FA Overall

Lennie

Reaction score
Like Williams, yes I agree. Stone and QUeen were much less than I expected and we could have signed both of those guys. Both of those deals were good deals.
It’s a two way street. Players have to want to be here.
We are starting a new era of Seahawks football. I for one don’t go crazy on the first day of free agency and overspend.

Chapow

Reaction score
I was happy to bring those two back on reasonable deals, I just hope we're not cutting ourselves completely out from the remaining free agents. Still quite a few guys left I like.

Of course they're not completely cutting themselves off from any remaining free agents. Why would any team do that?

sutz

Reaction score
Not to cool anybody's jets, but FA hasn't really started yet. ;)

The Seahawks have always been this way, not jumping early into FA (except their own guys like Fant and Big Cat) and waiting for a couple or a few days before they get in the game. I know it's frustrating to the armchair GMs out there, but that has been the usual process since Schneider has been there. Not surprising it's happening again.

But hey, FA officially starts tomorrow. Maybe JS will make a liar out of me.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Not to cool anybody's jets, but FA hasn't really started yet. ;)

The Seahawks have always been this way, not jumping early into FA (except their own guys like Fant and Big Cat) and waiting for a couple or a few days before they get in the game. I know it's frustrating to the armchair GMs out there, but that has been the usual process since Schneider has been there. Not surprising it's happening again.

But hey, FA officially starts tomorrow. Maybe JS will make a liar out of me.
WE COULD HAVE HAD TYROD TAYLOR

Chapow

Reaction score
I need to note in the future that you take things very literally.

How was I supposed to take this comment?

"I just hope we're not cutting ourselves completely out from the remaining free agents."

Rat

Reaction score
How was I supposed to take this comment?

"I just hope we're not cutting ourselves completely out from the remaining free agents."
My comment before I said something about not being active in free agency and you made a gotcha comment mentioning Fant and Williams like it wasn't obvious I was talking about outside free agents.

And no, I don't think we're literally not going to even consider signing somebody who didn't play for us last year.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Given the number of holes we have to fill, and the dearth of draft capital, our available cap really isn't all that great. We aren't a team that needs just one more piece to be in contention. I'm happy to see them taking it slow.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I can only imagine how your fellow Bears fans are saying about Fields expecting a 1st rd pick for Fields when in actuality nobody wants him. I am expecting the same trade return for Fields as Zach Wilson ( 5-7th rd pick)
Actually, nobody expects more than a second. The problem is, Caleb Williams is holding up everything, because Poles wants to know 100% that Caleb is the guy, and he refuses to provide medical. It is possible that Poles will trade down just one or two spots for whatever he can get, and draft Marvin Harrison. I don’t expect that to happen, but it’s not impossible.

Rat

Reaction score
Conner Williams and Kevin Zeitler are still out there. I'd be happy with either of them. If we don't bring at least one of them in, I'm not going to declare next season over, but if we don't address the iOL soon, I'm going to be very confused of what the plan could be.

Chapow

Reaction score
My comment before I said something about not being active in free agency and you made a gotcha comment mentioning Fant and Williams like it wasn't obvious I was talking about outside free agents.

And no, I don't think we're literally not going to even consider signing somebody who didn't play for us last year.

I guess I just don't get why it only counts if they sign free agents that played somewhere else last season. Free agents are all free agents regardless of where they played last season. Williams was one of the best DT's/DE's available in free agency. Fant was one of the best TE's available in free agency. The Seahawks signed those guys. Why don't they count, and why would it be different if they had played somewhere else last season?

haroldseattle

Reaction score
I think we were all aware that the Seahawks were not getting into the early spending frenzy other then to sign a couple of their own FA's. Think the surprise has been just the sheer number of free agents getting snapped up early on. A number of those signed were players that folks figured would last a bit and be in the pool of players being considered by the Seahawks after the initial feeding frenzy and now they are gone already. It's a little disconcerting because the draft looks challenging going from pick 16 and then having to wait until pick 78. Between losing free agents and cap casualties the Seahawks are down a good many players and we all hope the replacements are not going to be downgrades. In JS we trust? IDK...maybe but hard to figure how the roster actually gets improved at this point in time. Guess we will find out once the roster is set and the season kicks off, but yeah, really isn't looking very good right now.

12forlife

Reaction score
Exactly. And if it works out, comp picks don't suck.
Don't rub yourself to hard over a 4th, 5th, & 6th round pick. At this point in the process i'ld rather they grab a proven guy in FA, along as he is filling a role on the 53. While not over paying them.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
It’s a two way street. Players have to want to be here.
We are starting a new era of Seahawks football. I for one don’t go crazy on the first day of free agency and overspend.
Pete never did that. There were always people on this board, every year, who would reliably freak out every March how we WEREN'T doing enough in free agency. Amazing how quickly revisionist history sets in.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Was it? Because Mike Macdonald was the DC for both Queen and Stone the past 2 years, and apparently he didn't feel that these guys were must have's. That should probably tell you something.
With no apparent plan to immediately replace Brooks or Wagner I'd say it was...one year fliers just don't work.

Chapow

Reaction score
With no apparent plan to immediately replace Brooks or Wagner I'd say it was...one year fliers just don't work.

Why do they need to immediately replace Brooks or Wagner? It's March 12th. They have 4 months before training camp starts and 6 months before the season starts.

There isn't a single team in the league that has plugged every hole on the team by March 12th.

Is every team that has a need at LB completely screwed now that Queen is gone or just the Seahawks?