ESPN “expert” projection has Seahawks to 9-8, clinch #7 spot

Mizak

Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/325 ... l-32-teams

Their “expert” projections has Cardinals 15-2, Bucs 14-3, Packers 13-4, *owboys 12-5, and Rams 12-5. Saints clinch #6 spot with a 10-7 record. If their fantasy is accurate, then the Seahawks play the #2 Bucs in the wild card game which, IMO, is a very bad matchup for the Seahawks cuz Bucs have 3 very good WRs and DJ Reed will get confused big time.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
This is what Brady Henderson wrote at the end of the Seahawks portion "but that might not be enough for a playoff berth." I didn't see anything about clinching a #7 spot. That being said the "Expert" did write that SF continues to fall off despite their preseason hopes. So I'm good with that too.

toffee

Reaction score
Russ always play better in good Florida weather, and his A game against the Goat. If we could get to 9-8, we are winning a lot of games from this point onward, momentum!

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

ZagHawk

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":w2ilbkx4 said:
10-7 is more likely tbh

So only two more losses the rest of the season:

Meanwhile Packers, Arizonax2, Rams, Niners still left to go. This is assuming the team doesn't have a clunker against a bad team (it happens).

I count 5 games above that are tough games no matter how good your team is, even the 2012-2014 Hawks weren't exactly sweeping every team in the division. I feel like for every game the Hawks usually manages to win that they shouldn't win (perhaps this week against the pary ckers and maybe AR playing), there is always another game where the Hawks will perhaps lose one they shouldn't...like WFT, the Texans or something so it kind of negates.

Anyway, I wanna say of the tough games mentioned, coming away with only 2 losses would already be very good, but more than likely there may be 3 losses or 2 losses and another loss somewhere else where people weren't expecting.

I think 9-8 is realistic and that's assuming RW is ready to play sunday (not just cleared) and the team is finally clicking on both sides of the ball. Realistically 8-9 is more likely than 10-7.

My prediction assuming RW is back and ready to play:

L to packers if AR is playing. (RW is cleared and ready to play, but he's still getting back in the groove and its a road game at a tough place)

Split Arizona (This will be the unexpected win, but a sweep is unlikely)

Lose to Rams (Swept, Rams just seem to have the Hawks number)

Lose to Niners (split, they're not gonna lay down and die for the Hawks)

Beat the other teams people think they should beat.

9-8

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
HagFaithful":2cwef18w said:
And a first round playoff loss...
Pull your head out guy this team is lethal once the D flips the switch
Look at our weapons guy
Take a seat :rumble:

chris98251

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":3m6y4368 said:
HagFaithful":3m6y4368 said:
Pull your head out guy this team is lethal once the D flips the switch
Look at our weapons guy
Take a seat :rumble:

Lethal, yes, it's called Suicide.

Run, Run, Run, Punt, Pass, Run, Run, Punt. the playoff Offense, rinse and repeat.

toffee

Reaction score
HagFaithful":2j04ihec said:

To a good % of dot net, that first round playoff will be a must loss. It's simply more fun to analyze why we deserve to loss follow with fire Pete than winning a meager first round playoff to those folks.

xray

Reaction score
Beat that dead horse ...he appeared to quiver

Tokadub

Reaction score
If we lose vs Green Bay I think the only realistic chance we can get to 9-8 is if Arizona is resting all their starters in our final regular season game.

Even 9-8 is probably a 50/50 chance right now to make the playoffs... maybe worst with our tie breakers vs the Saints and the Vikings.

My gut instinct is that 9-8 would be enough but sadly I don't think we will make 9 wins. Even with 9 wins we have to accept the very real reality that the Vikings might also get 9 wins and take our spot.

I feel like the Cardinals will play just enough starters to beat us, they don't want to play us with one of the top QB's in the league and potentially a defense who stops sucking by the end of the season...

However, if we defeat Green Bay I don't think even the Cardinals could stop us from that 7th seed.

EDIT:

The only reason my original 7-10 prediction isn't 100% on point for this season is that the 49ers ARE NOT GOOD. I thought they'd be better than us coming off one of the most injured seasons for any team in NFL history.

Now probably 8 wins is the most likely outcome.