FoxSports isn’t buying what’s going on in Denver

JPatera76

Reaction score

Quote:”
Monday on 2 Pros and Cup of Joe, Jonas Knox calls BS on reports that Russell Wilson wanted to play against the Jets, but it was Nathaniel Hackett who ultimately made the call to sit him because of injury. Jonas thinks it was really Russ who wanted out of the game because he wanted to expose Nathaniel Hackett and the rest of the team for being the problem in Denver.”

Just a snippet

Threedee

Reaction score
If you're Hackett, you can play this off a couple of ways. Let everyone think that Wilson is benched (not not medically unable) or you can threaten to fine him if he is trying to get out of playing.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
If you're Hackett, you can play this off a couple of ways. Let everyone think that Wilson is benched (not not medically unable) or you can threaten to fine him if he is trying to get out of playing.
Hackett has kinda painted himself into a corner. When everything started going south, beginning in the very first game, he dutifully fell on his sword with things like "I'm responsible" and "It starts with me." There has been enough wobble in how he presents things that he has lost a lot of the Bronco crowd. I don't think the fine thing would fly at all. I do think he could probably get away with straight-up benching Wilson if Rypien had shown anything, but he didn't show much.

This is the bed that Hackett has made, and now he has to lie in it. And I think if he were to try anything like that, it has as much chance of getting him fired as any other result.

OP
OP
JPatera76

JPatera76

Reaction score
I agree with some I'd bench wilsons ass and if he's refusing something find a way to fine him. Otherwise if im Hackett.. Im gunna just use my backup QB's and find something that works to try and salvage my job.. and if i cant salvage my job then im not in any worse of a position playing my backup QB's over Russell.

Nunya

Reaction score
Hackett does not have the clout to bench a $245 million QB. Not many head coaches do. If Rypien comes out an plays well, Denver is going to have a complete mess on their hands which will likely be the beginning of the end of Wilson's career....and Hackett's.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Right on cue.

I agree with others who think that he's a publicist/agent of some sort for Team3.

He unearthed suddenly the moment this article was published? Not a coincidence me thinks.

He's not. Just a middle aged guy on the internet with an obsession. Team 3 doesn't pay non-media individuals for this, they accomplish it mainly through PR bots on Twitter.

KinesProf

Reaction score
What an f'n disaster. By all accounts, a good citizen and Father (and I have no reason to question that).

But absolutely brutal at melding into a team atmosphere, which is something that a number of better QBs seem to be able to do organically (Burrow, Allen, Hurts).

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Well, I think we did find out it's not all on Wilson. It's obviously much deeper than that.

knownone

Reaction score
I doubt this is true. If Rypien were successful, Russ would look even worse. So Russ probably was too hurt to play because sitting doesn't help him and could have hurt his image even more. I mean, no one expects Rypien to be good. He's an undrafted free agent who'd started one game before Sunday. So the Bronco's offense looking roughly the same with Rypien reflects poorly on Russ as much as Hackett.

Hackett's in a lose-lose situation. He's getting the Ben McAdoo treatment because his franchise QB is underperforming, and he can't really make a change because he has zero power.

Boycie

Reaction score
This has Mark's fingerprints all over it. Russ should never have hired a baseball agent to handle his contracts in the NFL. Hackett is not the best coach, but Russ better not think that a new coach is going to help him do a complete 180. His flaws have been exposed, and now he has to deal with it.

chrispy

Reaction score
This has Mark's fingerprints all over it. Russ should never have hired a baseball agent to handle his contracts in the NFL. Hackett is not the best coach, but Russ better not think that a new coach is going to help him do a complete 180. His flaws have been exposed, and now he has to deal with it.
This. What happens with a new coach? What scenario turns RCW back into a top performer? That is, what scenario in which RCW doesn't have to admit any fault and maintains "control"?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I agree with some I'd bench wilsons ass and if he's refusing something find a way to fine him. Otherwise if im Hackett.. Im gunna just use my backup QB's and find something that works to try and salvage my job.. and if i cant salvage my job then im not in any worse of a position playing my backup QB's over Russell.
LOL.. c'mon, the backlash would be steep.. You sat your star quarterback, and lost.. No, he's gotta ride Wilson, it's who they brought in.. ain't gonna be his fault if through the season he flails, but, its what he has.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
You're probably right!
I've been targeted by the bot farm multiple times. They have the same general pattern - vague bio with a motivational/lifestyle quote, profile picture is a simple nature or landscape image, and the dead giveaway is that they retweet not just RW stuff but ALL of Ciara's stuff too, indicating that they're probably not overall fans of the sport.

I've also argued with John63 on Twitter, but won't post his account or doxx him. The text pattern is unmistakable.