Does anyone else think Seattle won the trade?

Did the Seahawks win the RW trade?

• Yes

Votes: 101 90.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 9.8%

• Total voters

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Jerhawk..Misguided reasons?Really?We had 10 seasons of good reasons.
When his legs were gone he went south,it's not really hard to see that
was his ticket and it's been punched.
It's your opinion otherwise but I feel like your being misguided somehow.
When his legs were gone? You state that like it's a fact. The dude is 33, not 83. He will likely hit his stride in the next 2 or 3 years. And when did he go south? Do I need to remind you that two years ago the Seahawks finished 1st in the NFCW?

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I wholeheartedly disagree that his deep accuracy is not his greatest asset. Sure, it doesn't diminish much on the move, but he can't move as well anymore. He can't consistently escape the pocket, which is often clean when he bails anyway.

I find it odd that you'd criticize Pete for a "blind obsession" with big plays when defending a player who outright refuses (almost like he can't see them, but he can) open targets in favor of big plays.

Pete and Russ were a better fit for each other than most want to admit, but Russ just hasn't developed in areas that most good quarterbacks need to, and that's why the offense was always behind schedule.
If 'he's 'the guy' I have a feeling he will surprise a lot of folks here, in a good way. And maybe make it harder for us to get 'the guy' we're after. Same with Lock. I think he will perform better with this new opportunity than he did in Denver.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
We'll see. It's not my opinion though, the stats clearly back up Wilson as being a top 10, arguably top 5 QB.

Hey I hope I'm wrong and Wilson struggles this season to help the Seahawks get a better pick, but c'mon you guys. You really think we're better off without Wilson?
When he had legs to sandlot,avoiding sacks and busting cover 2 he
was a top 5.
When he plays game manager within the system he's a top 10.
When he decides he's something he is not and forces things such as
going for glory deep into double coverage and avoiding easy plays
underneath for first downs or more..He's a clown
You can John63 with stats till you turn blue..Those 4th quarter prevent
big chunks pad them up while a loss gets posted.
Are we better off?Yes-We are building up a talented young team with
more high picks otw..We weren't winning anything with Russ for the
last 6-7 years and he wanted $50 million?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
When his legs were gone? You state that like it's a fact. The dude is 33, not 83. He will likely hit his stride in the next 2 or 3 years. And when did he go south? Do I need to remind you that two years ago the Seahawks finished 1st in the NFCW?
You think he still has the legs?Call me a funny duck but I disagree 100%
He is 33 going on 34 in November..I see he is aging fast He can't move
anything like he used to and his game has gone south..Low 1st downs
more interceptions and sacks.
Yes finished first and one and done in wildcard game..Nothing since.

Smellyman

Reaction score
You think he still has the legs?Call me a funny duck but I disagree 100%
He is 33 going on 34 in November..I see he is aging fast He can't move
anything like he used to and his game has gone south..Low 1st downs
more interceptions and sacks.
Yes finished first and one and done in wildcard game..Nothing since.
DTs and DEs are faster than Russell now.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
When he had legs to sandlot,avoiding sacks and busting cover 2 he
was a top 5.
When he plays game manager within the system he's a top 10.
When he decides he's something he is not and forces things such as
going for glory deep into double coverage and avoiding easy plays
underneath for first downs or more..He's a clown
You can John63 with stats till you turn blue..Those 4th quarter prevent
big chunks pad them up while a loss gets posted.
Are we better off?Yes-We are building up a talented young team with
more high picks otw..We weren't winning anything with Russ for the
last 6-7 years and he wanted $50 million?
I respect where you're coming from IndyHawk.
However I place the blame on dumb trades and overall poor roster construction for the reason the team declined over the last 6-7 years over Wilson.

He was a big factor why this team was still making the playoffs. Without Wilson, this would be a below .500 club and Carroll would've been gone imo

BASF

Reaction score
He didn't want to keep playing under Carroll's conservative scheme. He would've played the rest of his career with the Seahawks had they adapted an offense that better suited his skill set.

I'm of the feeling that the Seahawks will be kicking themselves when it's all said and done. Trading their franchise QB still in his prime, despite his faults that are now amplified by his doubters, for unknown commodities.
These two paragraphs, as I stated, boil down to perspective. The part about an offense that is better suited to his skill set is a major disconnect. As I have shown in videos posted here, Wilson has been throwing the same routes since his days at NC State. It continued in Wisconsin and it just rolled on into Seattle. He will be throwing the same routes with Denver. It is the way he wants to play.

As far as the second paragraph, I will ask again to the people who think Wilson is in his prime (never got an answer the first time), what exactly have you seen from his play the past two seasons that make you think he is in his prime?

Am I happy that he is gone? Yes. He had become a bigger locker room problem than he was when the more vocal leaders were complaining that Pete was not holding him accountable when Carroll was holding others accountable.

Do I think we won the trade? Obviously.

Do I think that we should have chosen him over Carroll? Yes. However, there is a caveat to that. Wilson wants to determine who we sign. The players he has openly lobbied for should not have been signed. The funny thing is that several posters have pointed out that our offense was always top ten and that we were putting money into the defense. Why would we try to improve upon our strength making our weakness worse?

QWERTY

Reaction score
I really wanted Russ gone after 2021 season, and I believe that Seattle lost the trade. They should had traded RW to the skins for 3 1st round draft picks. Who cares if he was in the NFC division, giving him a big contract, they wouldn't have the correct pieces to block for him.

Fade

Reaction score
Fun Fact: Before Wilson's hand injury he was the highest graded QB in the NFL last season by PFF.

The "washed up" comments are hilarious. Wilson played fantastic down the stretch, and gave Penny soft boxes to run against.

The middle part of the year, when he clearly came back too early was a disaster, skipper should've held him out. But the skipper has been a poor decision maker for a while now. With a laundry list of bad decisions, year after year, good thing they kept him. M. I. Rite.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I really wanted Russ gone after 2021 season, and I believe that Seattle lost the trade. They should had traded RW to the skins for 3 1st round draft picks. Who cares if he was in the NFC division, giving him a big contract, they wouldn't have the correct pieces to block for him.
Wilson would've had to waive his no trade clause, which it sounds like he was only willing to do that for the Broncos. Not the Commanders or Eagles.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
These two paragraphs, as I stated, boil down to perspective. The part about an offense that is better suited to his skill set is a major disconnect. As I have shown in videos posted here, Wilson has been throwing the same routes since his days at NC State. It continued in Wisconsin and it just rolled on into Seattle. He will be throwing the same routes with Denver. It is the way he wants to play.

As far as the second paragraph, I will ask again to the people who think Wilson is in his prime (never got an answer the first time), what exactly have you seen from his play the past two seasons that make you think he is in his prime?

Am I happy that he is gone? Yes. He had become a bigger locker room problem than he was when the more vocal leaders were complaining that Pete was not holding him accountable when Carroll was holding others accountable.

Do I think we won the trade? Obviously.

Do I think that we should have chosen him over Carroll? Yes. However, there is a caveat to that. Wilson wants to determine who we sign. The players he has openly lobbied for should not have been signed. The funny thing is that several posters have pointed out that our offense was always top ten and that we were putting money into the defense. Why would we try to improve upon our strength making our weakness worse?
Very good points BASF. I do feel that Wilson had progressed somewhat as a passer over the years. Not as dramatically as I would've liked in regards to consistently going through his progressions and doing a better job reading the defense pre snap. Although, as I've said before, his lack of pass protection would play a key role into that.

I haven't seen your other breakdown videos in regards to the routes he likes throwing to. Which forum are they in? I would like to take a look at those.

In regards to saying hes still in his prime I'm going off age. I think any QB south of 36 is still in their prime imo.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Fun Fact: Before Wilson's hand injury he was the highest graded QB in the NFL last season by PFF.

The "washed up" comments are hilarious. Wilson played fantastic down the stretch, and gave Penny soft boxes to run against.

The middle part of the year, when he clearly came back too early was a disaster, skipper should've held him out. But the skipper has been a poor decision maker for a while now. With a laundry list of bad decisions, year after year, good thing they kept him. M. I. Rite.
PFF does not accurately grade how a quarterback is executing an offense. They grade the throws that were made.

An open receiver streaking across the middle, butt-ass-naked, and being missed in favor of a low-percentage deep shot isn't going to factor into their grades. The throw on the deep shot is what is graded.

This is an incredibly apparent blind-spot in PFF's entirely subjective passer grades.

Please, my brother in Christ, view and quote PFF grades within the appropriate context.

BASF

Reaction score
Very good points BASF. I do feel that Wilson had progressed somewhat as a passer over the years. Not as dramatically as I would've liked in regards to consistently going through his progressions and doing a better job reading the defense pre snap. Although, as I've said before, his lack of pass protection would play a key role into that.

I haven't seen your other breakdown videos in regards to the routes he likes throwing to. Which forum are they in? I would like to take a look at those.

In regards to saying hes still in his prime I'm going off age. I think any QB south of 36 is still in their prime imo.
Easier just to post them again honestly:

I am not the one that made these videos, they are simply highlights, but you will notice the same routes being run and the same throws being made.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Anyone disagreeing that Russell isn't HIGHLY slow compared to old Russ is lying to themselves.

Russ ran a 4.55 at his fastest. Watch the Russell below and tell me it isn't possible that he's a half-second slower in the 40.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Anyone disagreeing that Russell isn't HIGHLY slow compared to old Russ is lying to themselves.

Russ ran a 4.55 at his fastest. Watch the Russell below and tell me it isn't possible that he's a half-second slower in the 40.

Fast RW was so fun to watch. no 3rd down was unattainable, big drives were almost a sure thing, defenses were stuck not knowing what to defend.

Now slow Russ is 3 and outs, no need to spy him, clutch drives became pathetic execution, rush 4 in two deep overage and he is handcuffed.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Fast RW was so fun to watch. no 3rd down was unattainable, big drives were almost a sure thing, defenses were stuck not knowing what to defend.

Now slow Russ is 3 and outs, no need to spy him, clutch drives became pathetic execution, rush 4 in two deep overage and he is handcuffed.
He was incredible. My favorite quarterback to watch, of all time.

I just wanted him to adapt. He'll never be that spellbinding, insane Russ again - he's nearly 35, it's natural. But he really needed to open up his game and use the whole field to mitigate his diminishing elusiveness.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
There was no reason for Wilson to leave Seattle other than Pete not catering to the strength of their top player or they didn't want to pay him top dollar. It was either Wilson or Pete at that point, they chose Pete in hoping Wilson will kowtow and continue to play...

If they fired Pete & pay Wilson 50million, Wilson would have stayed a Seahawk for life. We would be a better team in the next 5 years compare to where we will be now. Will we win a Superbowl hard to say but we would probably continue to be a playoff team. I dont see us making the playoff with Pete as the coach unless we get lucky w/ young QB. Pete contract ends in 2025. No way they will extend a 75 year old.

Stupid mistake by the Seahawks which we will regret.
:cry:

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score

:cry:

rcaido

Reaction score
When you have a QB that has way more game between the lines who takes
what the D gives unlike Russ,you can cook like AR.
He also had the number 1 WR in the NFL.I don't like the guy but him and Brady
are so far ahead of Russ it's an insult to bring his name into their mix.
It all goes back to taking what the D is giving and making the change at line if
needed.
What exactly has Aaron Rodgers done that Wilson hasn't? Rodgers has career 11-10 playoff & Wilson is 9-7 in just 10 years compared to Rodgers 18 year career...Russell Wilson first 10 years is the best in NFL history. Most wins and most TD pre injury.

Stats proves he is one of the top QBs in those two years pre injury. He has led the league in total TDs the past 4 years. While throwing 4,000 yards. Career high in throwing percentage of 67% With a 105 QBR. We are winning more games too. 11-5 & 12-4. He also had 8 GWDs those 2 years.

In 2021 before his injury, he had the highest passer rating and look to continue his prime years. Nothing has shown me that Wilson is washed up. Seem like he is still hitting his stride.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
We're in a new era now with these dynasty-destroying contracts. The team knew he'd want to re-up. They got a bunch of great players in addition to the draft picks. I just have no idea how teams like the Rams can pay out contracts like Donald's new deal and have money left for anything else.

It's all laid out, contract-by-contract, at places like OverTheCap.

Latest posts