DO YOU TRUST PETE AND JOHN WITH THIS DRAFT?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
How many years does this combo get to right the ship for an absent owner who hates sports??

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Cyrus12":9usu3yyy said:
How many years does this combo get to right the ship for an absent owner who hates sports??

Pete's contract goes to 2025. Strap in.

Chapow

Reaction score
GemCity":394vro8p said:
Chapow":394vro8p said:
GemCity":394vro8p said:
Chapow":394vro8p said:
Can you give me an example of how you, personally, are holding Pete and John accountable?

I’m not sure what you are asking for here. Are you asking if I’m holding them accountable and something like firing them both will occur? Or do you mean personally holding them accountable in a fan forum by doing the only thing within my power that I’m capable of doing by saying they should be axed?

There’s plenty of posts where I say the latter. Simple name and subject search will tell you that.

You just said this,

Living in the past doesn’t mean you’re a real fan. It means you fail to hold those responsible accountable.

So you're accusing other fans of failing to hold Pete and John accountable, but now you say there isn't really anything any given fan can do to hold Pete and John accountable?

That’s not what I said. That’s not even close. This is a very poor attempt to pigeonhole me on what holding one accountable means in a fan forum where nothing actually matters nor has an effect on the topics of discussion. My previous response was clear Mr. RealFan.

Oof.

Lets take this back a bit. What did you mean when you said,

Living in the past doesn’t mean you’re a real fan. It means you fail to hold those responsible accountable.

?

Elemas

Reaction score
I respect your opinion Chapow. :D

Thanks for responding.

John63

Reaction score
:irishdrinkers:
Seymour":1ihjyfji said:
John63":1ihjyfji said:
NY Hawk":1ihjyfji said:
I'm a little nervous about it to be real with you. All I know is..they can't f**k this up. They better not F**k this up. After trading your franchise QB you better not. What say you?

what have they done in the last 5 years with regards to draft or Fa makes you think you can trust them period. Not to mention lying,

Can trust??
Disagree. No way in hell do I trust them to make good use of high picks. :177692:

Lol

Chapow

Reaction score
GemCity":1zcpup46 said:

Thanks for responding.

Thanks man.

I get it. Things look awfully bleak right now in Seahawkland. I just tend to believe that things are never as bad as they may seem at the time.

Maybe we will be a dumpster fire for the foreseeable future, maybe not. I'm actually pretty excited to see what happens.

Elemas

Reaction score
Chapow":o4xchd9h said:
GemCity":o4xchd9h said:

Thanks for responding.

Thanks man.

I get it. Things look awfully bleak right now in Seahawkland. I just tend to believe that things are never as bad as they may seem at the time.

Maybe we will be a dumpster fire for the foreseeable future, maybe not. I'm actually pretty excited to see what happens.

A bit of shock and awe, doomsday feeling for sure. I went straight negative…

We certainly have a lot to look forward to and rebuilds can be fun. Not a 30 year playoff hiatus rebuild like the Bengals went through. Some of that magic we had a decade or so ago would be most welcomed.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I'm cautiously optimistic. This may be closest to the 2012 mindset JS and PC have had and that one obviously went very well. Since then it's been a lot of forced picks but now that we have so many glaring holes they can simplify and just take the best talents out there. We've got little choice so might as well be optimistic lol

Fade

Reaction score
If we cross out the matching rounds, ultimately the #Seahawks wound up trading

Russell Wilson, a 3rd, and Bradley McDougald

for

Jamal Adams, two 2nds, Shelby Harris, Noah Fant, Drew Lock, and a 5th.

Unbelievable. You can't ever build anything when you continue to get fleeced.

Need DeShaun Watson, stat. Something else has to be coming right? Or are the Seahawks the worst run team in the league?

Chapow

Reaction score
Fade":141x5mn9 said:

for

Need DeShaun Watson, stat. Something else has to be coming right? Or are the Seahawks the worst run team in the league?

Seems like an odd way to look at it considering those 2 trades were separated by 2 full NFL seasons. Why just those 2 trades? Why not throw in every other draft pick and player we've acquired or lost over the past 2 years?

Fade

Reaction score
Chapow":rb50svke said:
Fade":rb50svke said:

for

Seems like an odd way to look at it considering those 2 trades were separated by 2 full NFL seasons. Why just those 2 trades? Why not throw in every other draft pick and player we've acquired or lost over the past 2 years?

One begot the other.

nanomoz

Reaction score
More than I trust you to use good judgment with the caps lock key.

Chapow

Reaction score
Fade":2lwvyn35 said:
Chapow":2lwvyn35 said:
Fade":2lwvyn35 said:

for

One begot the other.

How so?

Fade

Reaction score
Chapow":3j7et9pt said:
Fade":3j7et9pt said:
Chapow":3j7et9pt said:
Fade":3j7et9pt said:

for

One begot the other.

How so?

Jamal Adams was their failed all in move. Now, they have to sell Russ and rebuild. The wheels have been in motion for a longtime.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Tusc2000":1fuavx6a said:
hawkfan68":1fuavx6a said:
Remember these guys are the same ones who built the Superbowl Seahawks. They are the ones who drafted Okung, ET, Wilson, Wagner, acquired Zach Miller, Marshawn Lynch, Bennett, Avril, etc. So yes I think they can do it again if they revert back to that model.

That was when Pete had a unique knowledge of college football, having recruited many of these players for a decade. Times have changed. They're not the same.

This seems to be the sentiment around here. I think it is wrong. I think the difference maker was not Pete's knowledge of college players. I think the difference maker was Scott McCloughan. We need to find another McCloughan but without the personal issues.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
SF traded 3 1sts to get their rookie QB.

A QB that was still just a maybe, not a for sure.

We received 2 firsts and some OK players for a HOF QB in his prime!

Not sure how you can look at those decisions, juxtaposed with the Adams trade - and conclude that we can be trusted to make sane, cost/resource effective trades to help rebuild this team. Not even sure you can trust us to rationally trade to aggregate enough picks or change draft slots enough to build this team back through the draft.

And then not sure you can trust this FO to make effective draft picks with the most important (ie costly) picks we acquire through these trades. MAYBE you can trust us to sell off those picks for a boatload of midlevel picks that we can use to take flyers on high potential/higher risk guys that might pan out. Then let the law of numbers deliver us a few wins, just by brute force of #s.

Right now the ONLY possible upside is that JS might be a QB whisperer because he scouted and seems to do with IDing guys that later become star QBs.

The problems?

1 - you still need high enough draft picks to get them

2 - we don't know his hit/miss rate. How many other QBs did he like that didn't pan out? How did he prioritize in his scouting? It won't help that he picked Wilson, Allen, and Mahomes to blossom if he also picked 20 other guys that never did.

But it is one of the few hopes we have - that somehow he is good as finding potential star QBs.

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
Donn2390":3utyd1f3 said:
hawkfan68":3utyd1f3 said:
Remember these guys are the same ones who built the Superbowl Seahawks. They are the ones who drafted Okung, ET, Wilson, Wagner, acquired Zach Miller, Marshawn Lynch, Bennett, Avril, etc. So yes I think they can do it again if they revert back to that model.
WOW.! Finally a real fan chimes in, the rest of these posters are pi$$ed off because Seattle hasn't won every Super Bowl for the last ten years and know far more that the experts do.
Very difficult to come in here and read some of theses comments, so I rarely do, just ends up making me mad. Very, very few real fans post in here, just a bunch of know-it- alls.

homer POTD

Tusc2000

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":26w3wvvr said:
SF traded 3 1sts to get their rookie QB.

A QB that was still just a maybe, not a for sure.

We received 2 firsts and some OK players for a HOF QB in his prime!

Not sure how you can look at those decisions, juxtaposed with the Adams trade - and conclude that we can be trusted to make sane, cost/resource effective trades to help rebuild this team. Not even sure you can trust us to rationally trade to aggregate enough picks or change draft slots enough to build this team back through the draft.

And then not sure you can trust this FO to make effective draft picks with the most important (ie costly) picks we acquire through these trades. MAYBE you can trust us to sell off those picks for a boatload of midlevel picks that we can use to take flyers on high potential/higher risk guys that might pan out. Then let the law of numbers deliver us a few wins, just by brute force of #s.

Right now the ONLY possible upside is that JS might be a QB whisperer because he scouted and seems to do with IDing guys that later become star QBs.

The problems?

1 - you still need high enough draft picks to get them

2 - we don't know his hit/miss rate. How many other QBs did he like that didn't pan out? How did he prioritize in his scouting? It won't help that he picked Wilson, Allen, and Mahomes to blossom if he also picked 20 other guys that never did.

But it is one of the few hopes we have - that somehow he is good as finding potential star QBs.

Fair points. But if JS does have an ace in the hole, it probably won't come out of the 1st round, none of those guys look like franchise QBs. But maybe he has another Russ-like sleeper in mind for a mid-round pick. It's a long-shot, but that's where guys like Russ, Montana, and Brady went. Not to mention UFAs like Romo and Warner. Time will tell.

SeaWolv

Reaction score

BlueTalon

Reaction score
OK, who in this thread thinks the draft was a failure?

(I'm reviving this thread because of the way the board now recommends old threads.)