually developing a bit of separation in the division race.

Nice small ball in the 10th. Canzone with the long bunt to the right side to move Clase over. Good plate discipline to load the bases, and JP with the long fly to score Clase from 3d.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I was alright with it. Rojas and Raley have cooled off. Thing is PH'ing overall has been awful with this team for a long time. Santana was huge PH for us in 2022. And yes this team misses Teo. Suarez probably wouldn't have made a difference on this team but Teo definitely. M's now have the best record in 1 run games. Go Seattle Pitchers!

Last edited:
OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Quick note on Kirby. Was impressed with his pitch selection tonight. Wasn't just tossing fastballs down the pike. Especially early in counts, using more off-speed and breaking pitches. Let's hope that catches on with the other guys. Sometimes you have to throw crap pitches out of the zone. Sure, you want to start 0-1, but 1-0 is not a disaster for the AB.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
I was alright with it. Rojas and Raley have cooled off. Thing is PH'ing overall has been awful with this team for a long time. Santana was huge PH for us in 2022. And yes this team misses Teo. Suarez probably wouldn't have made a difference on this team but Teo definitely. M's now have the best record in 1 run games. Go Seattle Pitchers!
Careful, now. You are borderline close to saying something nice about the team. :LOL:

Hawker

Reaction score
Let's sweep em today 💪

P.S. old man Verlander still owns the Mariners. It's infuriating.

NoGain

Reaction score
In the new ESPN power rankings the Mariners are ranked 9th. I love this first line in their summary..."The Mariners are in first place in the AL West even though they really aren't that great at anything." They're talking primarily about offense, but still a bad first line.

Either the Mariners are going to eventually buckle under the strain of having to win games with so little run support, or their hitters are going to coillectively start producing more. Thank heaven we're playing in a weak division, at least so far.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Hilarious! I see it's immediately followed by "At least that's true when you look at positional breakdowns" but I agree, terrible way to open the write-up on the M's. Edit: But aren't pitchers also "positional"? Edit 2: It'll be interesting to see how they try to explain the M's in the coming weeks if the M's continue to win.

Last edited:

Ruminator

Reaction score
So the score is 3-0 now. Here's where we start hacking away and barely win, 4-3, to ensure our season run differential is still in the red. Better yet, we ought to go ahead and just lose this one.

Latest posts