Fire Hurtt

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I posted it in the game day forum and I'll post it here as well. Fire Clint Hurtt. Right now.

Absolutely pathetic defense to allow 45 points to the Lions without their two best weapons. Allowing TJ Hockenson to go off and not making the necessary adjustment to stop him is unacceptable.

My biggest issue with him too is the fact that the bad mouthed Ken Norton on his way out the door, gives the media and fans a bunch of lip service about how better his defense will be, then comes out and the defense is worse than ever. That's embarrassing and a lack of character. It's very low and makes him look like a snake. A lost snake that can't coach his way out of a paper bag.

Darrell Taylor still loses contain. Cody Barton had no business starting, he's a bum. Brooks looks lost. Lack of communication across the board.

Yes, ultimately Pete is pulling the strings, but what Hurtt is responsible for, he is failing miserably so far.

Scout

Reaction score
Desai should take a more active role as a DC. Last year as DC Desai had the Bears defense far more formidable according to Football Outsiders.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
We're starting Cody Barton, Josh Jones and Michael Jackson. 27% of the the starting offense doesn't belong in the NFL. And we have no one better behind them. How about fire John Schneider?

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
No offense, but last year, when we had a perfectly serviceable defense getting hung out to dry by our O who couldn't sustain a drive to save their lives, everybody on this board--save for a couple of us--demanded firing Norton.

That didn't turn out too well, so maybe we hang on before we jump to fire anybody?

The fact is, this isn't the defense we designed in the offseason. It just isn't. So while they actually are quite terrible, they actually had a good first half compared to what we had been seeing and I think they need time to figure out what this defense is without Adams.

We probably need to make a FA acquisition or two and tinker with some stuff. But nobody is going to come into the situation we have now and turn it around any more or less than Hurtt. At this point, switching would probably be even worse.

I'm impressed enough with our offense that I do think this team shows the spark of a legit contender but the fact is, we knew there was a certain amount of this season that was going to have to be written off to developing, so let's just let it develop. If they figure it out this year and we make a run for it? Great. If not? Well, better draft picks.

Fade

Reaction score
We're starting Cody Barton, Josh Jones and Michael Jackson. 27% of the the starting offense doesn't belong in the NFL. And we have no one better behind them. How about fire John Schneider?
Those are the guys Pete wanted. Their his players.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
How about having some patience and let them work out the issues rather than having a knee jerk reaction after the 4th game of the season.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
How about having some patience and let them work out the issues rather than having a knee jerk reaction after the 4th game of the season.
because this is a dopamine-addicted, narcissistic, virtue-signaling, degenerate, hypocritical, "progressive" society that wants NFL coaches fired after a loss, but ignores the politicians and the corporations that take away every single freedom and treat them as cattle.

Last edited:

cymatica

Reaction score
because this is a dopamine-addicted, narcissistic, virtue-signaling, degenerate, hypocritical, "progressive" society that wants NFL coaches fired after a loss, but ignores the politicians and the corporations that take away every single freedom and treat them as cattle.

Stockholm syndrome regarding the things that should matter in life

toffee

Reaction score
One thing for sure, if this defense couldn't show signs of improvements, Hurtt's tenure will be one and done, if not half a season and done. Our defense is worse than 2021's, which he was part of.

Will Sean Desai take over? which is likely, is Sean Desai the right person to take over? That is harder to say, according to PFF, Chicago bears' defense was pretty good in 2019 (ranked #12 at 75.9), and 2020 (ranked #5 at 74). Sean took over in 2021, it went to #5 to #27 at 52.2, Sean left (fired?. OK Bear defense in 2022 (#29 at 48.6).

I don't follow the Bears, so not sure what happened in 2020 to 2021, but Bears' defense sure tumbled under Desai. In the end, Bears' defense was better before he took over, by a lot. His only DC experience wasn't hot and he was let go after one season.

Is Sean Desai part of our current problems??? or Sean Desai part of our future solutions?

Thoughts?

GemCity

Reaction score
Kinda agree here. Brooks is “off” considering we know what he is capable of.
I always retained some hope for Barton as folks were high on him but he’s progressively getting worse. Gap coverage is beyond terrible.

There are some bright spots but this isn’t what we expected.

Maybe 4 games in is too soon…but..,,