Graham Pissed @ Bevell?

flmmkrz

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":i8koarjk said:
Didn't we already see stats posted that show the Hawks are scoring more in the first half than the second half? (by ratio, if not in totality which especially on the road is down)

we know stats can be misleading, against a half decent team the first half results aren't impressive and you know it. Padding numbers against the jets and carolina and the niners can paint a different picture than what is normally seen. We have a reputation as a 2nd half team for a reason.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
^ In this case the stats were significant. I remember, because I took the time to find and then posted that mike-drop in a whiners thread titled something like 'What happened to second-half adjustments?'

First-half scoring is better this year than second-half - ratio wise. Much better than in past years, when yes slower starts was true.

mrblitz

Reaction score
while wilson has regained most of his mobility lost from early season injuries, it looks like the upper-body injury (was it week 2?) might have lingered, and could be the cause of his ongoing inaccuracies. with his accuracy off like it is, it seems like there's something going on with his shoulder or somesuch.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":31t38nn8 said:
^ In this case the stats were significant. I remember, because I took the time to find and then posted that mike-drop in a whiners thread titled something like 'What happened to second-half adjustments?'

First-half scoring is better this year than second-half - ratio wise. Much better than in past years, when yes slower starts was true.

Much better than past years.

False.

2013 Hawks 1st half and 2nd half scoring was the same = 12.7 points.

This year's (2016) first half scoring avg. comes in at 12.3 per game. Last year it was 11.4.

The problem is then in the 2nd half it drops to 9.4 per game - near the bottom of the league.

Much more inconsistent, and with a less dominant defense = increasing player and fan (and likely coaches) frustration.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
mrblitz":2ktce4xs said:
while wilson has regained most of his mobility lost from early season injuries, it looks like the upper-body injury (was it week 2?) might have lingered, and could be the cause of his ongoing inaccuracies. with his accuracy off like it is, it seems like there's something going on with his shoulder or somesuch.

Considered that.

He was slower in Training Camp too, though. Bigger, and slower. Looked like he added at least another 10-15 pounds, and on a 5-9 frame, that makes a big difference in overall speed.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":16xygxi3 said:
Seriously, I'd be happy to watch us spend all three of our first draft picks on OL.

That might or might not be any improvement. Rookie OLinemen aren't guarantees any more than Ifedi and Glowinski were, especially when Pete is having Bevell call long-developing plays that require the most out of them.

Hawks46

Reaction score
The question for me is really this is it Bevell's play calling or is it Russ not targetting Graham ?

I was getting pissed and hollering at the TV to throw it the big kid, then he goes for 40 yards and runs 3 guys over for a TD. No kidding.

As for keeping him in to block, if Bevell is doing that, he should be gone. We drafted Nick Vanett because he was the best blocking TE in college according to Pete and John. Yet we won't put him in to block and split Jimmy out. Hell, put 2 TE's on that side, use Jimmy to chip someone, keep Vanett in to block and give Russ that much extra time.

Graham has been targeted 13 times in the red zone since he's been here in Seattle. That's ludicrous.

It seems incongruous to think it's Pete. Pete was trumpeting that the entire reason we got Graham was to get better in the red zone specifically. This was also right after the SB debacle at the goal line. I can't imagine that Pete is ok with not getting Graham the ball in the red zone, conversely it's not like Pete doesn't notice it either. I honestly don't get it.

As for him being subdued after his TD, we were in the process of getting our ass kicked. We'd been getting our ass kicked badly on offense all day at that point. He probably wasn't feeling too celebratory and was more workman like.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Hawks46":3rb11xw0 said:
The question for me is really this is it Bevell's play calling or is it Russ not targetting Graham ?

I was getting pissed and hollering at the TV to throw it the big kid, then he goes for 40 yards and runs 3 guys over for a TD. No kidding.

As for keeping him in to block, if Bevell is doing that, he should be gone. We drafted Nick Vanett because he was the best blocking TE in college according to Pete and John. Yet we won't put him in to block and split Jimmy out. Hell, put 2 TE's on that side, use Jimmy to chip someone, keep Vanett in to block and give Russ that much extra time.

Graham has been targeted 13 times in the red zone since he's been here in Seattle. That's ludicrous.

It seems incongruous to think it's Pete. Pete was trumpeting that the entire reason we got Graham was to get better in the red zone specifically. This was also right after the SB debacle at the goal line. I can't imagine that Pete is ok with not getting Graham the ball in the red zone, conversely it's not like Pete doesn't notice it either. I honestly don't get it.

As for him being subdued after his TD, we were in the process of getting our ass kicked. We'd been getting our ass kicked badly on offense all day at that point. He probably wasn't feeling too celebratory and was more workman like.
---------------

The 13 red zone targets is very telling and I agree, makes no sense. Someone is at fault.

As for JG's attitude following his most recent TD - he was definitely throwing some shade someone's way, and given the ongoing situation, it is reasonable to assume it was Bevell that attitude was directed at.