A few prospects I'm keen on as possible Seahawks

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

This is from a mock simulator. I generally do these quite a bit and try out different trades - not because the trade model is realistic, but because picking from different selections forces me to evaluate different boards and cycle through researching prospects at each juncture. This is better, for me, than just going down a big board and throwing darts at it to see who I'll watch. These simulators are an exercise in learning the class top to bottom, and formatting that as an exercise where you're actually making the draft decisions really pushes you to get a feel for the board.

I won't touch too much on Johnny Newton or Joe Milton. Those guys are pretty high profile.

Junior Colson fits what we're looking to do. He's about as close to a classic linebacker as you'll get in this draft, but he's not a dinosaur. He's got speed, can tackle, and is savvy in coverage. Can carry routes when he needs to. Already familiar with Mac.

Marshawn Kneeland is a prospect they've already met with. Kneeland is a guy I think a lot of teams will want to keep low-profile but is coveted. He's that scheme versatile type of dude every team could use. We're talking a really thick 270 with decent enough length who can play inside and out. He can rush from 2, 3, or 4pt stances and is a plus in run defense. You need that type of chess piece on your line. He'd potentially have a Clowney-esque type of role over time.

Mike Sainristil has future stud nickel back written all over him. He's agile, he's scrappy, he's a bit short but with pretty solid arm/wingspan length, and again, already familiar with Mac. This is one of the guys I see as a very likely pick for us, and he fills a need. Makes too much sense.

Malik Washington is special. He is really, really, really underrated. Not a burner, but he's agile and extremely productive. His obvious comp is Deebo - his YAC ability is downright special. He reaches near top speed extremely suddenly, making him a fantastic fit for WR screens. He finds the soft spots in zone and I absolutely cannot explain the way he evades tackles. He just bounces off of them. Befuddles defenders. I feel strongly about him.

LaDarius Henderson is a questionable prospect. He's sloppy, but he's got a lot of play experience and his physicality is enticing. Ideal body for guard and has the length to be a swing tackle. I see him as a Jamarco Jones type of pick, and we kind of need a Jamarco type with Abe's knee and a lack of guard depth. He needs coaching but in the fifth round, I'm looking for potential and depth, not immediate starters.

Tip Reiman is 6'5", 270, runs a 4.64 with a 1.55 10yd split, has good agility testing, put up 28 reps on the bench, and he blocks like a son of a bitch. The pass game upside is limited unless he takes a big step in that regard, but you're getting a minimum of a depth tight end who can block his ass off. That's a sixth rounder who can contribute immediately, especially if you're utilizing 21/12/13 personnel. Adept Y tight end who could improve any of those personnel groups day 1 and blocks well both inline and out of the backfield. Tip Reiman is a tight end, but he's a pick more for the run game than the passing attack. Retain a tight end, draft a tight end, sign a tight end. That's my take.

Sincere Haynesworth is an undersized center for Tulane. Either 6'1" or 6'2". Fifth year senior who did a lot well for the Green Wave. He's smart, savvy, a leader, a guy with a great work ethic, and is well-respected. I'd love to bring him in because I've liked the limited film I've watched of him. There's some possible upside there.

12forlife

Reaction score
Solid draft. No QB? I'm a Michigan fan so no issue if we took Mike Sainristil, but I think they should look saftey at that pick?

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Solid draft. No QB? I'm a Michigan fan so no issue if we took Mike Sainristil, but I think they should look saftey at that pick?
Just Milton, which was more of a "I dunno, just take a quarterback somewhere" type of pick than an actual "this is the next franchise guy" pick. This is a very weird draft given that I went 4 consecutive defenders, 5 consecutive offensive prospects.

I don't know if this is how it actually goes. I was moreso just looking to get a collection of what I see as likely targets (the fifth through seventh is just spitballing) for Seattle under the new regime. If JS likes a QB and can get him, I'd assume he snags him first.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Washington is impressive. Runs like a rb after he catches the ball. Possible Lockette replacement? Not sure Milton is worth a pick. Great arm, low ceiling guy. Likely career backup qb at best, but Maybe could get better. Maybe.

12forlife

Reaction score
Just Milton, which was more of a "I dunno, just take a quarterback somewhere" type of pick than an actual "this is the next franchise guy" pick. This is a very weird draft given that I went 4 consecutive defenders, 5 consecutive offensive prospects.

