Geno Isn't the Guy. Sad to Say (Main)

Wheetie

Reaction score
I agree, IMO redzone offense is about 95% play calling, 5% execution.
I agree. I watched a few games after the Seahawks game on Sunday and saw some very creative playcalling in the Red Zone with misdirection and such sometimes making the success look easy. Compare that to Walker into a brick wall up the gut twice, then a low percentage throw to Lockett in the front corner of the endzone, incomplete, as one example.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
As bad as the offense was when it mattered, I'm pretty damn stoked about our Defense. That was an impressive performance. Held that offense, with those weapons to barely over 200 yards on the day.

LTH

Reaction score
Exactly. My god, even when he has an off game, it wasn't on him.

I can't even believe some of the sh** I read on here. Denial. So much of it.

JSN was WIDE OPEN, he was LOOKING AT HIM. He didn't throw the ball. How is that NOT on him? How is it NOT on him when DK is wide open for a TD?
When he is on, he's damn good. But when an NFL QB has a crap game, it needs to be pointed out. ALL of them.
I mean your such a drama queen... why is it he missed Metcalf... go back and watch the tape, he missed Metcalf because he was being mugged by the Bengles D line... it's completely obvious if you pay attention. It's really easy to make judgments from your couch... my god!!

LTH

LTH

Reaction score
5 TDs in 5 games doesn't sound good in a vacuum, but Seattle is #1 in getting to the redzone.

View attachment 61277

So they are getting there, but the redzone play calling leaves a lot to be desired. Geno could be better here but I think it's mostly play calling when it comes to redzone offense.
That's what I'm seeing. Looking at the tape those last two red zone drives there is just nobody open to throw the ball to. I'm kind of thinking that the lack of continuity on the O line is hampering opening up the play book. But also the Bengles played great red zone D as well.

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I mean your such a drama queen... why is it he missed Metcalf... go back and watch the tape, he missed Metcalf because he was being mugged by the Bengles D line... it's completely obvious if you pay attention. It's really easy to make judgments from your couch... my god!!

LTH
You're doing exactly what you're accusing me of doing.

Can we just agree to disagree?

hoxrox

Reaction score
I think a lot of it is on Geno too though. He’s had multiple plays where the touchdowns are there and he doesn’t execute. But Waldron can be better here too
Yeah think the point is that he's been terrific getting the offense into the redzone. Like that dart over the middle to Lockett in the 4th to give them the opportunity. It's once they get there...

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Has he done that in the last 3 years?
Good question my issue isn't about Wilson my issue issue did you ever believe Geno can ever carry a team in crunch time and do you actually accept he should earn a dime over 20 million (personally I think 10 million is the limit just like Adams if I'm not completely drunk).

LTH

Reaction score
Here is a really fair assesment of the game. Sometimes you can't see what the receiver's are doing on TV.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Here is a really fair assesment of the game. Sometimes you can't see what the receiver's are doing on TV.

Shows me a guy not worth more then backup money and somehow hates JSN and refuses to throw to DK. And more to the root of the issue 1. Pete either needs to be fired or 2. Stripped of all power but head coach given he's been the issue for 8 years at least? Just hires really stupid OC's annually except they aren't when paired with HC with normal amounts of power?

Last edited:

Throwdown

Reaction score
Good question my issue isn't about Wilson my issue issue did you ever believe Geno can ever carry a team in crunch time and do you actually accept he should earn a dime over 20 million (personally I think 10 million is the limit just like Adams if I'm not completely drunk).

1. Pocket watching is for losers, you should do better as a person.

2. I’ve seen geno do it in many games last season where the defense failed him. I’ve seen it this year vs Detroit. Do I think geno is a top 5 QB? Nope possible top 10-15? Yes. I think we can win with Geno.

3. Waldron needs to stop calling games like he’s auditioning for a HC job cuz this drop back and throw it bitch ball isn’t gonna work.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Penix is 23. So he's a year or two older than most guys who come out. But it's not really a deal breaker. Penix has an NFL arm. The only downside is his medical history.
Yeah, this has always somewhat bothered me about drafting an “older” guy.

If the guy has the mechanics and a proven play maker and can throw all the balls, who cares if he is a few years older than the next guy?

Is Caleb Williams or Drake Maye, are they as good currently as, Penix?

If they aren’t as good as Penix is right now, does an NFL team “sit them” for a few years and hope they’ll be as good as Penix is currently?

This “old” QB thing doesn’t make a difference to me. If you can play, you can play, especially, at the QB position.

If a team doesn’t want Penix, and the Seahawks, had a chance, they better draft Penix and then give Penix a capable offensive line….

LTH

Reaction score
Shows me a guy not worth more then backup money and somehow hates JSN and refuses to throw to DK. And more to root of the issue 1. Pete either needs to be fired or 2. Stripped of all power but head coach given he's been the issue for 8 years at least?
LMAO!! OMG! OK then...it's a conspiracy!!! Fire Pete! LMAO!!

LTH

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
1st drive of the game was a thing of beauty too. Creative, a wide variety of play calls, high percentage stuff etc.
Not sure what they were thinking on several drives after that.
Pete. It's painfully obvious we have almost everything in place to be elite but have a coach with way too much power with an offensive philosophy that is far too conservative and an owner that refuses to do as she should and sell both terms immediately as ordered.

We are maybe a year away before the bottom falls out and we experience really horrible for years unless total change comes beginning at the top. Pete needs to retire simply because he has no clue about modern NFL offense. You do the middle of the field with crossing and quick passes and if the run is working keep doing so until they force you to stop.

Last edited: