FA Overall

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think its fair to be a little disappointed. They don't have a ton of draft capital and have created more holes on the starting roster. I'm sure they have a larger overall plan and I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt but they appear to have two holes at guard, 2 at linebacker, safety and no 2nd round pick. I wonder if they had hoped to sign a guy or two that they got outbid on. We will see.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Let's all take a deep breath here. Actual FA hasn't started and won't until tomorrow b/c right now we are in the legal tampering period. Perhaps the players they want are going to FAs that will want to attract multiple offers, or perhaps the team wants other team to blow their cap signing players the team is prepared to move on from. Perhaps the team is waiting for the second wave of FA like they have done in the past.

Last edited:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Missing out on Queen was huge...is Devin White still available or Lavonte David??? Looks like fillers at this point.

Rat

Reaction score
Patience is good, but considering how easy it seems to be for teams to get under the cap now, I would have liked to have seen them make at least a little bit of a splash. The Niners and Rams both seem to have unlimited money somehow.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
I'm not sold on queen as like brooks he seemed to need a potential HOfamer next to him to be really good , I am pretty sure big mike knows all the deets on him that no one else does

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I have people on the Bears board crying that Seahawks resigned Fant. Signed Gerald Everett.
I can only imagine how your fellow Bears fans are saying about Fields expecting a 1st rd pick for Fields when in actuality nobody wants him. I am expecting the same trade return for Fields as Zach Wilson ( 5-7th rd pick)

Chapow

Reaction score
Patience is good, but considering how easy it seems to be for teams to get under the cap now, I would have liked to have seen them make at least a little bit of a splash. The Niners and Rams both seem to have unlimited money somehow.

They signed one of the best available DT's/DE's, and one of the best available TE's within hours of being allowed to do so. That's not at least a little bit of a splash?

OP
OP
H

hawks85

Reaction score
I think its fair to be a little disappointed. They don't have a ton of draft capital and have created more holes on the starting roster. I'm sure they have a larger overall plan and I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt but they appear to have two holes at guard, 2 at linebacker, safety and no 2nd round pick. I wonder if they had hoped to sign a guy or two that they got outbid on. We will see.
They better have something planned. We need a Mike backer to run this D

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Odd. Many were so afraid of purgatory, yet here we are, frothing at the mouth that Seattle isn't suddenly signing every free agent out there for every hole on the roster.

This is how it is now, friends. Now we wait. They're trying to build something. Inflated contracts in year 1 of a regime probably not the way to go.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
I always wonder that with those two teams. How do they consistently spend freely in FA and get comp picks and have a roster of highly paid people and not be over the cap - they’re either doing something very right or something very sneaky

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
This has been a HUGE disappointment. We haven't signed anyone outside of this team with all the money we had to spent. Coach Mike, I'm disappointed. You guys better have a plan B and or C. We have no god damn linebackers man.

So YOU were the one hoarding all the toilet paper back in 2020 huh?

Scout

Reaction score
I always wonder that with those two teams. How do they consistently spend freely in FA and get comp picks and have a roster of highly paid people and not be over the cap - they’re either doing something very right or something very sneaky
You can sign players that have been cut or trade for players as they were not free agents when added. In both situations they do not count against the comp formula.

And they use a lot of void years or restructures to generate cap space based on future projection increases of the cap. The increased cap space of this year came in higher than anticipated which rewards teams that spend aggressively compared to teams with a lot of cap space.

Rat

Reaction score
They signed one of the best available DT's/DE's, and one of the best available TE's within hours of being allowed to do so. That's not at least a little bit of a splash?
I was happy to bring those two back on reasonable deals, I just hope we're not cutting ourselves completely out from the remaining free agents. Still quite a few guys left I like.