Geno Is the Guy. Happy to Say

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
He's been growing for 10 seasons. You think he hasn't reached the ceiling?
Nope. I thought so earlier this year, but, the more that I pay attention to some of the more detailed parts of his game, the more I realize G is actually becoming better as a "field general" vs just a "signal calling game manager". And it can't be overstated just how much reading some of the posts by some of the more knowledgeable dotnet posters has helped me realize that.

Obviously he has some flaws in his game. That said, what I DON'T see is someone who is unaware of said flaws and unwilling to put the work in to fix them. Geno is close to his ceiling, but he's not there yet. And the turmoil with the line this season can't be minimized, and, I feel like, ultimately, it's just making him a better QB longterm.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
half the season over and Geno has a paltry 9tds and 6 ints. That dog just aint gonna hunt. 1.5 Td's a game is back up material. His ceiling is Journeyman starting QB, his median is solid backup. He's mediocre.
5 in the last 3 games, plus a pick 6 that was dropped and likely cost the Browns a win.
Just need him to cut back on those decisions and this team can do some damage.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
That dropped pick six was clearly miscommunication and likely JSNs fault. Another pick was Geno rushing in a 2 min drill and the third was a tip ball. Those things could happen to any QB.
It’s not like he’s throwing wildly inaccurate balls.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's your opinion and you have a right to it. I know what my eyes tell me. Excuses don't change how he is playing and his decision making lately.
Why is it just automatically the WR's fault if Geno throws yet ANOTHER near pick 6?
Come to think of it, never mind, not even worth the same old back and forth.

WarHawks

Reaction score
So, this is basically a continuation of the Geno Isn't The Guy thread. Hmmm...

olyfan63

Reaction score
Geno is OUR GUY for this season, for as long as he's healthy. As others pointed out, Geno's modest cap hit this year allowed us cap room to sign Leonard Williams (with some salary help from the Giants) and other guys like Dre'Mont Jones, Jarran Reed, Bobby Wagner, and Mario Edwards.

The question is, will Geno be worth $31M and $34M cap hit next year and the year after? Will we be able to keep enough roster talent and depth to compete? Geno is clearly worth his $10M cap hit this year.

Pete's "Winning Formula" has NEVER included paying a QB top-tier money, or even upper-mid-tier money. Pete's winning formula requires a ton of guys, including the QB, to be vastly overperforming their contracts. So this year looks like the window of best opportunity for the Seahawks to go deep in the playoffs. After that, Geno will need to play like an elite QB consistently to be worth the money.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
He's been growing for 10 seasons. You think he hasn't reached the ceiling?
You're kidding, right?; Growth while riding the pine for 7 of those 10 years isn't going to help ANY Quarterback be at his best, it's not the same as being out on the field honing the skills and taking the lumps.
Geno is still on a journey and has yet to arrive and having an Offensive Line playing 'Musical Chairs' does nothing to help grow any kind of consistency.
Geno can make all the throws for sure, he just has to understand that sometimes it'd be the wiser NOT try'n to force-fit some of those throws.
ALL Quarterbacks, EVEN THE GREAT ONES, throw interceptions, I mean hell, Patrick Mahomes has been doing it almost as much as Geno has this year.
For the most part of the game last Sunday, Geno stunk it up, he made some terrific throws and some wtf throws, Personally, I wanted to see way more of a Run Game and a lot less of the hair on fire Passing.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I'm not interested in this thread unless it goes at least 45 pages, then I'll take a whole rainy day to sit and ponder every single post on each and every page. Maybe I'll do plus and minus columns as I compare the 90 pages.
I do a similar thing, but for the visuals I take things a bit farther than plus/minus columns:

Attachments

• charlie-conspiracy-always-sunny-in-philidelphia-meme-template-kubue.jpg
    charlie-conspiracy-always-sunny-in-philidelphia-meme-template-kubue.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 5

907 MILITIA

Reaction score
You can see Geno is in His own head right now and when you got that Alpha male Xerxes aka Dennis Rodman on your ass pouting you see Geno forcing him the ball with a lot of bad results. He needs to reset himself and not think about int’s. I feel like the pressure is starting to get the best of him so I hope he literally resets and just plays like he don’t care again. Maybe he is back on that bottle too much who knows. I think He is good though time will tell

SonicHawk

Reaction score
HE CALLED BACK AND SAID HELLO, HOW ARE YOU, I HOPE YOU'RE DOING WELL, I'M OK.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
this talk head says he's not.https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/can-ravens-cover-the-spread-vs-seahawks-in-seattle/vi-AA1jhxTy?ocid=socialshare&pc=NMTS&cvid=edd9ea72c8f240adb9f6437ae593cb65&ei=22

OP
OP
James in PA

James in PA

Reaction score
"Geno Might Be the Guy. Bittersweet to Say"

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Geno has some s#*t to clean up, for sure, he's trying to do too much ad lib to make up for the Red Zone falters.
The hurry-up offense on the Scripted Plays & not giving the Defenses time to regroup has served him well.
I think that the Red Zone is a lot easier for the Opposing 'D' to defend, especially if and when the Seahawks put the damned brakes on and take a time out to fret about it, then Geno (mental block) tries to hard & throws a lot of ill-advised & hurried passes in condensed spaces while trying to avoid getting creamed.

Last edited: