Geno Is the Guy. Happy to Say

Nunya

Reaction score
He's been growing for 10 seasons. You think he hasn't reached the ceiling?
Seeing as how his ceiling greatly raised in just the last 2 years, I would say probably not......or maybe last season was a fluke. Either way, it is hard to tell after only 7 games where we are 5-2 this season.

Nunya

Reaction score
Geno has some s#*t to clean up, for sure, he's trying to do too much ad lib to make up for the Red Zone falters.
The hurry-up offense on the Scripted Plays & not giving the Defenses time to regroup has served him well.
I think that the Red Zone is a lot easier for the Opposing 'D' to defend, especially if and when the Seahawks put the damned brakes on and take a time out to fret about it, then Geno (mental block) tries to hard & throws a lot of ill-advised & hurried passes in condensed spaces while trying to avoid getting creamed.
I put some of the blame on the play calling. Other than the Bobo play (and Bobo made that one work) there doesn't seem to be much creativity when they get into the red zone.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I like Geno!
I love seeing the whole field in play and the guy is a team player.
When he makes mistakes, he accepts the blame instead of putting
it on the backs of others.
He's been playing behind an injured line all season and rookies so I
expect his numbers to lag for a bit but they will get better.
Yes Geno CAN get us to and win a SB..It takes more than a QB though
I mean look at ME3 we won despite him but we also lost one with him.

warden

Reaction score
We let Russell go, we let our franchise QB go. Everyone said we are done going into rebuilding years. Yet we made the playoffs last year and are 5 and 2 this year even with a bunch of injuries. Nobody here a year and a half ago would have believed we would be in this position now. But the kicker is we haven’t even played our best football yet. Quit complaining and enjoy the ride.

toffee

Reaction score
We let Russell go, we let our franchise QB go. Everyone said we are done going into rebuilding years. Yet we made the playoffs last year and are 5 and 2 this year even with a bunch of injuries. Nobody here a year and a half ago would have believed we would be in this position now. But the kicker is we haven’t even played our best football yet. Quit complaining and enjoy the ride.
For over a year now, it has been fashionable to say that Pete Carroll's system powered Russell Wilson's success. If this is true, Geno Smith's current success should also be credited to Pete Carroll's system? Wilson is less successful without PeteBall, so was Geno.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I agree with others that the offense hasn't hit their stride yet. Geno Smith needs a great game against a top caliber defense and who knows how far they can go.

Hawknight

Reaction score
next thread: Geno Might Be The Guy
then.........I wonder if Geno Could be The Guy
then.........Damn, turns out Geno IS the Guy
I think it would only be interesting if the topic is "Is Geno really a guy?" At least a rumor would be a nice change for threads.

Torc

Reaction score
I thought this video was really interesting. This is prior to the Browns game, but I'd expect this stat is right around the same spot.

Against zone coverage, Geno averages 8.4 yards per attempt, #4 in the NFL. Against man coverage, he's at 3.6 YPA, worst of the 36 qualifying QBs.

Guess what type of coverage the Ravens emphasize? The Browns use man coverage the most of any team in the NFL, so clearly we can have some success but Lamar Jackson is not PJ Walker. Our defense and running game are going to be critical.

Nunya

Reaction score
I thought this video was really interesting. This is prior to the Browns game, but I'd expect this stat is right around the same spot.

Against zone coverage, Geno averages 8.4 yards per attempt, #4 in the NFL. Against man coverage, he's at 3.6 YPA, worst of the 36 qualifying QBs.

Guess what type of coverage the Ravens emphasize? The Browns use man coverage the most of any team in the NFL, so clearly we can hawve some success but Lamar Jackson is not PJ Walker. Our defense and running game are going to be critical.

I would think that failure against m2m is more of an indicator of the WRs not getting separation then it is against Geno.

GemCity

Reaction score
For over a year now, it has been fashionable to say that Pete Carroll's system powered Russell Wilson's success. If this is true, Geno Smith's current success should also be credited to Pete Carroll's system? Wilson is less successful without PeteBall, so was Geno.
I’d agree with this…and that is perfectly fine!

At QB, it really does come down to value….and timing.

