George Fant & Rayshawn Jenkins sign

bileever

Reaction score
Ugh, I feel like Jenkins was the worst of the available safeties out there. I hope he came cheap.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Solid signing. Rayshawn is pretty versatile and has been generally sound in coverage.

Fant, however, is a perfect signing. That's a swing tackle combined with a good sixth lineman combined with a beautiful homecoming. He felt like the one that got away. He was developing quickly into a very good LT until that injury got him.

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
But can he also play LB?
When Fant joined the Hawks, he was young and lean, he had to bulk up to play T. At that point, if Pete wanted him to slim down, he just might be able to play some DE. That boat sailed long ago,

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
Good signings. I really like the Jenkins signing he is a sleeper pick up. Should be better than what we had last year.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Nice to pick up insurance in case Lucas can't go right away with his surgery without having to use an early draft pick on a tackle.

Scout

Reaction score
Ugh, I feel like Jenkins was the worst of the available safeties out there. I hope he came cheap.
I wouldn't say that to be honest. His age might raise eye brows but he is very solid if he is asked to start.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Worst at what? I get he’s no Jamal Adams in pass defense, but who is?

bileever

Reaction score
Worst at what? I get he’s no Jamal Adams in pass defense, but who is?
Jenkins is no superstar, and he's 30, just a year younger than Diggs. Of the available safeties that had been discussed, I thought Jenkins was the weakest of the bunch. I thought that Julian Blackmon, Kamren Curl, and Jordan Fuller were all younger and better than Rayshawn Jenkins. Justin Simmons would have also been an intriguing safety, although he's the same age as Jenkins. And Jordan Whitehead was re-signed by the Bucs, but he would have been a better pickup, too.

But I also understand that Jenkins probably came at a cheaper price than those other safetieis.

xray

Reaction score
Are there any more players named Fant in NFL that Seahawks can sign?
I heard there was a litter of Fants born in the woods , up in Alberta awhile back . Is that where they came from originally ?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team believes Fant is better than Curhan. On that I agree.

Jenkins is, if nothing, versatile.

Last edited:

nanomoz

Reaction score
Jenkins was cut, so he doesn't affect comp picks. I don't think Fant was.

Wsumatt1982

Reaction score
Jenkins is no superstar, and he's 30, just a year younger than Diggs. Of the available safeties that had been discussed, I thought Jenkins was the weakest of the bunch. I thought that Julian Blackmon, Kamren Curl, and Jordan Fuller were all younger and better than Rayshawn Jenkins. Justin Simmons would have also been an intriguing safety, although he's the same age as Jenkins. And Jordan Whitehead was re-signed by the Bucs, but he would have been a better pickup, too.

But I also understand that Jenkins probably came at a cheaper price than those other safetieis.
This tells me they have someone they really like in the draft and depending on what Jenkins is making will either backup (not likely) or will be gone when the safety they draft is ready to take over

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I remember George Fant he showed flashes of being pretty good when with us the first time and that safety looks like a really solid pickup. And most importantly came at a sensible price for a safety.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
I am a big believer in George Fant...He has shown that he is a very versatile player. He has played as a Tackle, Guard, and Tight End! Maybe we could use him as a Fullback too!