Expectations for the Seahawks this Season?

Expectation for the Seahawks this Season?

• Winning Season Record

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Playoffs Wildcard

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Playoffs Division Winner

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • NFCCG

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • SB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SB Win

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Okay assuming a few things such as team no core team injuries by mid season and the season of course playing out in full. What are your true expectations for the Hawks this season, where anything less is kind of a busted season?

Winning Season Record?
Playoffs Wildcard?
Playoffs Division Winner?
NFCCG?
SB?
SB Win?

OP
OP
Z

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Last year my preseason expectation was a winning record, but I honestly thought the Hawks would miss the playoffs. So when they made it in I was just enjoying the ride. This year I think the team is better than last year, so I think Playoffs as wildcard is my expectation (Sadly with Niners still taking the division as their talent is still their, but the gap is narrowing).

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I think the season hinges on two things:
1) Can our revamped secondary make up for an unvamped pass rush?
2) Can we avoid the injury bug at our thinnest position groups (DT, QB, OT)

That and the whole COVID19 thing not exploding in our faces.

But if #1 and #2 work out in our favor, we are div champs. If one of those things goes wrong, then WC is likely our best bet.

ivotuk

Reaction score
:327321_Spy_23.22:
Mad Dog":2tw2zsaw said:
I think the season hinges on two things:
1) Can our revamped secondary make up for an unvamped pass rush?
2) Can we avoid the injury bug at our thinnest position groups (DT, QB, OT)

That and the whole COVID19 thing not exploding in our faces.

But if #1 and #2 work out in our favor, we are div champs. If one of those things goes wrong, then WC is likely our best bet.

Is "unvamped" a word? :327321_Spy_23.22:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
7 people think they are going to win the Super Bowl this year Lol. Not with that pass rush and Oline.

Going to be another 2nd round lost at best.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Ah ha, the eternal optimist checks in, always a cloudy viewpoint. Reminds me of Eeyore:

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
"So it is."
"And freezing."
"Is it?"
"Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Winnie the Pooh

i guess we all have different perspectives.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
What if the D is special and the young pass rush gets it together?

What if the OLine is actually improved?

What if the DB corps turn out to be undoubtedly the best in the NFL? (That might be a stretch either)

What if RW finds he has a bounty of fast, or big, or big and fast targets and the O opens up earlier, but still pounds the opponents physically?

What if the team can stay mostly healthy?

Why not us?

It could be a very interesting season.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Bringing Lombardi #2 home.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I expect a trip to the NFC Championship this year. Homer or not, they were a dropped pass from likely going last year. No reason they can't make it this year. And hey, nothing wrong with some optimism. If some think they'll win the SB, so be it. Think big.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I can't seem to settle on specific expectations for our finish this year. All I know is I am getting more and more excited to see it play out and grateful I still have some hair left after what we went through year.
The koolade this year is pretty tasty stuff. My hopes just going up.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
All i have to say is for the first half of games,...." Let Russ Cook",....

chris98251

Reaction score
I would say that we have to go into the season with the throttle punched and release the clutch 1st quarter 1st game and keep it there, we don't know when the season will end, how the Virus will effect the team long term, and any fakll out due to it as well as the normal problems.

You can't wait and build the momentum a bit at a time this year, the NFL says it wants a full season, but Covid has not been giving anyone what they want yet.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I find it hard to gauge where the Seahawks are going to be this season. The lockdown is going to make things extremely hard to judge.

I could see us being Super Bowl champions, or I could see another 11 win season and early exit from the playoffs. We have a lot of new moving pieces and we haven't gotten a whole lot of practice in. I see the Seahawks having two really big vulnerabilities that is going to test the team all season long. The defensive line is the biggest elephant in the room. We are thin here, and the guys we do have aren't that great, or have very inconsistent careers as far as pass rush goes. Our rookie has been absent (taylor), Green and Collier haven't looked that great in camp from reports i've heard, though Pete did say Collier looked more explosive. Our run blocking defenders don't look that great either, this is definitely the worst unit on the team. I'm curious to see how much Adams is able to compensate for this unit.

On offense we have our other red flag, the offensive line. We lost our second best lineman, he may be back but it seems he is still injured. The fact we're keeping that door open says to me that Pocic isn't doing so hot, and he has not looked good in actual game time situations either. Our RT is like an Ifedi with less penalties, and our starting LG is a dinosaur that has a storied injury history. Our LT is one of the oldest starting LTs in the league. He still plays well, but he is at the age where his play can suddenly fall off a cliff. Our rookie looks good in camp, but I'm not holding my breath. I hope he can contribute, but I've seen too many of these camp hype situations go awry. I'm crossing my fingers that he will be able to solidify the right side of the line.

I don't know what to expect from this team. It's been a weird offseason, and I see a lot of strong elements, but I see a lot of weaknesses as well. I'm interested to see the results of this season playout. I have no idea what to expect.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Better DVOA, worse record.

Teams that have major record disparity in 1 score games tend to regress the next year (see 2018-2019 Chargers as an example).

Seattle enjoyed some incredible luck in 2019 but got completely exposed for having a paper thin roster at playoffs. This team is deeper than last years and should be able to handle the season attrition better. But decisions on the OLine and DLine will haunt them all year.

I don’t hate the moves they made, and would feel better about it in a normal offseason. But with 3 new pieces to the OL and no preseason, expect some painful first couple of weeks. I think that will cost us games in and of itself. Not to mention the general slowness Pete consistently shows at the start of the season.

I expect another wildcard birth and maybe another playoff win. With a better product on the field in the divisional round than the devastated roster we fielded at GB.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2agvy17n said:
7 people think they are going to win the Super Bowl this year Lol. Not with that pass rush and Oline.

Bet.
I guess our oline and pass rush were all world team caliber in 2013 huh? Do you support the team or just play negative Nancy all day?

kf3339

Reaction score
It's going to be interesting. That's all I will predict.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":306lbyhl said:
pittpnthrs":306lbyhl said:

Bet.
I guess our oline and pass rush were all world team caliber in 2013 huh? Do you support the team or just play negative Nancy all day?

Yeah i'll bet you. Make the terms. Sorry for not being a homer and actually being realistic. Are you actually comparing todays team to the historically good defense of 2013? Also, the Oline of 2013 was worlds better than the one we have now. Take off the rose colored glasses dude.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We are for sure going to the playoffs.

If they win a single game in the playoffs outside of the wildcard game I will be thrilled. It is something I have wanted for years.

SB would be tremendously optimistic. Still, there is no reason with this QB and this secondary we cannot win a playoff game that matters. It would be nice to win at least 1 of those games since our SB loss.

Rat

Reaction score
Wildcard playoff win at minimum. Being in Russ' prime and the Adams move, we can't have any "off" seasons right now.

Could easily be like last year and we end up the 1 seed or drop all the way to the 5. Stupid brutal division.