FA Overall

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Why do they need to immediately replace Brooks or Wagner? It's March 12th. They have 4 months before training camp starts and 6 months before the season starts.

There isn't a single team in the league that has plugged every hole on the team by March 12th.

Is every team that has a need at LB completely screwed now that Queen is gone or just the Seahawks?
Nope but the pool is thinning...I'm sure they draft but there is literally no linebackers on the roster. Going in with Devin Bush or BBK type would be a disaster.

bileever

Reaction score
Here are a couple of my observations after the second day of the legal tampering period:

First, it's interesting that Macdonald chose not to sign Patrick Queen or Geno Stone. They came at a reasonable price, but obviously, Mac knows them better than anyone, and he decided to pass on them. I'm glad he's not just about having his own guys or "loyalty".

Second, there are no decent linebackers in this field of free agents. I would have liked to have gotten someone like Frankie Luvu, but besides him, there really isn't anyone else worth spending money on.

Third, we're going to have to find a safety, and it's a good thing that there are so many good ones on the market. With so much supply, the prices will be lower, for sure. There's still Justin Simmons, Julian Blackmon, Jordan Fuller, and Kamron Curl, to name a few.

Fourth, the interior OL will still have to be addressed, but I hope we don't have to pay what some of these other teams have done in the first two days.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Don't rub yourself to hard over a 4th, 5th, & 6th round pick. At this point in the process i'ld rather they grab a proven guy in FA, along as he is filling a role on the 53. While not over paying them.
I don't dig when people flippantly mischaraterize the tone of my posts. I'm not rubbing myself "to" hard. Come on, dude. Why is it so hard to treat people that are rooting for the same team as you with some respect?

Almost everyone being paid right now that's going to a new team is being overpayed. This team isn't winning a super bowl next year. It's not the right time to operate like that.

I'm not going to envy fans of other teams becasue they're getting exciting news, or a dopamine fix. Most of these signings are for mediocre players getting near-top positional money.

I'd much rather have mid- and late-round picks. I'm not going to take the time to list some incredible picks at those stages of the draft in Schneider's tenure. I bet, if those picks materialize, one of them hits. Or is used in moving around for a player that hits.

12forlife

Reaction score
I don't dig when people flippantly mischaraterize the tone of my posts. I'm not rubbing myself "to" hard. Come on, dude. Why is it so hard to treat people that are rooting for the same team as you with some respect?

Almost everyone being paid right now that's going to a new team is being overpayed. This team isn't winning a super bowl next year. It's not the right time to operate like that.

I'm not going to envy fans of other teams becasue they're getting exciting news, or a dopamine fix. Most of these signings are for mediocre players getting near-top positional money.

I'd much rather have mid- and late-round picks. I'm not going to take the time to list some incredible picks at those stages of the draft in Schneider's tenure. I bet, if those picks materialize, one of them hits. Or is used in moving around for a player that hits.
Spend fair money on known commodities, such as known NFL performance, and player attitude to fill holes. Or rely on 1 of your late round comp picks sticking? 🤔 yeah ok.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Just gotta trust the new staff. I give them the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Spend fair money on known commodities, such as known NFL performance, and player attitude to fill holes. Or rely on 1 of your late round comp picks sticking? 🤔 yeah ok.
Robert Hunt, who missed half of 2023, just got 100 million dollars. He's like the 3rd-highest-paid interior lineman in the league now. He's above average, I think, by most of what I see. PFF and Dophins fans's opinions.

Damien Lewis is getting like $10 million APY. I saw knowledgeable Hawks fans last year that thought he should be benched.

We have different opinions on what constitues fair money.

OP
OP
H

hawks85

Reaction score
Just gotta trust the new staff. I give them the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.
FA's are thinning out, they ain't trading for anyone. The only thing left is the draft. I guess we're gonna have a bunch of rookies come September.

