DO YOU TRUST PETE AND JOHN WITH THIS DRAFT?

GemCity

Reaction score
Not me. I did respond when this was posted that I didn’t trust them. How could anyone at that time? We had some tragic miscalculations and some not so great trades.

But, in my opinion, PC & JS tore it up in this years draft. I’m thinking they’re going to do the same next year.

haroldseattle

Reaction score
I was nervous going into the draft with all the speculation they may draft a QB early. However feel like they had a great draft. Now let’s hope it turns out as well as it looks at this time.

Last edited:

sc85sis

Reaction score
It’s the first draft in years they haven’t been picking primarily at the end of each round - especially in the early rounds. They’ve been a victim of their own success.

John63

Reaction score
Nope don't trust them at all, have not for some time

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
None of us will know the quality of the 2022 draft for a couple years at least but as far as optics are concerned? Looks like a solid A to me. Best-looking draft we've had since 2011/12.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
It’s the first draft in years they haven’t been picking primarily at the end of each round - especially in the early rounds. They’ve been a victim of their own success.
That is such a false argument And only ever has an effect in the first round. ”we’ll, hey team x sucks and they had the top pick in every round. I don’t care that the Seahawks 1st pick was ahead of our 2nd pick etc etc”. That argument ONLY works in round 1

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
That is such a false argument And only ever has an effect in the first round. ”we’ll, hey team x sucks and they had the top pick in every round. I don’t care that the Seahawks 1st pick was ahead of our 2nd pick etc etc”. That argument ONLY works in round 1
Extremely simple reason for that. The difference in success rate from top of round to bottom of round is far, far less statistically significant in the later rounds.

keasley45

Reaction score
Oh yeah? Which picks do you disagree with?

Go ahead. Put it on record and let time be the judge.

Don't bother reasoning. When you can't see reason because of a hyper biased perspective, the truth literally has to smack you in the face for you to see it. And even then, there's the tendency to try to explain it away for the sake of clinging to illusions.

For example: so as not to provide JS and PC credit for a brilliant draft in 2022, the narrative will be created that Jody FORCED Pete into giving up control of the draft. The same Jody, btw who was just months prior, the emperor with no clothes - see how that works?

Or that the 2022 draft was only good because we had so many picks... but Pete will at the same time get criticism forgetting fleeced in the deal with Denver.

And despite the fact that this team will literally now stand on the strength of 4 consecutive solid drafts ( in hindsight 2020 will turn out to be a cornerstone achievement for this era and 2021, remarkable in its own right for what they were able to get with so few picks...), we will likely go into next year with some here STILL claiming that we'll have to be lucky and Pete will have to again relinquish control to whoever else is responsible for making all of the smart moves for the 2023 draft to be a success.

Or ...

If we actually finish at say 8-9 or 9-8 or better, it won't be because Pete has been uncuffed from Russ and was free to do the only thing he ever did here - build a winner. It will be because no one could have seen the fortune that fell to us, and that we got lucky and somehow built a roster with immense talent and made it work despite wayard leadership and coaching.

Or ... if Shane makes players out of Lock or Geno, it will be because Pete inexplicably, after Russ left, stopped meddling. And if the defense roars again, it will only be because of Clint Hurtt and company succeeding despite the aging out of touch HC. - But when Norton was floundering, there was no quarter given to Pete, because regardless of who was running it, it was his defense . Yet... he was blamed for not firing Norton sooner.

The twists and turns that biased, illogical logic will make to maintain the narrative...

And of course, if Russ bombs in Denver, it will because Pete ruined what might have been a multi championship / MVP winning career. Turning a QB who COULD have had a long, illustrious run like Brady or Rodgers, playing xs and os at the highest level, carving up defenses with a methodical, chain moving rhythm that leaves secondaries shattered in his wake (even though he could never do that), into a pocket bailing, ball holding, 2 read player who's potential was only ever stunted by the shortcomings he never overcame.

Wait...

Now I'm confused.

Last edited:

hoxrox

Reaction score
None of us will know the quality of the 2022 draft for a couple years at least but as far as optics are concerned? Looks like a solid A to me. Best-looking draft we've had since 2011/12.
Don't sleep on the 2020 draft. Brooks and Taylor poised to break out with probowl potential and Alton Robinson has shown flashes. Looking forward to what a healthy Parkinson can do in this new "TE friendly" offense as well.

John63

Reaction score
69 draft picks since 2015 how many are top guys, better than avg? answer under 10( I will use 10 for the hit rte. To compare 2010-2014 we had 28 draft picks and out of 28, 10 ended up top guys and many more better than AVG. so we went from a 36% hit rate to 14% not great(hit rate based on % of top guys). Hence why I have little faith and the hit rate son FAs is even worse

keasley45

Reaction score
Don't sleep on the 2020 draft. Brooks and Taylor poised to break out with probowl potential and Alton Robinson has shown flashes. Looking forward to what a healthy Parkinson can do in this new "TE friendly" offense as well.
Said the exact samenthing above. Agree 100%

Death

Reaction score
This draft was very good imo and bodes well for going forward. We have a good young team here who will be hungry to quiet any naysayers.

keasley45

Reaction score
69 draft picks since 2015 how many are top guys, better than avg? answer under 10( I will use 10 for the hit rte. To compare 2010-2014 we had 28 draft picks and out of 28, 10 ended up top guys and many more better than AVG. so we went from a 36% hit rate to 14% not great(hit rate based on % of top guys). Hence why I have little faith and the hit rate son FAs is even worse

We have 14 good to great additions since 2019. 2 pending injury returns, but there's no reason to believe Brown and Blair won't be back.

The 2020 draft, as Hoxrox mentioned above, looks like it's going to be a hit at all but one pick.

Ruminator

Reaction score
So maybe I misread, but I thought the consensus was Russ had a negative influence on the 'Hawks draft the last few years, but now that he's a donkey, Pete and John were able to KILL the 2022 draft.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Call out the picks you disagree with. Establish your authority on the topic.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
You can say what you want KEasley but their draft was significantly different than in past years that it would be easy to conclude that they were forced to quit effing around stupid flyer picks in early rounds or to accept the suggestions of consultants etc.

I have very little issue with the latest draft except maybe taking a RB too early and maybe nit taking a flyer on a QB late. No real issues with who they took and my positional concerns are relatively minor. A very UN Seahawk like draft.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
This draft class has crazy potential, if it pays off things could get crazy in Seattle. I'm looking forward to the next draft if everything falls into place, damn...