Personally, I hope we never see a $200M+ guy in our backfield.

We’re balanced. Geno is capable…he’s not without fault but when it comes to what we’re paying him and what he’s doing….no complaints here.

toffee

Reaction score
I’d agree with this…and that is perfectly fine!

At QB, it really does come down to value….and timing.

Personally, I hope we never see a $200M+ guy in our backfield.

We’re balanced. Geno is capable…he’s not without fault but when it comes to what we’re paying him and what he’s doing….no complaints here.
In Carroll's interviews, he kept emphasis a balanced offense, a simpler system for the QB, and less need for QB to carry the whole offense. My interpretation:
  1. Run more, so QB can throw less.
  2. Run more, so defense can't single in on QB
  3. QB won't have an over complicated system to remember and master.
Pete felt like he is protecting the QB by not putting everything on them. I also think that Pete didn't like overly complicated stuff, Earl Thomas openly said that he found it hard to learn Raven's complicated system as Seahawks' were a lot simpler.

12forlife

Reaction score
I like Geno!
I love seeing the whole field in play and the guy is a team player.
When he makes mistakes, he accepts the blame instead of putting
it on the backs of others.
He's been playing behind an injured line all season and rookies so I
expect his numbers to lag for a bit but they will get better.
Yes Geno CAN get us to and win a SB..It takes more than a QB though
I mean look at ME3 we won despite him but we also lost one with him.
You ever see Geno pumping up his Oline or WR's on the sidelines? Nope me neither just goes and sits and stares off I to space. Not saying he is a cancer or all about himself, but dude went punt, punt, int, punt, punt, int, punt, and doesn't do anything on the sidelines to rally they troops, thankfully the D pulled off a big play and gave him 1 more chance at the 50. So he finally made a couple throws, it's the 2 1/2 quarters before that, that make cringe. Unfortunately he is our guy for the rest of the year, but I wonder how more games he is nearly gonna cost us before we see what Lock has? We ha e to know before this draft.

knownone

Reaction score
You ever see Geno pumping up his Oline or WR's on the sidelines? Nope me neither just goes and sits and stares off I to space. Not saying he is a cancer or all about himself, but dude went punt, punt, int, punt, punt, int, punt, and doesn't do anything on the sidelines to rally they troops, thankfully the D pulled off a big play and gave him 1 more chance at the 50. So he finally made a couple throws, it's the 2 1/2 quarters before that, that make cringe. Unfortunately he is our guy for the rest of the year, but I wonder how more games he is nearly gonna cost us before we see what Lock has? We ha e to know before this draft.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I put some of the blame on the play calling. Other than the Bobo play (and Bobo made that one work) there doesn't seem to be much creativity when they get into the red zone.

Creativity?!? WTF is that?
Geno, Waldron & the Seahawks Offense needs to have had this s#it ironed out TWO MONTHES + AGO.
There's no excuse for getting inside the 20 CONSISTENTLY, only to have the fruit of those successful drives die on the vine.

12forlife

Reaction score
I'm not gonna keep beating this horse. I just don't believe Geno has what I'm looking for in a starting QB for the Hawks. I dont feel he compliments our Offense, his inefficiencies are holding this Offense back. In the end I honestly hope he proves me wrong and drives the Hawks deep into the playoffs! Go Hawks!

12forlife

Reaction score
Creativity?!? WTF is that?
Geno, Waldron & the Seahawks Offense needs to have had this s#it ironed out TWO MONTHES + AGO.
There's no excuse for getting inside the 20 CONSISTENTLY, only to have the fruit of those successful drives die on the vine.
Preach brotha, preach!!

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
Stop blaming Geno!

Everyone knows:
If there is an interception, it's the OLs fault.
If there is a fumble, it's the OLs fault.
If there is an overthrow, it's the receiver's fault.
If the offense sputters in the redzone, it's PCs fault.
If there is a bunch of 3 and outs, it's the OCs fault.
If we win, it's because of Geno.

Last edited:

Wheetie

Reaction score
I think it would only be interesting if the topic is "Is Geno really a guy?" At least a rumor would be a nice change for threads.
My friend, go back to Page 2 of this thread. Great minds think alike!