I don't know if this is how it actually goes. I was moreso just looking to get a collection of what I see as likely targets (the fifth through seventh is just spitballing) for Seattle under the new regime. If JS likes a QB and can get him, I'd assume he snags him first.
Yeah hard saying how they draft this year with so many holes to fill, plus needing a QBOTF. I have a feeling though with the cap room created they will target "their guys" in FA like Stone & Queen, and hopefully resign Williams. I could see us suring up the interior Oline early in the draft. Like a trade down, and drafting JPJ or Barton?

Wsumatt1982

Reaction score
Washington is impressive. Runs like a rb after he catches the ball. Possible Lockette replacement? Not sure Milton is worth a pick. Great arm, low ceiling guy. Likely career backup qb at best, but Maybe could get better. Maybe.
Just to be THAT guy. I think we replaced Lockette a long time ago. We are past looking for his replacement.

I do know who you meant and I would like Washington as his replacement. I’m not sold on Milton but he is nothing more than a backup who hopefully never sees the field.

I do really like this draft by the OP. This is the most exciting part of the year, to me at least.

Love colson and newton. I do like Henderson and Sainristil as well. Solid mock for sure

hawkfan68

Reaction score
View attachment 65410

This is from a mock simulator. I generally do these quite a bit and try out different trades - not because the trade model is realistic, but because picking from different selections forces me to evaluate different boards and cycle through researching prospects at each juncture. This is better, for me, than just going down a big board and throwing darts at it to see who I'll watch. These simulators are an exercise in learning the class top to bottom, and formatting that as an exercise where you're actually making the draft decisions really pushes you to get a feel for the board.

I won't touch too much on Johnny Newton or Joe Milton. Those guys are pretty high profile.

Junior Colson fits what we're looking to do. He's about as close to a classic linebacker as you'll get in this draft, but he's not a dinosaur. He's got speed, can tackle, and is savvy in coverage. Can carry routes when he needs to. Already familiar with Mac.

Marshawn Kneeland is a prospect they've already met with. Kneeland is a guy I think a lot of teams will want to keep low-profile but is coveted. He's that scheme versatile type of dude every team could use. We're talking a really thick 270 with decent enough length who can play inside and out. He can rush from 2, 3, or 4pt stances and is a plus in run defense. You need that type of chess piece on your line. He'd potentially have a Clowney-esque type of role over time.

Mike Sainristil has future stud nickel back written all over him. He's agile, he's scrappy, he's a bit short but with pretty solid arm/wingspan length, and again, already familiar with Mac. This is one of the guys I see as a very likely pick for us, and he fills a need. Makes too much sense.

Malik Washington is special. He is really, really, really underrated. Not a burner, but he's agile and extremely productive. His obvious comp is Deebo - his YAC ability is downright special. He reaches near top speed extremely suddenly, making him a fantastic fit for WR screens. He finds the soft spots in zone and I absolutely cannot explain the way he evades tackles. He just bounces off of them. Befuddles defenders. I feel strongly about him.

LaDarius Henderson is a questionable prospect. He's sloppy, but he's got a lot of play experience and his physicality is enticing. Ideal body for guard and has the length to be a swing tackle. I see him as a Jamarco Jones type of pick, and we kind of need a Jamarco type with Abe's knee and a lack of guard depth. He needs coaching but in the fifth round, I'm looking for potential and depth, not immediate starters.

Tip Reiman is 6'5", 270, runs a 4.64 with a 1.55 10yd split, has good agility testing, put up 28 reps on the bench, and he blocks like a son of a bitch. The pass game upside is limited unless he takes a big step in that regard, but you're getting a minimum of a depth tight end who can block his ass off. That's a sixth rounder who can contribute immediately, especially if you're utilizing 21/12/13 personnel. Adept Y tight end who could improve any of those personnel groups day 1 and blocks well both inline and out of the backfield. Tip Reiman is a tight end, but he's a pick more for the run game than the passing attack. Retain a tight end, draft a tight end, sign a tight end. That's my take.

Sincere Haynesworth is an undersized center for Tulane. Either 6'1" or 6'2". Fifth year senior who did a lot well for the Green Wave. He's smart, savvy, a leader, a guy with a great work ethic, and is well-respected. I'd love to bring him in because I've liked the limited film I've watched of him. There's some possible upside there.

Good choices. Malik Washington reminds me a bit of Doug Baldwin or Golden Tate if his play translates well to NFL. Looks like he could be that type of player.

Chawker

Reaction score
Spending a 4th round pick on a slot WR when we have Lockett and JSN, this is a not the way to mange a team.

If you are hell bent on drafting a WR look at Javon Baker. But the way our roster stands I'd pass on a WR. We have other holes to fill.

Cheers

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Spending a 4th round pick on a slot WR when we have Lockett and JSN, this is a not the way to mange a team.

If you are hell bent on drafting a WR look at Javon Baker. But the way our roster stands I'd pass on a WR. We have other holes to fill.

Cheers
I have much to say about this, because I think this is a fundamentally flawed way to look at roster building and drafting. I also think it's just a pretty objectionable view of the team as a whole.

Firstly, let's start on Tyler Lockett. He's going to be 32 by the end of September, is in decline, and has ridiculous cap hits for both remaining years on his contract. He needs to be replaced, and preferably before he's retired. You've got to proactively load a position like WR continually. Should Tyler Lockett finally hit the wall, or we sustain an injury to any of the top-3 receivers on the depth chart... yeah, there ain't much there. Depth is a thing.

Secondly, I don't view Malik as a slot only. His production is excellent, his YAC potential is special, and he has a skillset that lends itself to versatility because you can line him up all over for sweep action, routes out the backfield, and he has shown an ability to play on the boundary despite his size. You would ideally look to keep him on the field in 21/12/13 personnel because he's a bit of a Deebo analogue.

Thirdly, this comment of yours is trending dangerously close to "draft for need" pigeonholing. We're talking about a fourth round pick. Day 3 is not the day to be drafting for need, because you're usually not drafting year 1 starters on day 3. They wouldn't be there on day 3 otherwise for the most part. You're drafting for roles, depth, and potential. No team in the league will ever be so set at WR that they couldn't consider drafting one on day 3. Ever.

Anyone drafting solely based on perceived need on day 3 instead of drafting the top remaining talent should not have an NFL job. Simple as. It's LJ Collier logic. Even still, shoring up the WR room to prepare for imminent losses certainly is a need, and it'll probably be a need in perpetuity in today's NFL.

The later the draft goes, the smaller the hole you should be looking to realistically fill. Drafting spots of dire need in the fourth and expecting those draftees to suddenly just plug the hole is akin to trying to seal a leaking faucet with a little pit of Play-Doh. Sure, I guess you "filled" it, but it probably isn't actually filled.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
If framing it differently helps, a la Moneyball, I'll rephrase:

We don't need a receiver.

We need future security at the position, we need more YAC threat at the spot to adapt to the modern NFL, we need speed on offense, we need immediate depth and we need players that are versatile enough to help in several different ways.

That's the whole reason the Niners offense works the way it does - they have guys like Deebo who can hurt a defense in multiple ways, because they're good at multiple things.

Chawker

Reaction score
I'd still take a WR like Javon Baker because of size and durability, and he's better at high pointing the ball. Its a 6'1" vs the 5' 8" thing. It might of worked for him in college, but this is the NFL, coverages are a mite closer.

Cheers

RockinHawks

Reaction score
If looking for a late round QB, I'd throw a vote for Sam Hartman. Not a huge arm...but is fairly agile and tough. Pretty accurate. Someone to count on with the clipboard and has a decent head on his shoulders. Also...great hair.

Seattle Person

Reaction score

Cheers
I disagree sightly because you should try accumulate talent period. If there is a 2nd rounder you like them I think you should take him. That's just my preference. But this year, you can wait around and get a really good WR. Tyler won't be around that long. You should tap into the strengths of the draft when you can.

Seattle Person

Reaction score
I'd still take a WR like Javon Baker because of size and durability, and he's better at high pointing the ball. Its a 6'1" vs the 5' 8" thing. It might of worked for him in college, but this is the NFL, coverages are a mite closer.

Cheers
There are so many WRs I like. Ja'Lynn Polk, Luke McCaffrey, Jamarri Thrash. If we want a late rounder then Jalen Coker is a favorite of mines.