From the Broncos forums any of this sound familiar??

Jac

Reaction score
Russ isn't going to let that happen. Even if the dude's leg fell off, he'd say he's good to play, carry it out there like a baseball bat and hit the football to his receivers... because he's an 'overcomer'.

His backup coming in and moving the offense even marginally better than he has would irreparably damage his legacy. He knew that last year and rushed back.

I dont want him to get hurt, but I would absokutley LOVE to see what the other guy can do. I'm betting Hackett would at this point as well.
To follow on, I totally agree with you. I'm sure Hackett would love to go to the backup because Wilson is helping drag down his coaching reputation. Hackett is only going to be there for the year (at most), while the franchise is the one stuck with Wilson long-term.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Is there a line on who the new Denver ownership chooses to ditch, Russ or Hackett? Pretty sure Russ has the longest guaranteed contract for the most money. That means Denver and Russ will be going through yet another year of another new staff. Things are looking peachy for those backing that Seattle got the best end of the deal. AND we got Denver's backup QB to boot! How sweet is that?

keasley45

Reaction score
Is there a line on who the new Denver ownership chooses to ditch, Russ or Hackett? Pretty sure Russ has the longest guaranteed contract for the most money. That means Denver and Russ will be going through yet another year of another new staff. Things are looking peachy for those backing that Seattle got the best end of the deal. AND we got Denver's backup QB to boot! How sweet is that?
they could trade him, but who'd be willing to give up major capital at this point? Carolina?

toffee

Reaction score
they could trade him, but who'd be willing to give up major capital at this point? Carolina?
Trading Russ to Carolina? Being trade like that will make him a journeyman, remember journeymen do not get into HOF? Besides, Ciara ain't operating out of no Carolina.

Quite sure there's that no trade in his contract.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The truly crazy part is that it wouldn't matter if the backup is superior because they're tied to that contract now. They have to find a way to make it work because they can't cut or move him. That probably means finding a new coach that will install Hero-Ball offense.
Hero ball-Was Russ and his legs..His legs are gone.
You see last night?Early on he made a hero run,it was
pretty good but then he got caught from behind by a DL
trying to do it again for a loss.
His passing got weaker and his running stopped-He's done.

Slick

Reaction score
Reading online that Ciara is considering leaving Russ due to the failure he has become...that will be an expensive divorce and no doubt is affecting his play like Brady...
Link? Not ball busting you just interested to read this dirt too :devilish:

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
Yeah, that sounds totally familiar :)

One bright spot: Denver has a lights-out defense, easily top 10, maybe top 5. Every game for them has been close. If Russ is who they thought he was (and Hackett too) they could easily be 5-0.
Denver has the same problem so many teams do, you pay these QBs huge amounts of money you have nothing left fir an O-line. One of the reason Brady has been so successful is because he takes a lot of his money in incentives instead salary that goes against the cap. Then insist on getting a good O-line.

Boohman14

Reaction score
If his wife is thinking of dumping him, then she's a POS. Russ isn't a failure but he may be on the downside of his career but he's not a failure. Cornball yes, but not a failure.

He needs "Holmgren" type coach to resurrect his game. He isn't the best QB out there at reading a defense and making adjustments. He needs to humble himself and go back to football school.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
What's going on with his wife?

There was a family photo on my Yahoo feed a few days ago (can't seem to keep them and that KK family off of it). I didn't read it, but the caption was along the lines that she loved Denver.

I thought it was a band-aid for the Denver fans and didn't think much about it.

toffee

Reaction score
Actually it isn't negative it is a perfect excuse for his bad play. Shoulder , hammy, wife troubles all adds up
I think all the wife trouble talks were just jokes, not sure why Russ attracted these type of jokes? First Tate, now the Elway.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
1st to go is gonna be hackett. wilson's new contract hasn't even started yet. ouch. as you eluded to, there's 165 million reasons they can't "ditch" wilson. 165m guaranteed. so, they're stuck with him and his cap hit until atleast 2025, and that's still taking a massive dead money hit if they cut him in 2025. as an alternative in the meantime- they could certainly bench him for somebody else.

https://overthecap.com/player/russell-wilson/1569 <--- whew, look at those dead money hits 🤩

that being said, with having the richest owners in the nfl, nearly anything and any direction is possible for the broncos organization.

Last edited:

BamKam

Reaction score
I wonder if Russ's shoulder injury is partly to blame. He was short on his deep balls last night and he passes were often late or just short of the receiver. That said, he never seemed to be on time with his throws in Seattle either but he could get the ball in the area.

It's funny to me that when he left for Denver the Donkey O-linemen said he wouldn't need to worry about being sacked. It seems he's taking more hits in Denver than he did in Seattle. Of course no one respects Denver's running game so far. Russ usually benefited from Seattle's running game.
It's hilarious to me how we always here about the injury AFTER he shits the bed. Last week it was his shoulder/trap, now after another turd burger he has a hamstring issue that is "day to day". I don't think these injuries are made up but they sound like ones that everyone plays through on a weekly basis in this league to protect his image, plus everyone gets to talk about how TUFF he is if he comes out and gives a gritty performance. If he keeps playing this bad, eventually this excuses will run out and people will grow tired of them (from what I can tell from Bronco forums they already are). Zero chance Russ doesn't play this week to risk the back up QB looking more competent running the offense better than he does.

Russ would get sacked at the same rate behind the 2005 Seahawks offensive line, the majority of his sacks are caused by him either not reading the defense pre snap, spinning INTO the sack once he feels pressure, or just not stepping up into the pocket and bailing out to meet 3 defenders.

I honestly kind of feel bad for Hackett. The guy probably thought he was getting a HOF quarterback and now is realizing that he has a QB that runs what he wants to run and not the offensive as it's designed. Maybe Hackett is a bad coach, who knows, but I think he is getting 75%-100% of the blame from a lot of people when in reality it is probably much less.

NINEster

Reaction score
You could see them running some of the stuff Bevell and Schotty ran to get Russ on track early... the quick screens to the flats for example. But LA, after the first 3 or 4 were ready for it. And the PA stuff was pulled from Russ's book as well. Also didn't work but for once or twice.

He just can't run a traditional offense. He even still struggles to adjust protections. He got clobbered a few times for keeping with a play that was doomed to fail given the pressure that was obviously coming. But what did he do? Just hiked the ball and let free defenders come running right at him.

All too familiar. So nice to watch it from a distance and no longer be effected by it.

And that's why I've hated Wilson for so long.

Because .NET destroyed Kaepernick with a vengeance during his "good years", not realizing that they had a slightly better version of him (or at least had the defense that gave the opposing QB more problems......Kap just never ever looked good against Seattle), and many on here and throughout thought Wilson was the main reason the Hawks beat the Niners, LOL.

Even week 2 this year, Denver held the 49er offense to 10 points. Of course Wilson knows how to win those games despite one of his worst statistical games of all time.

Geno Smith didn't have the luxury this year of having a defense hold the Niners to the standard under 20, nor play them late enough in the season when injuries would hurt them.

He might get this chance later on.

Wilson is the luckiest player in the league the last decade and it isn't close.....no rings if it weren't for that 4th and 7 free play with game clock expired, Sherman with the tip, the NFCC played in SF if it weren't for the shit call on Ahmad Brooks sacking Drew Brees, and whomever that Packer was that coughed up the onside kick. Hell, the SB might've been a game if Denver didn't die on the first snap.

I respected the hell out of that Seahawks 52 all those years.......the 53rd guy always bothered me.

LUCKY.