Does anyone else think Seattle won the trade?

Did the Seahawks win the RW trade?

• Yes

Votes: 101 90.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 9.8%

• Total voters

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I really wanted Russ gone after 2021 season, and I believe that Seattle lost the trade. They should had traded RW to the skins for 3 1st round draft picks. Who cares if he was in the NFC division, giving him a big contract, they wouldn't have the correct pieces to block for him.

The Seahawks wanted to take the offer from Washington, but Wilson used his no-trade clause to veto it. The Seahawks were forced to accept the lesser offer from the Broncos.

nwHawk

Reaction score
If throwing the deep ball was the big thing, then guys like Jeff Blake and Rex Grossman would have been much more coveted.
You mean the Rex Grossman that took a Bears team to the SuperBowl? Yeah, I agree he was overrated. Has Russ become overrated?

The RZ thing, I don’t agree that he has been as special. I don’t think you have to look any further that when the Hawks acquired the best RZ treat in the NFL and said player couldn’t figure out how to get the ball to him.

Cool as a cucumber, definitely. Crazy spin moves and great wheels for many years, yup. But much like an aging Felix Hernandez throwing the change up too much Russell’s antics have been well known to opponents for several years. And he is slowing down. And teams are going to exploit it. Best deep ball thrower, but that ain’t winning him another Championship in the future. Angry Doug was better than he got credit for.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Yeah he's lost accuracy, mobility and pocket awareness. But his elusiveness hasn't been there for 2 plus years now. Add to that the thickness around the belly and faster D linemen and that's a recipe for 4 wins in Denver next season all season for the Broncs. 4 and 13

View attachment 53300
I’m not sure that he has lost accuracy, he probably is the best he has been at hitting a target. But seeing it open and trusting pre-throw, not the greatest.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy says to hold his beer
Well this will be an interesting parallel between GB and Seattle. Rodgers wasn't happy with the way things were trending. The FO chose him and dumped the coach. Since then GB has gone 39-9, with playoff trips to division or conference game.
Is this the new bar for Pete Carroll now? 39-9?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I did the research here and it shows the Packers ran 446 designed running plays and 626 designed passing plays. That's a 58.4% to 41.6% difference. I'm not sure where that falls in the league averages, but interesting nonetheless.

Compare that to the Seahawks last season, where they ran 413 designed running plays and 541 designed passing plays, broken down as 43.29% run vs 56.71% pass.

The Seahawks also ran 118 less offensive plays than the Packers last season.

"118 less offensive plays" = A lot more 3 & outs.

toffee

Reaction score
No one could doubt Wilson's ability to throw accurately, especially throw deep ball accurately, or on throw on the move.
No one could doubt Wilson's ability to scramble, he was our team's leading rusher just a few years back.
No one could doubt Wilson's emphasis on taking care of his body, he's the iron man.
One could challenge on his inability to use the whole field.
One could challenge on his inability to dissect defense.
One could challenge his unwillingness to learn new system.
One could also challenge his leadership when no one in the locker seems to like him.

I feel like thy lord blessed Wilson with super human tools, all of his problems generate from between his ears.

So did we win the trade? We traded a Ferrari with for a bunch of BMWs and future drafts. Unless the some of those draftees turned out to be Ferraris ....

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Well this will be an interesting parallel between GB and Seattle. Rodgers wasn't happy with the way things were trending. The FO chose him and dumped the coach. Since then GB has gone 39-9, with playoff trips to division or conference game.
Is this the new bar for Pete Carroll now? 39-9?
So the bar is 0 super bowls? That sounds doable:LOL:.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
So the bar is 0 super bowls? That sounds doable:LOL:.
Oh, but you didn't know? Aaron Rodgers has 1 Superbowl, just like Pete. For recent history they've been in the playoff mix 3 years running.
A lot of fans would expect the same of Pete Carroll, including myself, now that he's been given this vote of confidence.
Or are the Seahawks to become the Dallas McCarthys?..😣

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Maybe, but the point is that they got rid of a coach that won at a high clip. Because they knew they would continue to win at a high clip with a different coach, because the QB was the primary reason for those wins...not the coach.
Doesn't Mike McCarthy have a SB win just like Pete too?
(Honestly , not like Pete though, since Pete built one of the most dominant defenses in the history of the NFL)

Point is, you can replace your coach - and keep winning at a high (or higher!) clip because your QB drives the wins - not the coach.

