Geno Is the Guy. Happy to Say

Yxes1122

Reaction score
I will also make a Geno thread titled:

“Geno is a good NFL QB with an ability to squeeze every drop of goodness out of an offense and people should go listen to the Athletic Football Pod’s Week 9 Preview to hear why Geno is a good QB. That said, Geno has athletic limitations to his game that keep him from elevating players the way truly Elite QBs can. He also has a tendency to press in high leverage situations when he should take what the defense is giving him and live to fight another down. Seattle should both feel confident that they can win games with him and continue to look for an upgrade in the draft. This includes spending future firsts to trade up if Caleb or Maye magically tumble out of the top 5.”

I think this will solve the discourse as he is neither Elite or Terrible.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Happy is a strong word.
Mildly content works better.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I will also make a Geno thread titled:

“Geno is a good NFL QB with an ability to squeeze every drop of goodness out of an offense and people should go listen to the Athletic Football Pod’s Week 9 Preview to hear why Geno is a good QB. That said, Geno has athletic limitations to his game that keep him from elevating players the way truly Elite QBs can. He also has a tendency to press in high leverage situations when he should take what the defense is giving him and live to fight another down. Seattle should both feel confident that they can win games with him and continue to look for an upgrade in the draft. This includes spending future firsts to trade up if Caleb or Maye magically tumble out of the top 5.”

I think this will solve the discourse as he is neither Elite or Terrible.

Create a thread with that title and @AROS is likely to go wherever you are and kick your ass.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
You ever see Geno pumping up his Oline or WR's on the sidelines? Nope me neither just goes and sits and stares off I to space. Not saying he is a cancer or all about himself, but dude went punt, punt, int, punt, punt, int, punt, and doesn't do anything on the sidelines to rally they troops, thankfully the D pulled off a big play and gave him 1 more chance at the 50. So he finally made a couple throws, it's the 2 1/2 quarters before that, that make cringe. Unfortunately he is our guy for the rest of the year, but I wonder how more games he is nearly gonna cost us before we see what Lock has? We ha e to know before this draft.
I agree on Lock but they know what they have and we saw a small
sample size when Geno got hurt.
The Browns have a great D..I'll ride with Geno as the OL and rookies
keep getting better -The results should as well.

GemCity

Reaction score
Creativity?!? WTF is that?
Geno, Waldron & the Seahawks Offense needs to have had this s#it ironed out TWO MONTHES + AGO.
There's no excuse for getting inside the 20 CONSISTENTLY, only to have the fruit of those successful drives die on the vine.
You’re right about there not being a good reason. Maybe a combination of rookie wideouts, more experience playing with one another, etc…reaching but, I agree.

There’s some positivity here too though. We’re moving the ball well. One can imagine that once they work through the Red Zone issues, this team could be in pretty good shape.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I'm not interested in this thread unless it goes at least 45 pages, then I'll take a whole rainy day to sit and ponder every single post on each and every page. Maybe I'll do plus and minus columns as I compare the 90 pages.
Yeah, that eye test stuff is pretty limited and subjective. Looking forward to your spreadsheet and advanced mathematical evaluation of Geno's pluses and minuses, based on the unbiased expert commentary in this thread. Wait, isn't there something like DVOA or plus-minus or something like that for individual players that could save you a ton of work and be based on actual on-field player performance?

Nah, that QBR stuff is just too weird and biased; it shows Geno at #12 with 60.6 QBR and some R. Wilson dude at #21 with a 45.2 QBR. I looked up their salaries and noticed R. Wilson makes a LOT more than G. Smith so this QBR thing is obviously flawed. The weird thing? Some G. Minshew is #9 at 64.3 QBR, just ahead of a T. Lawrence and a K. Cousins who both make a boatload more money than him. Carry on, full speed ahead on that spreadsheet.

Wheetie

Reaction score
Yeah, that eye test stuff is pretty limited and subjective. Looking forward to your spreadsheet and advanced mathematical evaluation of Geno's pluses and minuses, based on the unbiased expert commentary in this thread. Wait, isn't there something like DVOA or plus-minus or something like that for individual players that could save you a ton of work and be based on actual on-field player performance?

Nah, that QBR stuff is just too weird and biased; it shows Geno at #12 with 60.6 QBR and some R. Wilson dude at #21 with a 45.2 QBR. I looked up their salaries and noticed R. Wilson makes a LOT more than G. Smith so this QBR thing is obviously flawed. The weird thing? Some G. Minshew is #9 at 64.3 QBR, just ahead of a T. Lawrence and a K. Cousins who both make a boatload more money than him. Carry on, full speed ahead on that spreadsheet.
You're fun.

Latest posts