Does anyone else question Geno's leadership and accountability cred?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
That would be great toffee.
I agree it does feel like history repeating itself. (Someone already compared our QB batch to TJack and Whitehurst. Probably apt.)

If we can get a lower-round QB pick that took his team to a high level of success in college, has an incredible winning air to him, and we can get another 10 years of winning out of it?
Completely worth it.

I think you have to draft a QB every draft until you find a star though. You don't give QBs time to develop. That is stupid. You can give them space to get better, but you are always looking to bring the next guy in to replace him until he proves he deserves the spot. So you draft a QB in every draft until you have a winner.

I don't see Carroll going into the very worst team of the NFL, so we can get 1st pick (which is still only a 1 in 3 chance). So the best bet is probably to do what the 49ers did, get someone incredibly raw, and hope you can build him into a star. The Jets and 49ers both did this. The Jets look like they will have to spin again. The 49ers might have something. But if you shoot for potential, at least the 1 of 5 or 1 in 6 chance it pans out - you have a guy that will last you 5 - 10 years. Completely worth it.

No reason to look for a finished product. Too expensive and usually limited upside until you pick in the top 3.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Obviously, neither I nor anyone else know just how well Geno is being accepted in the locker room. But as a person, I don't have a lot of respect for him. He gets pulled over doing 95 mph at night on an urban freeway which even sober is pretty reckless, has to be restrained to have a blood test drawn, tells an officer that he has "little dick syndrome", begs the public to "hold back on judging me the same as you would do for a friend or family member", yet he fails to issue any kind of apology or explanation for his reported behavior. Granted, some of his reluctance to do so is likely due to his lawyer telling him not to comment, but there's nothing wrong with apologizing for any personal comments he might have made or was misinterpreted.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
I doubt either one of them will be with us in a year or two anyway. I don’t expect much this year but can’t say I liked that lost fumble from donkey boy but probably the better face for the team.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
To me it was him ripping off one of his LBs, when the guy made less than him, was going to have a shorter career than he would, and generally you don't steal from your teammates.

If you feel you are so entitled that you can ripoff guys on your own team, when you are the QB of a loser and that guy is one of the people keeping the team afloat from your failures? Then screw you.
Geno comes off as human garbage to me. In every way. From what he tweets, to his interviews, and finally nothing about his ability to play football is redeeming.

The entire way he carries himself makes it clear the kind of useless nothing he is. I don't even want him as a backup.

He is worthless on every level. He has no value, nothing redeeming he projects. It almost offends me to see him in a Seahawk uniform. Because he is just such a disgusting personality from what he projects, I almost have to overlook it. Brandon Browner killed someone (I think?) but I still feel Geno is the most repulsive person I have witnessed in a Seahawk uniform. At least Browner was redeeming as a player.

(If you are going to be a terrible human being, you better score more TDs or learn to lay people out when you make a hit)

Geno is a terrible player. Likely a terrible human being. And clearly one of the lower intellect people on the team. Gross.

Ruminator

Reaction score
That's my biggest concern with the dude. I see his on the field body language after a failed play and its sometimes sulky, pouty... just negative in a way that's not conducive to maintaining positivity in the huddle. There's a lack of maturity there that I don't think will change at this point.
This was the #1 reason why I didn't want Cam Newton in Seattle when he was available. His behavior was toxic to himself, his team, and even his fans.

BlueTalon

Reaction score

He says we all know why.
Well, I know why. It's because he's been riding the pine behind Russell Wilson up until now. His skill set hasn't been enough to compel a change.

That crap about the color of his skin having anything to do with it is complete and utter bullshit. The Yahoo writer revealed his agenda by mentioning Kaepernick.

Last edited:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
He is worthless on every level. He has no value, nothing redeeming he projects. It almost offends me to see him in a Seahawk uniform. Because he is just such a disgusting personality from what he projects, I almost have to overlook it. Brandon Browner killed someone (I think?) but I still feel Geno is the most repulsive person I have witnessed in a Seahawk uniform. At least Browner was redeeming as a player.

Damn, dude. I get that you're not a fan, but come on. It's a little ridiculous to be this melodramatic about it and decry him as worse than a murderer because he makes some snippy and insecure tweets.

fullquartpress

Reaction score

He says we all know why.

Obviously, neither I nor anyone else know just how well Geno is being accepted in the locker room. But as a person, I don't have a lot of respect for him. He gets pulled over doing 95 mph at night on an urban freeway which even sober is pretty reckless, has to be restrained to have a blood test drawn, tells an officer that he has "little dick syndrome", begs the public to "hold back on judging me the same as you would do for a friend or family member", yet he fails to issue any kind of apology or explanation for his reported behavior. Granted, some of his reluctance to do so is likely due to his lawyer telling him not to comment, but there's nothing wrong with apologizing for any personal comments he might have made or was misinterpreted.

I was surprised that the Seahawks were so quick to forgive Geno Smith for his DUI arrest in Jan. 2022 and his absolute garbage behavior during the arrest and blood draw process. I honestly expected to read the next week that the Hawks had waived him. Example of his behavior:

Smith was reportedly driving 96 miles per hour in a 60 mph zone in his Rolls Royce. Police documents said he drove erratically, smelled of booze and told them he drank wine before driving.
Officers allege Smith became belligerent during field sobriety tests and then stopped participating. He was then taken back to the police station.
“I joked with him about how my wife thinks I work too much. Somehow he said that’s because ‘you have a little d–k,'” an officer wrote in documents. “I said, wow, maybe that is the problem, then he said, ‘You have a little d–k, you have little d–k syndrome.'”

The 31-year-old refused both a breathalyzer and a blood test. “I’ll f–k every one of y’all up,” he reportedly told officers before having his arms and legs restrained. “You don’t want to see me out of these cuffs, you don’t want to know what will happen.”

I honestly haven't followed his court case, because it's irrelevant to me. Geno's behavior during the arrest, and his poor judgment to put himself in that situation in the first place are huge red flags

There there is the 2015 incident with the Jets where Smith got sucker-punched by a backup LB (NK Enemkpali) who he owed money to -- $600!! and kept blowing off. The sucker punch broke Geno's jaw and he was out 6 weeks, opening the path for Ryan Fitzpatrick to take the starting QB job and run with it. The $600 mattered to this reserve rookie LB, but was pocket change to Geno. While the sucker punch was a horrible thing, part of me feels like Geno got what he deserved. Why TF did Geno keep stiffing this guy instead of handling business he agreed to? Then Geno mocked him, in a smug superior way. Then he got punched and lost his smugness. This is team leader behavior? Not in my book! Geno flaked on a commitment to a teammate and then mocked him and threw him under the bus. Read about it here...

To me, Geno's judgment to speed 96 in a 60 zone and act like an ass-clown in his Jan. 2022 interactions with the cops suggest that the tiger hasn't really changed his stripes. When the chips are down, when the pressure is on, it seems the ugly truth about Geno Smith comes out. Geno had late, game-winning drive opportunities vs both the Saints and the Steelers. Both times Geno stumbled, fumbled, made bad decisions and crumbled meekly under pressure.

Is that just who Geno Smith is at this point in his NFL career and life, someone who stumbles, fumbles, and generally makes bad decisions when the pressure is on? Or do people see truly redeeming leadership qualities in Geno, where a team will follow him to hell and back under pressure, because of their strong belief in his leadership, character, and will to win? Did the Hawks make the right call to stand behind Geno and gloss over the DUI, or should they have cut ties with him at that point?

P.S. This is not an argument for or against Drew Lock. For all we know Lock could have worse issues.
Wow, I remember Geno as a 1st Round Jet pick(learned here he was Round 2.).
And the broken jaw, with Enemkpali unpaid from a summertime promotional event
And that he was a Charger backup for year(s).
I leanred of the January 2022 DUI only on this forum, and didn't know anything about the behavior surrounding the breath or blood sample tests.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Geno isn't a leader and implying he didn't start because he is black is incredibly dumb and shows a total lack of self awareness (or delusion you pick). The guy isn't any good. Sorta like Kaepernick really, only worse.
That said I think he wins the job because Lock turns it over too much.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
As I said, Maelstrom, he stole from a defensive player much poorer than he was. Then he laughed about it. He mocked the guy.

Go look into how he has conducted himself.
Admittedly, there could be some-Wilsonesque moral balancing going on and Geno could be donating time, healing sick kids, delivering food to the homeless, and building shelters for battered partners. But I doubt it.

He comes off as a piece of ish. And his own words aren't exactly helping him right now.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
As I said, Maelstrom, he stole from a defensive player much poorer than he was. Then he laughed about it. He mocked the guy.

Go look into how he has conducted himself.
Admittedly, there could be some-Wilsonesque moral balancing going on and Geno could be donating time, healing sick kids, delivering food to the homeless, and building shelters for battered partners. But I doubt it.

He comes off as a piece of ish. And his own words aren't exactly helping him right now.
Sure, but again, worse than a murderer?

Christ almighty, dude. Perspective.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Perspective? No one's comparing him to Aaron Hernandez, so who needs to keep it in perspective? Speaking for myself, he's an A-hole. Period.
I'm talking to Twisted, who quite literally compared Geno to a murderer and then chose the murderer

Edit: Ah, I guess it was attempted murder. I took his "killed someone" statement at face value.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Even after getting arrested for a DUI and doing 96 in a 60 I still think his off field decision making is better than his on field decision making.

i asked in another thread but what is the standard “you got a DUI“ game suspension he’s looking at? 1?

Latest posts