Dallashawksfan

Reaction score
No one could doubt Wilson's ability to throw accurately, especially throw deep ball accurately, or on throw on the move.
No one could doubt Wilson's ability to scramble, he was our team's leading rusher just a few years back.
No one could doubt Wilson's emphasis on taking care of his body, he's the iron man.
One could challenge on his inability to use the whole field.
One could challenge on his inability to dissect defense.
One could challenge his unwillingness to learn new system.
One could also challenge his leadership when no one in the locker seems to like him.

I feel like thy lord blessed Wilson with super human tools, all of his problems generate from between his ears.

So did we win the trade? We traded a Ferrari with for a bunch of BMWs and future drafts. Unless the some of those draftees turned out to be Ferraris ....
More like a BMW for a bunch of Corolla
Russ is no longer a Ferraris and the guys they got are more work horses than luxury

toffee

Reaction score
More like a BMW for a bunch of Corolla
Russ is no longer a Ferraris and the guys they got are more work horses than luxury
Russ has a special place in my heart, he will always be that Ferrari to me. That said, I did advocate to trade him last off season, so it's a case of hearts said pay him, the brain said trade him.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I respect where you're coming from IndyHawk.
However I place the blame on dumb trades and overall poor roster construction for the reason the team declined over the last 6-7 years over Wilson.

He was a big factor why this team was still making the playoffs. Without Wilson, this would be a below .500 club and Carroll would've been gone imo
I respect your opinions..We don't see eye to eye on Russ but that's ok
He can prove me and others wrong in Denver OR you and others..🍻
Some of the trades were ones Russ wanted btw.I agree there were some
dumb ones and some stupid FA signings..It seems like they don't ever
play a game for us or just a couple and cut.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
What exactly has Aaron Rodgers done that Wilson hasn't? Rodgers has career 11-10 playoff & Wilson is 9-7 in just 10 years compared to Rodgers 18 year career...Russell Wilson first 10 years is the best in NFL history. Most wins and most TD pre injury
AR has 4 MVPs..RW has 0
I don't like the guy but who really thinks Russ is a better QB
than Aaron?

BASF

Reaction score
Maybe, but the point is that they got rid of a coach that won at a high clip. Because they knew they would continue to win at a high clip with a different coach, because the QB was the primary reason for those wins...not the coach.
Doesn't Mike McCarthy have a SB win just like Pete too?
(Honestly , not like Pete though, since Pete built one of the most dominant defenses in the history of the NFL)
Let's be accurate about why McCarthy was fired: he lost the team by making Rodgers the sole reason they could win. He seemingly refused to use Aaron Jones, was fine with Rodgers having ineffectual receiving options other than the best receiver in the league and the defense was allowed to erode to having few difference makers. It is very easy to see that making his HOF QB the center piece of his offense and team cost him his job.

Matt LeFleur took pressure off of his aging HOF QB by running a lot more and brought in young difference makers on defense. Kind of like Pete Carroll wants to do for his QBs and exactly what Russell Wilson does not want.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Russ has a special place in my heart, he will always be that Ferrari to me. That said, I did advocate to trade him last off season, so it's a case of hearts said pay him, the brain said trade him.
THIS^^^^^^.......I absolutely loved him being a Seahawk, and although I've always thought that he was a bit of a SQUARE in a ROUND world, & I was okay with that, but it was the insincerity that sometimes surfaced that was a big turn-off.
He wanted out, he got his wish, he's no longer a 'Hawk', no tears here, I'm ready to move on, NEXT MAN UP!!
G-O S-E-A-H-A-W-K-S!!!!!!!!!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
While it is laid out at OTC, the Rams model is very short term and does not allow for a lot of depth on the roster. In short they have to rely on a few players being dominant enough to win the day for them and if they are out for whatever reason the model begins to fall apart. If they are borrowed against future cap far enough ahead then the team simply tanks until they finally again have cap or draft picks and are able to rebuild. For them things look good short term but not so good longer term.

Last edited: