Fearless Prediction Division Round: Seahawks @ Falcons

Sealake80

Reaction score
Maybe try picturing happy things. Mayhem with Bennet, Clark and Avril. SHERMAN pick 6. Kam track laying serious wood... Wilson dropping dimes to Baldwin, Rawls running fools over and breaking long runs... you get the idea. Maybe that's just not you but I promise it's fun.

Side note: its easy for me to visualize because I actually beleive it will happen.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
The homer in me says Seahawks 31- Falcons 24.

Meanwhile, the homer in me says Seahawks 31- Falcons 24.

seahawksny

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":z8guwgpu said:
Yeah, and I'm sure you "didn't see" them beating the Lions either :?

I saw it, but would have not surprised me if Detroit had won.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Sealake80":38ulnxw2 said:
Maybe try picturing happy things. Mayhem with Bennet, Clark and Avril. SHERMAN pick 6. Kam track laying serious wood... Wilson dropping dimes to Baldwin, Rawls running fools over and breaking long runs... you get the idea. Maybe that's just not you but I promise it's fun.

Side note: its easy for me to visualize bec7ause I actually beleive it will happen.

We'd all love this.

seahawksny

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1a7s8228 said:
Would you love it? Or are you waiting to tell us you told us so if they lose? :mrgreen:

I would love it..

If we lose? It will probably be because of reasons we all knew but ignored all year.

Let me guess. You picked us to beat the Rams in week 2?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And why wouldn't I pick us to beat the Rams? Hawks are a better team.
Some of us choose to be positive and not assume the worst every week.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
I plug my Leprechaun Ears and I close my Irish Eyes when it comes to anyone who predicts games without a Four Leaf Clover and a Magical Ball... There should be more of those special ones around for The Lottery....

My prediction is based solely on the fact; If the same team that appeared at Clink Saturday Night against Detroit shows up in Atlanta we're in for a great game for Seahawks Fans... If the same team that showed up against Arizona appears in Atlanta...in the famous words of Mike Holmgren...We're in for a "Stinker"....

I've got to believe too much is at stake for both Defense and Offense in this game and our Seahawks will be in Playoff Mode....

Seahawks - 34 or more

Falcons - 17 or less

:irishdrinkers:

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":1er97a3g said:
In looking at their schedule, the Falcons really didn't face many teams that you can argue have BOTH a strong offense ... and strong defense. It's generally either teams with a strong offense and mediocre to poor defense ... or strong offense and mediocre to poor defense. In other words, not very many (what we could argue as) elite balanced teams on their schedule. (and yes Falcons fans, I know the same could be said of Seattle)

You are correct Scanner. The Falcons have played seven games against opponents whose offense and defense were both ranked in the top 20 DVOA. Not necessarily great, but teams that are both offensively and defensively capable. Those seven games were as follows:

(H) Tampa Bay 28-35 –Loss
(A) Seattle 24-26 –Loss
(H) San Diego 30-33 –Loss
(H) Green Bay 33-32 –*Win
(A) Tampa Bay 43-28 –*Win
(A) Philadelphia 15-24 –Loss
(H) Kansas City 28-29 –Loss

*The common denominator in their two wins was that the Packers and Buccaneers had sustained an unusual decimation to the RB position leading into the game. The Packers leading rusher that game was Rodgers and behind him was FB Ripkowski, they each had six carries. The Packers were also missing five other starters including Clay Matthews and Randall Cobb. The Buccaneers had just lost Jacquizz Rodgers, who had replaced Charles Sims, who had replaced Doug Martin. This was a Thursday night game so the Bucs had a short week to prepare the 4th and 5th string backs. It appears that there wasn't a legitimate a threat of an opposing running game in the Falcons two wins. I didn't watch any video on these two games, just reviewed the game books and summaries.

The Falcons did what they were supposed to do when the opponent is missing several key players. But they were 0-5 in the other games against teams that fielded a top 20 offense and defense. Including 0-3 at home. Even if we include the Green Bay game they lost by an average score of 32-29 to these teams in the Georgia Dome. It doesn't matter what Seattle's record is against a balanced team because Atlanta is not balanced. All of the games were close and I think this one will be as well.

Seattle brings more than just the threat of a run game and they should have good success with Thomas Rawls and a healthy Russell Wilson. Maybe some CJ Prosise as well. And let's not forget that the Seahawks are still in their prime and have a ton of playoff experience.

Seahawks 30
Falcons 27

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I have been reading all week (by the thousands of falcons on this board right now) about the legendary unstoppable falcons offense, the dual threat, the godlike matty ice, and the impossibly improved falcons defense that will make Russ cry. I have also seen us look like a dumpster fire way too much this year. Win games we probably shouldn't win, get blown out by green bay, some of our offensive calls literally (not literally) made my brain bleed. We are horrible, and you have to be a total idiot not to see that the falcons will destroy us.

Good for me, I have watched the Pete carroll seahawks do these things before, and other teams make the claims the falcons fans on this board are.

This team, for good or bad, plays up or down to the competition, but more often than not, pulls it out when they have to.

We win, and look good doing it. Monday morning, the hawks become a feared team again. Superbowl talk begins anew, and a child is born under the 3rd star on orions belt.

It has been written.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think if the Officials let us play our physical game the Falcons won't be able to match it, history has shown that a physical balanced team wears down most finesse teams when it come to the playoffs. If we have to play pillow football then we are in trouble.

If we are allowed to play

Seattle 28

Falcons 17

If were are playing Pillow Fight Football

Falcons 38

Seattle 20

hawks85

Reaction score
Tony Diesel":36ndr3jq said:
Falcons - 38
Seahawks - 24

The Falcons will have too much offensive firepower for the Seahawks, especially without ET.
c'mon bro really he had to go there with that. In case you forgot bam bam kam, frank clark didn't even play and Bennett was out most of 2nd half and we still went up 17-3 had 4 sacks and 10 QB hits. If bam bam kam played in that first game those blown coverages wouldn't have happened and we probably win soundly. I don't know who's going to win this game it seems like every falcon fan that comes on here is saying we're getting blown out because they have the best offense in the history of the nfl :roll: I do think it will be a battle that's all i'm saying.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I expect a really close game that could go either way but with our running game back, a superior defense and RW in play-off mode I could see a classic fourth quarter comeback.

Seahawks 31
Falcons 27

Followthelegion

Reaction score
Either:
1) Get ahead and let the pressure get to Ryan OR
2) Stay close, let Falcons go conservative in 4th Q, stop the run and let RW win the game at the death

No idea on the score. Lets go with Seattle 28- Atlanta 27

Largent80

Reaction score
Tony Diesel":myhe08od said:
Falcons - 38
Seahawks - 24

The Falcons will have too much offensive firepower for the Seahawks, especially without ET.

ET got beat like a drum in the game in October because of no Kam. Now the roles are reversed and you won't see those breakdowns in coverage.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I really want to be wrong here. I really do. I just think we're running into a team that has more weapons on offense than we do. With Earl Thomas back there this is a different prediction (and very well likely a home game) but alas....

Falcons 34
Seahawks 28

Prove me wrong boys.