OLYhawks

Reaction score
This has been a HUGE disappointment. We haven't signed anyone outside of this team with all the money we had to spent. Coach Mike, I'm disappointed. You guys better have a plan B and or C. We have no god damn linebackers man.
DreNot Jones says hello! 👋 👋

12forlife

Reaction score
Robert Hunt, who missed half of 2023, just got 100 million dollars. He's like the 3rd-highest-paid interior lineman in the league now. He's above average, I think, by most of what I see. PFF and Dophins fans's opinions.

Damien Lewis is getting like $10 million APY. I saw knowledgeable Hawks fans last year that thought he should be benched.

We have different opinions on what constitues fair money.
Agree there. Lewis was solid, not great. So no those are 2 examples of overpaying imo. I have no clue how we attack this draft, with trades and acquiring more picks? Or do we bet the house and move up for a QB? Either way there is an abundance of Olineman in this draft which should trickle into the 4th round. Hoping we draft 2 Oline starters, gonna be interesting how the Lucas knee issue plays out? Don't sound good to me, so maybe we try Lucas @ Guard?

nanomoz

Reaction score
Agree there. Lewis was solid, not great. So no those are 2 examples of overpaying imo. I have no clue how we attack this draft, with trades and acquiring more picks? Or do we bet the house and move up for a QB? Either way there is an abundance of Olineman in this draft which should trickle into the 4th round. Hoping we draft 2 Oline starters, gonna be interesting how the Lucas knee issue plays out? Don't sound good to me, so maybe we try Lucas @ Guard?
If Lucas is healthy, I'm fine with him anywhere but center. It seems like the line is so much better when he's on the field. I hope they know about how succesful his surgery was well before the draft.

Ya, this guard class looks great. So does the WR class. I read somewhere that like 20 WRs could go in the first 3 rounds.

chris98251

Reaction score
First wave we rarely participate, cherry pick sometimes the second wave, weight for the greedy and overly needy to shoot their wad and come in 3rd wave and sign guys reasonably. We also wait for June cuts and pick up guys cast off on a reasonable deal usually 1 or 2 years. Then you have the draft to supplement both of those, additionally last cuts of training camp happen, and we fill any leftover holes then.

So you have plenty of time to make sure your swords and knives are sharp before you commit Harikari.

12forlife

Reaction score
If Lucas is healthy, I'm fine with him anywhere but center. It seems like the line is so much better when he's on the field. I hope they know about how succesful his surgery was well before the draft.

Ya, this guard class looks great. So does the WR class. I read somewhere that like 20 WRs could go in the first 3 rounds.
Yeah I've been hearing the same. To bad we have so many other holes to fill in the draft. Would love to get a YAC guy like Leggett or Washington, or a speed guy like Worthy? Unfortunately this draft I don't see us making sexy picks.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Two things can be true. It's ideal to wait in FA and they have put themselves what looks to be a risky situation with no starter at Mike and Will, 2 guard vacancies and a safety spot with limited draft capital. I agree we need to be patient but its possible they had planned on having at least one or more of those spots filled before the draft so you're not forced to draft for need. My guess is they missed on a couple of guys they thought they could get. They can still get creative and maybe a trade unfolds or they do land a guy or two in the next couple of days.

I trust them but I'm a little nervous when looking at it.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This thread sounds like that familiar refrain: Are we there yet?

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
We don't know yet what MM wants in players, so we don't know if there are good FA out there or not. The marquee names you know from sportscenter that are out there are also older, more expensive, and not necessarily a fit for our system.

For instance, Bobby Wagner might have a stellar year as a 4-3 MLB that only has to cover the curl. An Isaiah Simmons or Javon Kinlaw might thrive here in MM's system. Is Bobby the better player? Yes. Would he fit in here? No.

We've got big name FA on this team already. And the Browns and Jags can tell you more is not better.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well it looks like bring your hard hat type players so far, physical types that work their asses off.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
You've got to like a team that has a highly physical nature.

A bunch of tough mofos who'll knock the snot out of opponents.

stang233

Reaction score
Most all SB teams have 1 or even 2 great linebackers. We don’t even have a starting ilb on the team.